Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? (3788 Views)

Which Zone Will Decide 2023 Polls? / Which Zone Will You Prefer To Vote For If You Are Faced With This Situation / Bello Matawalle Rejects FG’s No-Fly Zone In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by kettykin: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
darkhorizon:

It's like you've never been to the South East before, majority of the states in the South East are rural except their capitals.

And mind you, the Igbos are only industrious/ hard working when they migrate out of the East, the ones in the East are not as business minded as the ones in Lagos, it hit me by a big surprise when I moved to the east and found out the Igbos here are lazy, just like states in northern Nigeria that their mantra is "I can't come and kee myself".

The East is also as conservative as the North, if you're anything other than a Christian, you'd be looked at with disgust and even be discriminated openly to your face.

Most of the Igbo businesses you mentioned there are based outside the East.

South South deserves the accolades except for states like Bayelsa and Rivers to an extent.

South West should tie with the South South, although the South West leads in many aspects.

I have traveled round Nigeria, the fastest developing state capital is owerri. It has exceeded the development efforts of any other state capital. The fastest growing commercial city is onitsha.
Both owerri and onitsha are driven by 100percent igbo private initiative.
Lagos growth is 30 % federal government and 30 %state and 40% non indigene non yoruba driven .
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by darkhorizon: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
kettykin:

I have traveled round Nigeria, the fastest developing state capital is owerri. It has exceeded the development efforts of any other state capital. The fastest growing commercial city is onitsha.
Both owerri and onitsha are driven by 100percent igbo private initiative.
Lagos growth is 30 % federal government and 30 %state and 40% non indigene non yoruba driven .

Where did you get the percentile facts, or you just brought it out of thin air Save Owerri, tell me another urban place in Omo state.

Throughout South East, Anambra is the only state that has another developed city outside it's capital.

2 Likes

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by kettykin: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
darkhorizon:

Where did you get the percentile facts, or you just brought it out of thin air Save Owerri, tell me another urban place in Omo state.

Throughout South East, Anambra is the only state that has another developed city outside it's capital.
Imo has owerri, orlu,okigwe oguta.
Anambra has onitsha, awka,nnewi.
Lagos percentages might not be very accurate as dangote alone might be contributing more than the state government in developing Lagos. The federal infrastructure dwarfs any investment the state government can ever do
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
darkhorizon:

It's like you've never been to the South East before, majority of the states in the South East are rural except their capitals.

And mind you, the Igbos are only industrious/ hard working when they migrate out of the East, the ones in the East are not as business minded as the ones in Lagos, it hit me by a big surprise when I moved to the east and found out the Igbos here are lazy, just like states in northern Nigeria that their mantra is "I can't come and kee myself".

The East is also as conservative as the North, if you're anything other than a Christian, you'd be looked at with disgust and even be discriminated openly to your face.

Most of the Igbo businesses you mentioned there are based outside the East.

South South deserves the accolades except for states like Bayelsa and Rivers to an extent.

South West should tie with the South South, although the South West leads in many aspects.

Which part of Southeast are you talking about?
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by totit: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
darkhorizon:

Typical of people from that part of the country ; they derive joy in throwing figures about. Whenever you want to expose them just ask them to back their EgbereTV stats with facts and see them run like ojukwu just like the deluded one I asked few minutes ago to back up his aba made stats.

Lmao grin
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by walefresh3(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
Galaxyowerri:

You think I have time for propaganda and empty talk?
All the SE states especially IMO, Anambra, Abia and Enugu are always in the forefront in terms of literacy, school enrollment into primary, secondary and university levels. Check all the data available for JAMB, WAEC, Unity schools etc. Even Ebonyi that used to lag behind is now always in the first 10.
oga you dey lie wella . add the total numbers of pass students in se states, and the total numbers of pass students in SW, you go see say SW override your region. weytin concern me with state with the forefront ? I want to know the region in the forefront in waec.thats all.
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by newschartapp: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
see http://newschartapp.com/development to see how these states fared in development this year, month and week. This can help you in your judgement
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by newschartapp: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
dlaw70:
Lets be sincere and look at this development argument from an infrastructural indices-urbanization,cleanliness and orderlines,numbers of towns.
South east,south west,south south,north east,north central and north west. Pls vote sincerely o

see http://newschartapp.com/development to see how these states fared in development this year, month and week. This can help you in your judgement
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by walefresh3(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
Galaxyowerri:

