Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? (13174 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Your Opinion Is Needed. / What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
Now that you have cleared that assumption, I will now proceed to the kernel of discussion . Do you have any scripture to back for your support for Bazaar as being a means of funding for the church?

asuustrike1:

Unfortunately am not a Catholic. My experience with the scriptures has though me to look beyond Christian denomination because there is no church in heaven. When Christ comes,he will judge the world and the church ( not a particular denomination as some people try to pain good or bad)
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Nodogragra4me:
Now that you have cleared that assumption, I will now proceed to the kernel of discussion . Do you have any scripture to back for your support for Bazaar as being a means of funding for the church?

I don't support bazaar or any form sales because there is no scriptural backing however if a church decides to raise fund and the members support it,I see no reason why anyone should speak against it. It will be hypocritical to speak against bazaar while remain silent on church sales ( books, tapes,DVD of pastors)

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
Romanus123:
Jesus called it "Den of Robbers" because those buying and selling were not done in a proper way. the marketing were characterized by cheating and unholy, that's why Jesus destroyed it.
Now, before you judge bazaar, ask yourself these question?
which people are selling these?
who are the beneficiaries of the proceeds made from these products they sell in the church?
is there any difference between buying something in the church bazaar and buying in the market?
then i tell you this, all the money raised during harvest and bazaar are for the benefit of the church, either to raise the church building or to pay workers in the church and also to feed the priest (Catholic).
At this juncture, i think bazaar in the church when done in a proper way is not against the scripture.
Bazaar is for the benefit of the church. Many persons don't know that most times the bazaar proceeds are given to the needy or poor around by the Rev Fr. They just assume nothing were there is nothing. Catholic faithful are not complaining then I wonder why anoda man dey take panadol for heh friend head. The catholic church is one of the most organized church I have even seen although they may have some issues which I don't agree with but their priest rarely live flamboyant lifestyle like their Pentecostal counterpart. The writer of this article which I presume is an atheist or disgruntled believer( not Christian) will have this article posted and probably hit front page. This are the kind of things seun and his moderators love just because of money but they turn blind if it from the other religion. They are happy seeing how many atheist abuse this forum with insults and unnecessary argument. Probably they will one day ban me for posting the truth before their eyes.
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 17, 2018
bionixs:
your head no con correct to the level everything go be pastor. wetin concern pastor with bazaar? you don dey mad small small and you no know am

You be pastor?
Abi your papa na pastor,?
How this take concern you?
Even if I say God is stupid, how e take concern you?

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by bionixs: 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
FrMbaka:

You be pastor?
Abi your papa na pastor,?
How this take concern you?
Even if I say God is stupid, how e take concern you?
ehe! you are almost roaming critics never go far. pastor hunters never end well. if they say they are pastors,are they your servant or are you assistant GOD?
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2018
Nodogragra4me:
Fr. Ubenedictus here should have the appropriate reason for the Bazaar thing in Catholic church
don't start giving me titles on nairaland please.

Many here have already giving you the reason for the bazaar, if that isn't good for you, I doubt my reasons will.
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2018
Nodogragra4me:
You dey make me laugh. For your mind Na you don report your research findings

Only you say the sales in Jesus times no be church get am .. which means say if Na church get am Jesus for no provoke .... Na you dey ask weda the book wey church dey sell no be selling things be dat.

The Bible says , buy the truth and sell it not.

Bazaar is not the truth .. it is a man made gimmick for helping God solve his problem which his unscriptural. God already appointed ways and means to finance his agenda but because of oversabi you criticise those ways , though many of church branches don dey market them aggressively, couple with the fact say majority of una members no dey give unless dem go announce the giving make every body know say dem ....be d real 'pillar' for the church ..... self glorification.

Sales of books and Bazaar no be same thing.... Books Na for edification. I am a personal testified to the works of spiritual books. Bazaar no get spiritual value ...competition with another man for who get mind to announce a higher bid now get value ...some no dey even pay afterwards.

sales of books in the church is still marketing so too is bazaar, the book you BOUGHT were SOLD and PROFIT was made, the good effect was that the book edified you.
In bazaar people BUY small things with huge sums knowingly because it is to support the work of the church, the good effect is that the poor is helped and church projects financed.

Funny enough there is a close biblical precedent, it is called redemption in the Old Testament, the easy one is when you can't carry your tithes to the temple because it is huge, you sell it off and carry money instead, there is also a way to redeem aka buy back your first born etc, in this case the offering during harvest is too much most can't be consumed and others the church has no need of so they are taken outside the church and sold off and the money is giving for the needs of the church.

Of course you can find fault if you want but if you support the same sales of books and condemn bazaar then you are a hypocrite, sales is sales
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ubenedictus:
sales of books in the church is still marketing so too is bazaar, the book you BOUGHT were SOLD and PROFIT was made, the good effect was that the book edified you.
In bazaar people BUY small things with huge sums knowingly because it is to support the work of the church, the good effect is that the poor is helped and church projects financed.

Funny enough there is a close biblical precedent, it is called redemption in the Old Testament, the easy one is when you can't carry your tithes to the temple because it is huge, you sell it off and carry money instead, there is also a way to redeem aka buy back your first born etc, in this case the offering during harvest is too much most can't be consumed and others the church has no need of so they are taken outside the church and sold off and the money is giving for the needs of the church.

