Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? (740 Views)

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by toolovely(m): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2018
Recently, pastors while praying for the congregation would tell the church to shout "amen on top of their voices" or that "your amen should be louder than your neighbour" to be blessed.

And I want to ask, does how much you shout amen guarantee your blessings from God or the heart and faith that you accept the prayers being offered?
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by jchioma: 8:17am On Dec 16, 2018
Why don't we start by first finding out meaning of the word "Amen"?
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by madridguy(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2018
As your body dey pepper you reach naso you go take open your mouth for amen grin
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by solutionmi: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2018
believe is the main thing in prayer
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by bot101(m): 8:24am On Dec 16, 2018
One of the most powerful prayers ever answered in the Bible (Hannah's request for a child) was without a spoken word, let alone an amen.

Anytime I'm praying and a pastor keeps harping "Pray louder!! Shout a bigger amen!!!" My silence increases and motion during prayer keeps reducing. Their shout isn't validation or invalidation of my prayers. I'm praying to God, not them.

Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by InansBobo(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2018
No! Your believe and faith determines your answers.
The pastors say that just to make the service lively
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by hisgrace090: 8:28am On Dec 16, 2018
Your pattern might not be possibly mine.

Some shout while others pray in silence.
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by ObaKlaz: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2018
Pastors can be very funny... There are plenty doubting Thomases screaming AMEN in churches. Without faith, you'd just be shouting yourself hoarse. All that "let your amen be louder than your neighbour's" bullshit NEVER moves me. GOD IS NOT DEAF!
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by Makito015(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2018
Does it mean that those who pray aloud are answered before those who pray in silence?
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2018
The one wey dey vex me die na when all those pastors have the congregation chanting 'Die, Die, Die' for more than 5 minutes non stop. You wey no come do am go be like demon for their midst.

Pastor; Now, the angels have told me, there are 27 people here that are about to recover their lost blessings. Oh yes! I can see the angels holding boxes of gifts. Stretch your hands forward and get ready to receive yours. If you want to receive your own, with an Amen louder than your neighbors' Reeecciieevvee yooouuurrr bleesssiiiingg.

Congregation; Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen! I receive it!

Pastor; Skiborobo! Yes, yes, yes! I can see it. People are receiving their gifts. Yes, yes! Take it, take it! Take it back! Any power standing on my way...

Congregation; Fall down and die!

Pastor; Any power standing on my way....

Congregation; Fall down and die! X100

10 minutes later.
Pastor; It is now time for offering. Don't be selfish to God. You have received your gifts. Now reward God with a bountiful offering. Change that offering. Don't give God what you gave him last week. Change it for God's sake. And for those of you who pledged 24-hour miracle seeds...come to the altar with your pledges in envelopes. I also need just 5 people who would pledge the sum of 500k each for the growth of the church of God. Just five.

(in less than 5 minutes, there are over a hundred people scattered across the altar.)

Office to badt gan!

Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by xtravanganza: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
faith and sincerity of the heart is the major factor in any prayer.
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by czarina(f): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:
The one wey dey vex me die na when all those pastors have the congregation chanting 'Die, Die, Die' for more than 5 minutes non stop. You wey no come do am go be like demon for their midst.

Pastor; Now, the angels have told me, there are 27 people here that are about to recover their lost blessings. Oh yes! I can see the angels holding boxes of gifts. Stretch your hands forward and get ready to receive yours. If you want to receive your own, with an Amen louder than your neighbors' Reeecciieevvee yooouuurrr bleesssiiiingg.

Pastor; Skiborobo! Yes, yes, yes! I can see it. People are receiving their gifts. Yes, yes! Take it, take it! Take it back! Any power standing on my way...

10 minutes later.
Pastor; It is now time for offering. Don't be selfish to God. You have received your gifts. Now reward God with a bountiful offering. Change that offering. Don't give God what you gave him last week. Change it for God's sake. And for those of you who pledged 24-hour miracle seeds...come to the altar with your pledges in envelopes. I also need just 5 people who would pledge the sum of 500k each for the growth of the church of God. Just five.

(in less than 5 minutes, there are over a hundred people scattered across the altar.)

Office to badt gan!
walahi.....you just depicted one church I know in Delta. The same steps and wordings. God help us.
Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2018
czarina:
walahi.....you just depicted one church I know in Delta. The same steps and wordings. God help us.
Many of them use the same format. I've never been to Delta state sef

Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by tstx(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:

10 minutes later.

Office to badt gan!

Re: Is Shouting Amen More Than Your Neighbour Guarantee Answered Prayers? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:

10 minutes later.

Office to badt gan!

Die by Fire Die by Fire

Satan die cheesy

Atheists Do Not Believe In A God Or Gods, What About Ghosts And Spirits? / Genuine Christians Are Known By Their Suffering And Love / The Wedding Clothes: Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen.