Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi (793 Views)

Today I've Lost My Respect For PDP / Rewane: My Respect For Osinbajo Grew After Comment On Crypto Ban / Honestly, IPOB And NNAMDI KANU Has Gained My Respect Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by bbyby01: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mr Peter Obi, the vice presidential candidate of the PDP is a man I have always respected. People keep talking about how he was reeling out fake figures during the debate, I actually understand with him because at that age, it is not easy to cram figures like that. What actually bothered me was his poor grasp of little issues. The man Peter Obi is someone who is perceived to be in intelligent and knowledgeable but his response to some basic issues was highly disappointing and somewhat gave him away as a noisemaker. some of such lapses are itemized
1. When asked about the African continental free trade agreement, if Nigeria should have signed or not, Mr Obi wobbled and said a lot of things which ended up amounting to nothing. It was when Osibanjo spoke on the issue that Peter Obi had an idea of what it was and decided to attack the government about not consulting adequately before going into the agreement. Prof again had to lecture him that the consultations were done before they came into power. (started 2012)
2. After the prof explained why Nigeria didn’t sign the agreement, Obi was trying to argue that goods brought in from china cannot be cheaper than locally manufactured goods. Whattt! Everyone who does buying and selling knows this.
3. Obi tried to cover that up by saying Chinese goods are cheaper because labor is cheap in China. But just like prof told him, it’s not because of the labour, there are several other factors that affect the cost price of good. That is simple JSS 2 business studies. Power is the major problem in our case.
4. On subsidy, while prof was telling us subsidy is necessary because if subsidy is removed, the standard of living will increase and Nigerians will feel the pain. Obi argued that only 2 million Nigerians drive cars hence, Nigerians will not feel such effect. This argument shows obi is disconnected from the larger society. He doesn't know the lifestyle of the ordinary Nigerian.
5. Finally, Obi said you cannot lock up your shop and be chasing criminals. Wrong! Rule number 1 says protect your investment. The criminals in this case are those that have already stolen your goods and you can see them. The right thing to do is to go after them and recover your goods.
On a final note, what I admire about Peter Obi is his ability to keep a straight face while lying. He reminds me of a classmate in secondary school. His lying abilities always saves us from trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by StillX10(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
Zombiefied OP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by FarahAideed: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Another low IQed Buharist .. please see their mentor below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Y18fwd7Tw&feature=youtu.be

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by BafanaBafana: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
Op are you talking about the Chinese man Pit Chan lin Obi?

4 Likes

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by stev120(m): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
*The summary of VP debate between PDP and APC*
You own a supermarket where goods get missing from the shelve on daily bases.. *Solution*
*OBI*~Install modern security gadgets, retrain staff, chip each product, increase sales...
*OSINBANJO*~lock your shop, sit outside with machete, chase away any suspicious looking person. Die of hunger..!!

4 Likes

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by BafanaBafana: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
stev120:

You own a supermarket where goods get missing
from the shelve on daily bases.. *Solution*

*OBI*~Install modern security gadgets, retrain staff,
chip each product, increase sales...

*OSINBANJO*~lock your
shop, sit outside with machete, chase away any
suspicious looking person. Die of hunger..!!
Any suspicious looking person is not a thief. They specifically mentioned the word thief. A thief that has stolen half of your goods.
Now I know why dilector values Jack more than you guys.
Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by phase1: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
Lamentation of a dumb dullharist.
Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by diadem10: 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
stev120:

You own a supermarket where goods get missing
from the shelve on daily bases.. *Solution*

*OBI*~Install modern security gadgets, retrain staff,
chip each product, increase sales...

*OSINBANJO*~lock your
shop, sit outside with machete, chase away any
suspicious looking person. Die of hunger..!!

Lies.
No one alluded to locking shops.

As a matter of fact, Osibanjo ticked all the point of the debate. He talked on the past problems of Pdp looting the economy with little to no infrastructure built, he also talked on what his party is doing by building infrastructures (railways, roads, more power plants etc) as well as completing several PDP abandoned projects, engaging farmers, traders and social workers (npower stuff) and lastly talked on the problems yet to be resolved such as power, refineries, subsidies and he proferred various solutions to them. He was simply excellent.

On the other hand, Peter Obi blamed the sitting government on almost everything and when asked to profer solution to them, he only told us to look at China, Indonesia and all other tripes. That's not to mention how uninformed he was about some other issues such as free trade zone. The other debaters even knew better than him in that dept. What a dunce!

