Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,605 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React (43839 Views)

Ahmed Kuru In Trouble Over Keystone Bank Acquisition By Father-in-law-TheCapital / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Beware Of Fraudsters / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Learnstuffs: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2018
They are trying to Access the Diamond

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by ZombieTAMER: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2018
post=73912481:
1,2,3,4 comments equals to Nigerians reaction.
It is well!

Oan, Happy birthday to the father of the nation.
Long life and prosperity Daddy.

That terrorist is a certified dullard

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Radiant1020(f): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2018
Nigerians and reactions
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Evercurious(f): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Next to go is FCMB and Unity bank

Who told you? Radio without battery..SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by IbrahimDamola: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2018
Dumbohari don finish the economy. Kai! The dullard must go.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Hoodbilonia: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2018
men na to go transfee mai money shaps
useless access

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by kesonub(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2018
WHo e help
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by JuanDeDios: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
grin

I banked with then before the days of Intercontinental Bank merger but I abandoned my account at Access bank two years ago. I notice that they charge a lot of monies from that account. Other banks charge "Card Maintenance fee" and transfer/withdrawal charges(if you withdraw more than twice on ATM and transfer charges for transfers) but ACCESS BANK deduct more than that even when I allowed the money in their bank to lie fallow.

At A time, if I saved, say N50k, before two monthe, the money will come down to say, N49100. I complained severally in their branch at Port Harcourt and AbJ but they didn't solve the issue. They charged "monthly card maintenance fee", " Transfer charges", SMS charge (to send me alert o)and other hidden charges every month. I had to withdraw my money and leave the ledger balance of N2000. Even till date, they still send me my monthly balance (e go don't be N0.00). Yeye bank!

I hope they won't bring that policy to Diamond Bank.
grin
I experienced something like this with one bank. When I stopped using the account, they continued sending me alerts of deductions. Then the account entered minus-something and they continued! Then one day they realised their folly and stopped. Now, they're calling me to revive the account. Their papa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by MarianaTrench: 8:24am On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Next to go is FCMB and Unity bank

Heritage is worse than these two you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by lizfrosh: 8:24am On Dec 17, 2018
nice development
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by mamaafrik(m): 8:24am On Dec 17, 2018
wow,i used to think Diamond is more healthier nioooo, look can be deceiving,A look at their Environment and security men says otherwise.

7 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by enigma2007(m): 8:25am On Dec 17, 2018
JuanDeDios:

grin
I experienced something like this with one bank. When I stopped using the account, they continued sending me alerts of deductions. Then the account entered minus-something and they continued! Then one day they realised their folly and stopped. Now, they're calling me to revive the account. Their papa.

Diamond did same to me. Deducted my 21k until it got to minus and continued.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by veeberry(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2018
When you put someone whose so attached to women. Dozie had a bar in his office. Uses female staff, married and unmarried. Women on magazines were his choice of women. A man so arrogant yet had several educational qualifications. I pity their shareholders because they have lost everything, yes, banks pay dividends from profits made. What do you think when a bank continued making loss and the acquiring bank do not inherit such unpaid dividends. Its a pity.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2018
I was Happy I had diamond bank o,ignored my access bank account, guess Now I have two killer account where you receive debit alerts like no other. Na to go open account for another bank o

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by jessedaflow: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2018
understanding english is a problem we have in this country, diamond dont want to operate internationaly does it mean its bn sold off or can nt operate nationaly?.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by vicfy(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2018
Damfostopper:
chai I always transfer funds anytime it enters my Access account to Diamond Account because of too much charges by Access bank.......

see diamond Bank.... whether na Access bank buy una or na you sell yourself give Access bank...is not my business.... my Business is that my money dey with una.....make sure my money is safe... ..make I find another bank wey I go transfer my money to... .. I don't want to have anything to do with access abeg

very soon ......i mean very soon now ......power bank will acquire Rekado banks
No be sml charges oh! Me I dey transfer to my First Bank acct sharpally
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by MChaze25(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2018
Once a Nigerian bank starts doing mumu advert up and down, watch that bank closely and if possible take your money out.
Remember Bank PHB's mega adverts?
Lolzzz
The truth here is that most igbo sons don't manage family businesses well.
Instead of maintaining their father's legacy and years of Hard work, they squander on it

10 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Boyooosa(m): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2018
All these banks and their senior bro, CBN are just confusing Nigerians upandan. One moment u ll hear access bank acquires diamond bank, next, u will hear; we relinquish our international operating license to go national. Which one should we believe sef? Is access bank buying uba outrightly the way nb bought 33 and still retain the brand or are they buying una the polaris bought Skye bank outrightly and change their name...which one una dey?
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by sacramento1212: 8:31am On Dec 17, 2018
JuanDeDios:

grin

Na Ecobank been do me that same thing. After i abandoned the account with just #3000. They kept deducting till it was indicating minus meaning to them, i am owing them money since it was a current account. The account became dormant and they started calling me to reactivate. I told them they must return all the monies they collected from me and until that happens, i won't reactivate.