Of course you can find fault if you want but if you support the same sales of books and condemn bazaar then you are a hypocrite, sales is sales

I never entertained any doubt that you would come up with excuses for Bazaar even if it meant twisting some portions of the Bible until they blend with your position.

Sales of books and Bazaar are parallels that can never find congruence. Books are sold because there is no other way of gaining knowledge but by it. Daniel understood by books. Jesus Christ himself discovered what was written concerning him by books. God and by extension the holy Ghost values books that he personally used his finger to write out the ten commandments.... The Bible says you should buy the truth ...the truth must cost you something and sell it not. Revelations ...Rhema are gained by mediating on the written word ..logos

There is no correlation between the old testament method of redemption and your Bazaar ... There is nothing either funny nor close between both neither is there any empirical evidence linking Bazaar and tithes of the old testament era. The same is also true of buying back first sons. Bazaar has no spiritual value. It has no close call anywhere in the scripture unless you want to add to the Bible

Bazaar is no more than religion inside Christianity. Religion is man's idea of getting it right with God not what the scripture says. God already made provisions for means of funding his work but only recently did your church agreed with it. Nobody can support the church.
A competitive bidding between two or more persons inside the church with the sole aim of making a killing out of the process adds no spiritual value but only massages the egos of the bidders. God never stands ready to back your personal opinion of how it should be done .. I this his word that he defends

Books are not sold for profit basically for no church can fund anything or project with profit from books sales.
The 100,000 capacity church of the Dunamis wouldn't be standing today of they hoped to make the money out of books ...the most expensive book in those churches are not more than 2000 naira but Bazaar has no fixed price . It depends heavily on the skills of the auctioneer.

How does Bazaar helps the poor?

Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
You mean after the Bazaar sales that the process, money realised , are shared out by the father to the poor? Mention one father that distributed monies from Bazaar to the poor.

asuustrike1:

Bazaar is for the benefit of the church. Many persons don't know that most times the bazaar proceeds are given to the needy or poor around by the Rev Fr. They just assume nothing were there is nothing. Catholic faithful are not complaining then I wonder why anoda man dey take panadol for heh friend head. The catholic church is one of the most organized church I have even seen although they may have some issues which I don't agree with but their priest rarely live flamboyant lifestyle like their Pentecostal counterpart. The writer of this article which I presume is an atheist or disgruntled believer( not Christian) will have this article posted and probably hit front page. This are the kind of things seun and his moderators love just because of money but they turn blind if it from the other religion. They are happy seeing how many atheist abuse this forum with insults and unnecessary argument. Probably they will one day ban me for posting the truth before their eyes.
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nodogragra4me:
You mean after the Bazaar sales that the process, money realised , are shared out by the father to the poor? Mention one father that distributed monies from Bazaar to the poor.

If I mention one to you you wouldn't know his name because he is not popular
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ok. But I will Google the name and information you provide

asuustrike1:

If I mention one to you you wouldn't know his name because he is not popular
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
Sales of books and Bazaar are parallels that can never find congruence. Books are sold because there is no other way of gaining knowledge but by it. Daniel understood by books. Jesus Christ himself discovered what was written concerning him by books. God and by extension the holy Ghost values books that he personally used his finger to write out the ten commandments.... The Bible says you should buy the truth ...the truth must cost you something and sell it not. Revelations ...Rhema are gained by mediating on the written word ..logos
Both of them involves sales and money is generated.
You are more confuse yourself by making reference to Jesus that said freely you receive and freely shall you give?. Why would a pastor sale his messages on tapes when he got the inspiration from God?.

There is no correlation between the old testament method of redemption and your Bazaar ... There is nothing either funny nor close between both neither is there any empirical evidence linking Bazaar and tithes of the old testament era.
Una go dey blow grammar up and down. You did mention empirical evidence yet your research is conceptual? undecided . You didn't even carry a proper research but were just stating facts or you think you can just speak grammar and go scot free?

Books are not sold for profit basically for no church can fund anything or project with profit from books sales.
The 100,000 capacity church of the Dunamis wouldn't be standing today of they hoped to make the money out of books ...the most expensive book in those churches are not more than 2000 naira but Bazaar has no fixed price . It depends heavily on the skills of the auctioneer.

How does Bazaar helps the poor?
How does sales of Christian materials affect the poor are they not suppose to be free? undecided
To worsened your write up you said Christian literatures are not profit making yet they carry out aggressive advertising on their owned TV stations and forces their members to buy them.
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Ok. But I will Google the name and information you provide

Mr man not all priest have time for the internet hence many are not on social media neither do they involve the press
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
I didn't ask whether the priest has time for the internet. He doesn't need to have time for it for information on his activities to be available online.

asuustrike1:

Mr man not all priest have time for the internet hence many are not on social media neither do they involve the press
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nodogragra4me:
I didn't ask whether the priest has time for the internet. He doesn't need to have time for it for information on his activities to be available online.

Fr Akpanke
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Manasp: 7:18am On Dec 28, 2018
Obaofusa:
Catholic practices heretics and abominations from serving image and bazar all this never recorded in Bible

I know most of them are ijn hell

I'm not a Catholic, but hmmmmmm hell?
Re: Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? by Wizayodeji(m): 1:49am On Dec 30, 2018
How can I upload. Cuz I'm new here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Funny Beliefs We Had As Children / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.