1 Like

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by diadem10: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
bbyby01:
Mr Peter Obi, the vice presidential candidate of the PDP is a man I have always respected. People keep talking about how he was reeling out fake figures during the debate, I actually understand with him because at that age, it is not easy to cram figures like that. What actually bothered me was his poor grasp of little issues. The man Peter Obi is someone who is perceived to be in intelligent and knowledgeable but his response to some basic issues was highly disappointing and somewhat gave him away as a noisemaker. some of such lapses are itemized
1. When asked about the African continental free trade agreement, if Nigeria should have signed or not, Mr Obi wobbled and said a lot of things which ended up amounting to nothing. It was when Osibanjo spoke on the issue that Peter Obi had an idea of what it was and decided to attack the government about not consulting adequately before going into the agreement. Prof again had to lecture him that the consultations were done before they came into power. (started 2012)
2. After the prof explained why Nigeria didn’t sign the agreement, Obi was trying to argue that goods brought in from china cannot be cheaper than locally manufactured goods. Whattt! Everyone who does buying and selling knows this.
3. Obi tried to cover that up by saying Chinese goods are cheaper because labor is cheap in China. But just like prof told him, it’s not because of the labour, there are several other factors that affect the cost price of good. That is simple JSS 2 business studies. Power is the major problem in our case.
4. On subsidy, while prof was telling us subsidy is necessary because if subsidy is removed, the standard of living will increase and Nigerians will feel the pain. Obi argued that only 2 million Nigerians drive cars hence, Nigerians will not feel such effect. This argument shows obi is disconnected from the larger society. He doesn't know the lifestyle of the ordinary Nigerian.
5. Finally, Obi said you cannot lock up your shop and be chasing criminals. Wrong! Rule number 1 says protect your investment. The criminals in this case are those that have already stolen your goods and you can see them. The right thing to do is to go after them and recover your goods.
On a final note, what I admire about Peter Obi is his ability to keep a straight face while lying. He reminds me of a classmate in secondary school. His lying abilities always saves us from trouble.
You dey mind Peter Obi. No solution was proferred by him. My mind simply tuned off everytime he started to rant about China and nonsense. I was like 'what solution do you have in stock or shut the fvck up'.

1 Like

Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by stev120(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
diadem10:

Lies.
No one alluded to locking shops.

As a matter of fact, Osibanjo ticked all the point of the debate. He talked on the past problems of Pdp looting the economy with little to no infrastructure built, he also talked on what his party is doing by building infrastructures (railways, roads, more power plants etc) as well as completing several PDP abandoned projects, engaging farmers, traders and social workers (npower stuff) and lastly talked on the problems yet to be resolved such as power, refineries, subsidies and he proferred various solutions to them. He was simply excellent.

On the other hand, Peter Obi blamed the sitting government on almost everything and when asked to profer solution to them, he only told us to look at China, Indonesia and all other tripes. That's not to mention how uninformed he was about some other issues such as free trade zone. The other debaters even knew better than him in that dept. What a dunce!

blatant lies Osinbajo was talking about the past pdp 16 yrs...the blame games continue. .will pdp blame the military regime..
is pdp a ghost or human call the thiefs name them na ..
obi was show problems in this government and providing solutions without stammering. ..(where exactly why where we were in....)
obi buried Osibanjo with facts and figures...
what Nigeria need is a business man who will turn this country economic and obi is that person. .
Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by diadem10: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2018
stev120:

blatant lies Osinbajo was talking about the past pdp 16 yrs...the blame games continue. .will pdp blame the military regime..
is pdp a ghost or human call the thiefs name them na ..
obi was show problems in this government and providing solutions without stammering. ..(where exactly why where we were in....)
obi buried Osibanjo with facts and figures...
what Nigeria need is a business man who will turn this country economic and obi is that person. .
Your dunce Obi couldn't even define all africa free trade zone. Oops! If it had been China free zone, the dunce would know it. Mr look at China, indonesia. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Vps Debate:my Respect For Peter Obi by stev120(m): 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
diadem10:

Your dunce Obi couldn't even define all africa free trade zone. Oops! If it had been China free zone, the dunce would know it. Mr look at China, indonesia. Yeye dey smell.

see you ..you want him to use sudan and sumalia as examples because you guys don't aim high. .you apc fance want us to continue in this poverty because you have weaponise poverty. .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019 Elections: We’ll Replicate Osun, Ekiti— IGP / 2019: What We’ll Do To Wike, Amaechi – Rivers Elders / Atiku's Main Agenda For Nigeria Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.