Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? (13172 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Your Opinion Is Needed. / What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Donald95(m): 6:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Matthew 21:12-13 New International Version (NIV)

12:Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

13: “It is written,” he said to them,
“‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.

Also read Mark 11:15-17; and Luke 19:45-46 for clarification.

I think modern day Christianity rebranded buying and selling in the holy temple of God and called it Bazaar.

What do you think??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Propertyville: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2018
It is well
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by anonymous96: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2018
The first Scriptures that come to mind in regard to Bazaar in the church are Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-17; and Luke 19:45-46, all of which describe the incidents (there were two) when Jesus “cleansed” the Temple. When He saw the kinds of activities that were being carried on in His Father’s house, He became very angry. Clearly, this was not what the Temple was built for.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by babyfaceafrica: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2018
yes and no

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Mariangeles(f): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2018
No, it is not right according to the gospel .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Hakeem12(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2018
K
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Wizdray: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Warris Bazaar?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Aplaudez(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2018
why not! remember it is written, let not thy unclothedness be seen!
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by chidiebere2020(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2018
The Bible let us know what is right and wrong in the house of the Lord...

We remebered when Jesus flogged some people out from his father's house....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
PASTORS BE LIKE

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by dante0147: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
This one Weak ME !

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by chidiebere2020(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2018
There is nothing wrong with thanksgiving or bazaar, but buying and selling is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by johnmba: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Bazzar is done to help raise funds for building of the church. Its usually done once a year.

Jesus drove those people away because they turn the temple into business area for their personal gain.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Fran6ik: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Bazaar is a direct way of sourcing funds for the church through auctioning of items gifted to the church.
-most bazaar sales items are gifted to the poor in the areana.
-Bazaar is not a brainwashing sourcing of fund.
-Bazaar is not business or buying and selling.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by kestolove95(m): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2018
So I heard my Igbo brothers have launched their own mobile browser.�
It is called OKPARA MINI‬

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by tstx(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Anything that brings money is acceptable to Nigerian pastors...

Meanwhile Did you know that back in the 1800's negro slaves had their own Bible?
Slave Bible From The 1800s Omitted Bible Passages That Could Incite Rebellion

In the Slave Bible Passages that could have prompted rebellion were removed, And verses that reinforced the institution of slavery, were kept.

"Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ." Ephesians 6:5

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Donald95:
Matthew 21:12-13 New International Version (NIV)

12:Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

13: “It is written,” he said to them,
“‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.

Also read Mark 11:15-17; and Luke 19:45-46 for clarification.

I think modern day Christianity rebranded buying and selling in the holy temple of God and called it Bazaar.

What do you think??
Have you looked at the motive behind it? The fund raised are they using it for the church or for personal gain?. These are what you should ask instead of quoting one scriptures to drive a point without looking at the motive behind it. Aren't many Pentecostal churches involved in similar action like sowing of seed and other offerings raised during church programs?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by ogawisdom(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
Yes
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Focusmind: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2018
Thread to batch the catholic church. It won't work. The church remains strong. Only if you knew the meaning and importance of harvest and bazaar in the church.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Flexherbal(m): 9:06am On Dec 16, 2018
FrMbaka:
PASTORS BE LIKE

That your photo, got me thinking...
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by skyhighweb(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2018
Aplaudez:
why not!
remember it is written, let not thy unclothedness be seen!
u just simply quoted a random verse that has nothing to do with buying n selling but more of the way one dresses

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by neonly: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2018
kestolove95:
Islam is just d way

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by marvin906(m): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2018
ask the Catholics

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2018
Catholic practices heretics and abominations from serving image and bazar all this never recorded in Bible

I know most of them are in hell

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Iphone5: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2018
God Help me. I thought i saw BRAZZERS lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by femi4: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2018
Quite bizarre....you can only find that in Anglican/Catholic

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2018
Focusmind:
Thread to batch the catholic church. It won't work. The church remains strong. Only if you knew the meaning and importance of harvest and bazaar in the church.
you're a nitwit for defending Catholics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Clean Jokes / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.