Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket (19456 Views)

Arise Interview: Buhari Evasive, Dodgy, Claimed Our Projects - PDP / Ndigbo Settle For Atiku/Obi Ticket / Lecturers, Students Back Atiku/Obi Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by CityNGR: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2018
Skirmishes:

Because you are a staff of the Guardian right? The news is fake.. I repeat, the governors would dispel this rumours tomorrow.
Other print media carried this news since two weeks ago.. And yet no response or rebuttal from those your so-called govs

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Amumaigwe: 6:07am On Dec 17, 2018
kahal29:
Governors elected on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in South-East geo-political zone have resolved to adopt cautious support for the party’s presidential standard bearer, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

A source close to one of the three PDP governors confided in The Guardian that even before the meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari as part of the members of the National Economic Council (NEC), the governors agreed to take a middle course in the forthcoming presidential election.

The source said: “Part of the resolution of the governors is that they should not make financial commitment to presidential campaign of Atiku/Obi. They also agreed to ensure that there was no joint campaign promotional, especially billboards in their respective states.”

The source stated that the governors’ decision was informed by the need to preserve their political future and avert any adverse response from the ruling party in view of the electoral challenges they face in the hands of candidates from All Progressives Congress (APC) and All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the zone.

He added that some of those who erected goodwill political campaign billboards featuring Atiku/Obi, the governors and other PDP candidates had been told to remove them while the message had gone round that pictures of the governors and the presidential candidates should not be promoted on the same materials.

However, when contacted about the development, the Director-General of South-East Governors’ Forum, Prof. Uche Ortuanya, denied that the governors were aligning towards a political party to achieve zonal integration, stressing that the “political future of the governors and economic integration of the zone are not mutually exclusive.”

He said: “It is not true. It is a wrong perception of what is going on because South-East people tend to look at the Governors’ Forum from a distance and as such do not understand the inner workings of the forum.

“Rather, the economic imperatives require that they come together more than political imperatives. Politics is only limited to the realms of elections and about individual positions. The forum operates as a regional bloc in the realms of the economy.

“Anybody can be in any party and politics is only limited to parties. We have three PDP governors, one each from APC and APGA. There is no justifiable premise for that imputation.” They can still survive politically and the zone would grow.”

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/south-east-governors-plan-evasive-tactics-for-atiku-peter-obi-ticket/

These paid APC Lagos/Ibadam expressway media houses are just frustrated that SE PDP is not making their financial contributions to the presidential campaigns public. Their blackmail will never work. Nobody is ready to give EFCC attack dogs cheap amminitons to harrass this mounting opposition.

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by shosky1794: 6:08am On Dec 17, 2018
But seriously there's been so much quietness from the South-Eastern governors regarding Atiku's candidacy. Even the outspoken Ekweremandu is somewhat silent.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by idioticpmb: 6:09am On Dec 17, 2018
PassingShot:
If I were any of them, I would act same way and manner.

Atiku's candidacy is doomed for crash right from the word go; and every sane person should know this.

No need to talk too much but as I've said on many occasions here, PMB will have won the election by 12 noon on feBuhari 16.

Atiku will not get 40% of the votes in Adamawa and won't get 30% in the entire North. The governors are in better position than you and I to know this and it will be sheer idiocy for them to invest their state's and personal resources in a FAILED PROJECT.

Think!
A typical Zon.b like you will fail to see that the report is totally false. Anyway, keep fooling your generation.

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by GavelSlam: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2018
Before Atiku throws in the towel he should spend some of his ill gotten wealth.

Boys must chop.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Afamed: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2018
Amumaigwe:

These paid APC Lagos/Ibadam expressway media houses are just frustrated that SE PDP is not making their financial contributions to the presidential campaigns public. Their blackmail will never work. Nobody is ready to give EFCC attack dogs cheap amminitons to harrass this mounting opposition.
Keep quiet, if the news was about herdsmen killing or Bokoharam attacks. Your group would have been praising Guardian by now. Children of hate

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by oweman: 6:12am On Dec 17, 2018
How about the directive from IPOB for all ibo's to boyoth the 2019 elections i think the south east people should stand by that directive ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by contigiency(m): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2018
No wonder the only bill board I have seen in ebonyi and enugu states is that of buhari, I haven't seen any single poster or bill board of Atiku in of the states despite being PDP controled states.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Isobug: 6:15am On Dec 17, 2018
This is politics..... deceiving statements,deceiving actions and deceiving tools(bill boards, posters, handbills etc) are considered propagandas

Remember that these same Southeastern Governors were the ones that coarced their states delegates to vote for Atiku at the convention ground in PH against the plan of Wike and cohorts.... Use your brains

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Peacemaker5128: 6:34am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Who are your Igbo brethren? Take that rubbish and get out of here! Fake friends and people everywhere. Igbos have suddenly become your brethren because it suits your narrative to deceive people and get this useless man Buhari back in Aso rock. But we are wiser now. Vote Buhari all you want.
[b]
7 Igbo states are locked down for Atiku. Block votes gan gan!
[/b]

THIS IS FAKE NEWS BY THE WAY!
7states what? Is your head paining you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by seunH: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2018
Isobug:
This is politics..... deceiving statements,deceiving actions and deceiving tools(bill boards, posters, handbills etc) are considered propagandas

Remember that these same Southeastern Governors were the ones that coarced their states delegates to vote for Atiku at the convention ground in PH against the plan of Wike and cohorts.... Use your brains
That was after Atiku tricked them by promising each of them the VP slot !!!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Princedapace(m): 6:48am On Dec 17, 2018
Yankee101:
The people nko?

Dem no fit stop Nnamdi Kalu na Obi & Atiku una wan stop?

