Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,552 members, 7,809,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon (8702 Views)

Shugatiti Sues Pastor Who Alleged That She Is A “Mamiwata Sent To Destroy Men" / Bbnaija Ka3na Seeking Attention As She Bares Her Bumbum In A Scandalous Video / Caroline Danjuma Shared Photo Of Tagbo Who Alleged Died In Davido Car Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by OgaGist: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2018
Singer, Jaywon, practically lost his cool online when a follower alleged that he no longer stole songs but their titles. The follower went on to give alleged examples of Jaywon’s songs such as Joromi, Saro and Aje, which share titles with tracks by other artistes.

However, in a chat with Sunday Scoop, Jaywon gave an explanation. He said, “The matter is actually very simple. The same title does not mean the same content and we all know that. It’s like someone telling me that I should sue Small Doctor because he released a song named, This Year, when I had put out a record with the same title years earlier. Wizkid and Davido both have songs named, Gbon Gbon, but years before either of them, I had released a hit song with the same title.

“My song, Aje, is about trade because that’s what the title means in Yoruba language. If you have listened to the Davido Music Worldwide song, you can clearly tell that apart from the title, they don’t have anything in common.

“A lot of the time, some people just want to talk and get your attention by force. I hope he (the follower that made the comment) is enjoying the fame. What he said was very wrong. As far as I am concerned, I have never copied anyone; rather people copy me and they’ve been doing that for a long time. Because I don’t talk doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m doing.”

Jaywon also maintained that he would have released his song, Joromi, earlier than Simi put out a track of the same title. “I was actually supposed to release my song, Joromi, before hers. However, I attended her album listening party (before the album was released) and she sang the song. I then figured that since she was going to release the single accompanied by an album, the buzz would likely overshadow mine; so, I decided to wait for some time before putting out my song. I did not copy anyone. It is only the song titles that are similar, not the content.

Gist from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/follower-who-alleged-i-stole-davidos-song-seeking-attention-jaywon

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by OgaGist: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2018
sad
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Dec 16, 2018
“A lot of the time, some people just want to talk and get your attention by force. I hope he (the follower that made the comment) is enjoying the fame.
They abound everywhere, and you will find out they are lowlives.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by kestolove95(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2018
Y waste time responding?

3 Likes

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by originals1(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2018
I know this is actually the handwork of one of those attention seeking trolls and unfortunately his/her plan worked... But come to think of it, jaywon is actually stealing titles maybe to make his music popular

Meanwhile instagram page with 14k followers for sale, check my signature if you're interestedsmiley
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Peterdreddblog(m): 6:32am On Dec 16, 2018
angry
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Tomitohoimo(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2018
ok
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by braveboy64(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2018
you are the one actually seeking attention

1 Like

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Joshmodest(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Lol....
his next song might be ojuelegba , Wo or maradona ....title don finish Na why ...
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Bigajeff(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2018
Jaywon don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by oluwatosink: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2018
No mind that follower..
you shall keep giving us good song.
with your cool voice.

1 Like

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by fajob: 6:45am On Dec 16, 2018
Ok. We have heard.
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by AfolabiGwin(m): 6:45am On Dec 16, 2018
[quote author=OgaGist post=73884767]Singer, Jaywon, practically lost his cool online when a follower alleged that he no longer stole songs but their titles. The follower went on to give alleged examples of Jaywon’s songs such as Joromi, Saro and Aje, which share titles with tracks by other artistes.

However, in a chat with Sunday Scoop, Jaywon gave an explanation. He said, “The matter is actually very simple. The same title does not mean the same content and we all know that. It’s like someone telling me that I should sue Small Doctor because he released a song named, This Year, when I had put out a record with the same title years earlier. Wizkid and Davido both have songs named, Gbon Gbon, but years before either of them, I had released a hit song with the same title.

“My song, Aje, is about trade because that’s what the title means in Yoruba language. If you have listened to the Davido Music Worldwide song, you can clearly tell that apart from the title, they don’t have anything in common.

“A lot
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by NaijaCelebNews: 6:45am On Dec 16, 2018
I even forgot about Jaywon. His music used to be lit before. Anyways click link to watch the funniest Nigerian viral videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLs2QmlzH9A
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by AfolabiGwin(m): 6:46am On Dec 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by lawrence35(m): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2018
Just do your thing gee.... People must talk, it doesn't matter what they are saying sometimes.

Start Dropshipping from AliExpress for huge profit.
See my signature
click here to chat

2 Likes

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 16, 2018
kestolove95:
Y waste time responding?

Takes a lot of mental strength to resist getting one back

Besides, any kind of response will invariably end up on Nairaland's front page, so...

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by dont8(m): 6:52am On Dec 16, 2018
Most Nigerians are annoying and don't mind their miserable business.

That's how one low-life was comparing the title of Michele Obama's book to that of Toke and I was like what tha heck is that.

If you take a cursory look at the latest title controversy, you'll realized they ain't the same meaning to start with, one is Ghanaian word that talked about a lady's beauty while the other is simply about profit made after trade.
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Steal Davido song? How you want take sing am without a frog voice?

Need a laptop?
I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Details in my signature
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Nomesky: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by anambraamaka: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Attention seeking you too
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Emmy3(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2018
I never knew this before and now, you have gaven him the attention.
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Hoodbilonia: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2018
legends dont die
legends dey live foreva
if u work hard u can be a hero

nice song by YQ...nice video paparazi mix
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by emmydoo12: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2018
this is so hilarious, look at what happened to this 18years old boy >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVu-16gW4Vs&itct=CA0QpDAYCSITCOOa5qCVot8CFVaCfAodI9YHhlIORW1teWRvbyBjb21lZHk%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by BruncleZuma: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Youngpo413: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2018
Jaywon,a man with a good heart.
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Greatzeus(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2018
TheAgba:
Still Davido song? How you want take sing am without a frog voice?

Need a laptop?
I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Details in my signature
I'll rather have the frog voice and be rich than spamming Nairaland with stolen items to sell,calling it USA used,can't even spell steal,mumu undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by asmovic(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2018
originals1:
I know this is actually the handwork of one of those attention seeking trolls and unfortunately his/her plan worked... But come to think of it, jaywon is actually stealing titles maybe to make his music popular

Meanwhile instagram page with 14k followers for sale, check my signature if you're interestedsmiley
what more do you want after his explanation?
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
Greatzeus:

I'll rather have the frog voice and be rich than spamming Nairaland with stolen items to sell,calling it USA used,can't even spell steal,mumu undecided
You're miserable bro. I don't think I can help you.
I didn't throw any comparison, you did. That's what people with low self esteem do.
Many are out to have fun, you're wasting your life taking things that don't even concern you personal.

And thanks man...for the insult/compliment, it means a lot to me. I'd improve on being fast and accurate.
Also, if you think I'm selling stolen stuffs, why don't you prove that? If you can't, you're the most stupid person on earth.
Prove it and have me arrested, else you're more stupid than you think.

Just tell yourself that you're the mumu already.
Happy Sunday Mr. "I'll rather."
Re: Follower Who Alleged I Stole Davido’s Song Seeking Attention – Jaywon by Abortions: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
lawrence35:
Just do your thing gee.... People must talk, it doesn't matter what they are saying sometimes.

Start Dropshipping from AliExpress for huge profit.
See my signature
click here to chat
WhY ADvertise When U Can Have the Money all to ursef

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Nude Moments Begins In Bbnaija House As Housemate Tries To Massage / Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport / What Will U Do If A Girl In Church Play U This Wayo[picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.