You think I have time for propaganda and empty talk?
All the SE states especially IMO, Anambra, Abia and Enugu are always in the forefront in terms of literacy, school enrollment into primary, secondary and university levels. Check all the data available for JAMB, WAEC, Unity schools etc. Even Ebonyi that used to lag behind is now always in the first 10.
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by awgumayor: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
FarahAideed:
The truth is no part of Nigeria is developed till date ..even Lagos which Nigerian like to boast about has 70 percent of it population living on untarred dirt roads, 99 percent have zero access to pipe borne water and and a whooping 70 percent have no access to proper toilets or even toilet ...100 percent have to access to sewage management ... Nigeria is the worst shithole on earth
You might have lived in overseas or you are currently living there to know that Nigerians use to celebrate the uncelebratable. Until Nigerians know what development is all about that's when they will start demanding it from their leaders.

1 Like

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by darkhorizon: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
kettykin:

Imo has owerri, orlu,okigwe oguta.
Anambra has onitsha, awka,nnewi.
Lagos percentages might not be very accurate as dangote alone might be contributing more than the state government in developing Lagos. The federal infrastructure dwarfs any investment the state government can ever do

I said only Anambra.

Calling Orlu, Okigwe and Oguta cities is just like calling Awgu, Udi and Nkanu of Enugu State cities
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by kettykin: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
darkhorizon:

I said only Anambra.

Calling Orlu, Okigwe and Oguta cities is just like calling Awgu, Udi and Nkanu of Enugu State cities

Anambra has Onitsha , Awka and Nnewi then , though Nnewi is just emerging city

Imo has owerri and orlu while Okigwe is tethering on edges
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by Strikethem: 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
toideve:

You are overwhelmed with developments in Lagos. The thread is talking about all the five states that make up SW. Lagos State cannot speak for Ogun or Ondo state. I hope you understand what's happening here.
Why are you people so daft, the op ask question and they answet southwest, but because of shame, una start mentioning Lagos. Do they mention Lagos? All they mentioned was southwest. U guys have inferiority complex.
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by Strikethem: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
zurich1010:

Dumb Afonja...low IQ things!
Lzy thinking Osu, when they have nothing fo say, they result to showing pic. Very stupid set of smelly people.

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by Ttipsy(f): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
I'll say SS or SE. all part these region are fast developing, both non capital cities, suburbs, Economy booming be in manufacturing. industrial activities. Education, etc
Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
FarahAideed:
The truth is no part of Nigeria is developed till date ..even Lagos which Nigerian like to boast about has 70 percent of it population living on untarred dirt roads, 99 percent have zero access to pipe borne water and and a whooping 70 percent have no access to proper toilets or even toilet ...100 percent have to access to sewage management ... Nigeria is the worst shithole on earth
Lagos was declared 3rd worst megacity in the world.

1 Like

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
FarahAideed:

Even by the lowest standard of development no part of Nigeria is developed , your thread title should have been " which region in Nigeria has the most advanced slum" and ibwoild have answered the SouthWest with its advanced Lagos Slum housing over 20 million poorly educated people

1 Like

Re: Which Zone In Nigeria Is The Most Developed? by toideve(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
Strikethem:
Why are you people so daft, the op ask question and they answet southwest, but because of shame, una start mentioning Lagos. Do they mention Lagos? All they mentioned was southwest. U guys have inferiority complex.

You are the daft person here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Assembly Slams Ikpeazu’s Govt Over ‘Environmental Decay’, Summons ASEPA / Ohanaeze President- General Knelt Down Begging Us To Make Him President- Junaid / Tony Chidi Wanted For Importing 6.5B Worth Of Heroin Spraying Money In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.