1 month later, i got a credit alert of almost #3,000 from Ecobank and an email from them. I was happy that they have changed but i was wrong. I went to Ajose Adeogun where my account is domiciled to reactivate and also secured their Gold card. Weeks after doing this, Ecobank showed me shegge, they keep removing money from my account like they are angry with me. Infact sometimes they charge twice on a particular transaction.

I am making plans to close that account.

10 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Mursz: 8:32am On Dec 17, 2018
cluewebhost:
So I now have 2 access bank accounts, just like that

I’m telling you o! Just like that 2 Access bank account, long before now i had taken out my small change from diamond after their abysmal horrible service a couple of months ago.

Access has always been my favorite bank so no shaking!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by lastempero: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2018
So Otti was the backbone of that bank.I see cool

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by vicfy(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2018
My Access Acct gives me night mare. For every deposit n withdrawal, they charge certain amt. Even when I don't touch d money, they still charge me. In fact, anytime I wish to withdraw - say N15,000 (if my bal is abt 16k), I'll have to transfer abt 1k/2k from my First Bank Acct cos I know they must've debited me. Ndi Oshi!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Nigerianization(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2018
post=73912481:
1,2,3,4 comments equals to Nigerians reaction.
It is well!

Oan, Happy birthday to the father of the nation.
Long life and prosperity Daddy.

I tire o, as if Nigerians consist of only four or five persons

Anyways on behalf of the wailers, I wish our amiable President a happy birthday, longer life and good health.
Opposition is not madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2018
grin cheesy cool shocked tongue
sacramento1212:

Na Ecobank been do me that same thing. After i abandoned the account with just #3000. They kept deducting till it was indicating minus meaning to them, i am owing them money since it was a current account. The account became dormant and they started calling me to reactivate. I told them they must return all the monies they collected from me and until that happens, i won't reactivate.

1 month later, i got a credit alert of almost #3,000 from Ecobank and an email from them. I was happy that they have changed but i was wrong. I went to Ajose Adeogun where my account is domiciled to reactivate and also secured their Gold card. Weeks after doing this, Ecobank showed me shegge, they keep removing money from my account like they are angry with me. Infact sometimes they charge twice on a particular transaction.

I am making plans to close that account.
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Boyooosa(m): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2018
jessedaflow:
understanding english is a problem we have in this country, diamond dont want to operate internationaly does it mean its bn sold off or can nt operate nationaly?.
On this, the official report is misleading. I read the report and it was so difficult for me to know the true position of things, except if they deny that access bank's involvement is rather a rumour.
How can they report that they want to relicense to national operations and still claim that arrangement has been perfected with access ban as CBN midwifed the transaction?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/breaking-access-bank-acquires-diamond-bank/amp/

Do u want to tell me that access bank does not have international operating license before now or their involvement according to the report is just a rumour?
Its confusing tru tru.
Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2018
Nigerianization:

I tire o, as if Nigerians consist of only four or five persons

Anyways on behalf of the wailers, I wish our amiable President a happy birthday, longer life and good health.
Opposition is not madness
God bless you.
We all want a better Nigeria.
Vote for your Atiku and we vite for our Buhari.
God bless you once again Nigerianization.
It will end in praise bro!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2018
The same experience with this access bank. I left the account for like a year and then in my birthday they sent me a message Andi decided to transfer some money into the account. Guess what , the money couldn't hit the account. Sent them a message they said I had to come to the bank to re activate. ... I told them to deactivate the account and delete it

They have been sending me messages since then. Some day I will find time to go to the bank and formerly ask them to close the dsmn thing. Too many banks to be bother by the indiscretion of one.

JuanDeDios:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by senatrpaichulo(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2018
Damfostopper:
chai I always transfer funds anytime it enters my Access account to Diamond Account because of too much charges by Access bank.......

see diamond Bank.... whether na Access bank buy una or na you sell yourself give Access bank...is not my business.... my Business is that my money dey with una.....make sure my money is safe... ..make I find another bank wey I go transfer my money to... .. I don't want to have anything to do with access abeg

very soon ......i mean very soon now ......power bank will acquire Rekado banks
hahahhahahah cheesy cheesy see as you use your joke uplift my mood this morning grin

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React by Just123: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2018
persius555:
With shares selling at 0.61k, I knew the end was near. Anyways, Nigerian bankers never learn.
Sir can u plz elaborate on this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / FEC Approves Tax Incentives For Dangote / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.