Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,543 members, 7,801,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida (11337 Views)

Supreme Court: Nigerians Are The Bigger Losers, Not Me – Atiku / 'If They Like Let Them Vote For Me" - Atiku Says In This Interview / 2019: Go And Settle With Your God, Not Me; Atiku Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by ahmedkoded95(m): 1:29am On Dec 17, 2018
The former governor of Niger state Mr Babangida Aliyu, has said that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar will defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 election if there is no rigging.

Aliyu speaking on Sunday in an interactive session with reporters in Kaduna said: ‘Believe me, not only in my state, I believe that if the elections are free and fair, if there is no rigging, if the security agencies are not used against our party, we will make it. We will win,” he said.

“Atiku will defeat Buhari squarely.

Speaking on the president’s refusal to to sign the electoral act amendment bill, Babangida said : “If the national assembly feels very strongly, they should be able to over-ride the veto,”

‘But if it will create problems for the moment, we can wait. I understand that some of the conditions the president gave was that the electoral act could start with the next election and not this particular one.

‘But I think that we need to be careful under his watch, to make sure that we don’t have any problem with the 2019 elections.

‘In 2015, we understand what happened and everybody rallied round, even though the difference in the votes was not much, given the population of voters in the country.

‘But if the Electoral Act Amendment Bill is not signed by the president and not over ridden by the national assembly, then it means we will use the old law and we will have no basis for asking anybody whether card reader has been used or not.

‘We appeal to the president either to reconsider his position or appeal to the national assembly to look at it again.’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/2019-believe-me-atiku-will-defeat-buhari-squarely-aliyu-babangida/amp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by fashoo2010(m): 1:47am On Dec 17, 2018
Let's see how it will turn out to be...

Millions of Nigerians will be happy if Atiku wins and millions will also be happy if Buhari wins as well...

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 17, 2018
Babangida Aliyu comes off like a traitor to me.

Is he even truly PDP?

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by EricBloodAxe: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Of course the man speaks the truth. Only 3 naira per post zombies and the broom wielding children of poverty will state otherwise. By next year the impostor will be smuggled out of our borders in the midst of cattles when Atiku becomes president.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Blackfire(m): 2:43am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku all the way

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by yarimo(m): 3:18am On Dec 17, 2018
Kikikiki TALBAN minna just try your best this time around and win your poling unit. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku is a loser!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:08am On Dec 17, 2018
Sai Baba....man wey sabi!
Happy birthday Daddy.
We love you to the moon and back!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:10am On Dec 17, 2018
When sane, hardworking and honest Nigerians read the headline...... cheesy grin wink

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Yankee101: 4:14am On Dec 17, 2018
Over squarely

The hunger too much

Plus Peter Obi Economic magic

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by aolawale025: 4:49am On Dec 17, 2018
He's right. Nigerians want a new start. These current ones have failed

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:51am On Dec 17, 2018
What an ugly face

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Kenekingisback: 5:10am On Dec 17, 2018
I agree

1 Like

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by shosky1794: 5:11am On Dec 17, 2018
So many 'if's' in his statement. Deep down he doesn't believe in what he said. The way he responded to the electoral bill issue shows he's been very careful of what he says against Buhari. Seems to me that he doesn't want to incur the wrath of the masses in his state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by BillGoldberg: 5:15am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku I believe will render Buhari impotent in 2019! This same Atiku they call corrupt and all that is same person that was frolicking with APC leadership as early as 7 months ago. As at then, he was not corrupt. But immediately he left to rescue Nigerians, he became corrupt. Buhari is a mistake Nigeria should make sure it never happens again. God willing, Buhari, Aisha, Zahra and Yusuf will enter prison at the right time. Animal government of morrons!

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by GavelSlam: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:
Atiku I believe will render Buhari impotent in 2019! This same Atiku they call corrupt and all that is same person that was frolicking with APC leadership as early as 7 months ago. As at then, he was not corrupt. But immediately he left to rescue Nigerians, he became corrupt. Buhari is a mistake Nigeria should make sure it never happens again. God willing, Buhari, Aisha, Zahra and Yusuf will enter prison at the right time. Animal government of morrons!

Maybe Judas was not corrupt, being one of Jesus' disciples and all.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by helinues: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Life sometimes self

Aliyu Babangida that used to be powerful then

I know how it feels not to be relevant anymore

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2018
AtikuObi..Men wey sabi

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by iamleumas: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Hmm
Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by yjgm(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Believe Talba at your own peril. Hmmmm. Reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by sojayy(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2018
froggy grin
Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by sirLeeem(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2018
Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Omeokachie: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2018
Because people are wiser

Had Buhari not been given the chance, people would still have thought he has something to offer.

Now he has been demystified, which is why people are saying "never again" to such monumental and horrendous incompetence.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Seetto: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2018
See this thief, na d kind people wey go get access to aso rock if atiku win election, bunch of looters, go return all d money wey you steal for Niger state.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by sotall(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by chiedu7: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Atiku had Better, if not Buhari go use Fulani Herdsmen finish person.

Election never end, dem don dey warn up.

https://twitter.com/vanguardngrnews/status/1074483903958798337

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Majlaw(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Ordinary Senate you cannot win and you are here blabbing

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by ZombieTAMER: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Who exactly is Buhari...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by Warship: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
Jubril will lose in the North.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Believe Me Atiku Will Defeat Buhari Squarely – Aliyu Babangida by afroniger: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2018
But you also said same about GEJ defeating Buhari yet he lost. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Responsible For Rise In Suicides In Nigeria - PDP / 2023: Ohanaeze Rejects PDP’s No-Zoning Formula, Insists On Igbo President / Russia Demands Release Of Arrested Sailors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.