I actually dislike the lack of unity amongst Igbos. Imagine the infighting if Biafra happens

i am sick and tired of this nonsense talk of lack of unity among igbos...

Hey, is Obanjor supporting Osinbajo in this election? Or are all northern politicians supporting Buhari? Pls, make una leave igbos alone. Politicians talk to sound politically correct. What a politician will do, u dont know.

And most of them react like this due to the too much power vested on the president of this country. Like someone said, the presidential system no favour this democracy since the president is given too much powers by the constitution. Nigeria president remains one of the most powerful via constitution globally.

2 Likes

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Ogaga87(m): 6:50am On Dec 17, 2018
I only wish Nigerians could understand what it means to have their destiny in their hands and not giving these crooks the avenue to determine where their future would be in the next four years..
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by quickberry3(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Who are your Igbo brethren? Take that rubbish and get out of here! Fake friends and people everywhere. Igbos have suddenly become your brethren because it suits your narrative to deceive people and get this useless man Buhari back in Aso rock. But we are wiser now. Vote Buhari all you want.

List the 7 igbo states....last time I checked, there were 5 igbo states
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Isobug: 7:09am On Dec 17, 2018
seunH:

That was after Atiku tricked them by promising each of them the VP slot !!!!!!!
Your reasoning though
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by IbrahimDamola: 7:23am On Dec 17, 2018
Oh...We Yoruba Muslims jump for joy and proclaim the IBO governors greater than Awolowo. They are patriots. Our Skulls rejoice and is glad in him.

grin

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by CoolAmbience(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Story of my life. Igbos are 100% in support of Atiku! We voted against Buhari in 2015 and we will vote against him again come 2019. You know why? Buhari was an imbeccile prior 2015 and became a worse imbeccile post 2015! We do not need any presidency come 2023 as far as it is from Buhari. Nothing good can ever come out of an accursed and cursed fellow from birth like Buhari. We Igbos won't even mind mortgaging our turn to run for Presidency by 2023 all to make sure the Northerners remain in Power! Who presidency help? Shey Yorubas think they have sense? Lets see a Yoruba man then compete agains a Northerner and see how he wins!

Keeping lying to yourself.

Igbos can't be 100% for Atiku. You should be talking of 40 - 60% if you are to be objective at all.

I am igbo and I know hundreds of others that won't even say Aaa, let alone TIKU.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by CoolAmbience(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2018
TRUSTEDGUY:

IT IS A SHAME THAT PETER OBI BROTHERS WANT TO BETRAY HIM

PLEASE LIKE FOR OBI

Betray Obi? How?

Is it the same Obi and PDP that came a shameful, distant third in the last Anambra elections? The same state Obi governed for 8 years. You guys really amuse me.

Wait...didn't Obi betray APGA and Anambra people when he moved to PDP immediately after being governor for 8 years under APGA? Could Obi have been governor without APGA?

The wey una dey hype dis Obi sef! Abi Anambra man, I should know better.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2018
How many times have we said this already? What is new here? Most Politician know Atiku and Obigotry don't stand a chance against PMB and Osinbajo.

If you are a Governor facing election, why spend your linited income on a doomed ticket when you have your own pending battle to fight especially because gubernatorial election will come after PMB has won and can move against any candidate that was hostile to his bid?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by biafranrealson: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Yoruba Muslims journalists and their divide them strategy will never work
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Okoyeebos: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Amumaigwe:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by globemoney01: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Betray Obi? How?

Is it the same Obi and PDP that came a shameful, distant third in the last Anambra elections? The same state Obi governed for 8 years. You guys really amuse me.

Wait...didn't Obi betray APGA and Anambra people when he moved to PDP immediately after being governor for 8 years under APGA? Could Obi have been governor without APGA?

The Peter Obi hype is sponsored by Obi himself but after he loses in 2019 he will be consigned to retirement

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

It is not fake news . It is common and factual sense. Since our democracry began, the PDP has proven itself to be distinctly lacking in electoral innovation. The Party only excelled at using State instrument, like the NPF, army and INEC, to rig as we saw Fayose, Obanikoro and Army top brass officers doing in the Ekiti saga.

Minus this federal might, most cannot afford to risk supporting Atiku financially or physically. They are mentallly defeated over any chance of ruling at the centre and only want to face their own local battle for survival. PDP leaders are cowards and don't do opposition politics well like Tinubu who led ACN or Buhari who led CPC. That is the truth. Take it or leave it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Okoyeebos: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2018
quickberry3:

List the 7 igbo states....last time I checked, there were 5 igbo states

He's throwing made in China statistics like Obi.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2018
CityNGR:
Politics of appeasement. And Igbo people on Nairaland want Yoruba to leave Osinbajo to support Obi... I say kolewerk.

Which Igbo people biko?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by capitalzero: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2018
2019 election is a chess game between apc and pdp. less money will be spent on campaigns. inec staff , collation officers, security personnels and lawyers will feed fat from this election. highest bidders will win the election.
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Warship: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2018
Let's be honest about this issue.

The Governors are angry that none of them was picked and because if Atiku wins, he will most likely handover to Obi after 8years, the Governors consider it wise to work with Buhari against Atiku.

The unfortunate thing for the Governors is the fact that, if Igbos within and outside SE/SS vote for Atiku, their plan will definitely fail and the Governors will go into oblivion after 2019.

In The End, It Is The Igbo electorates and not elites that have the majority votes and definitely will cast their votes for Atiku
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Yyeske(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Betray Obi? How?

You dey mind dem? Obi left APGA for PDP and made sure all the senators and almost all the house of rep members elected in 2015 were PDP, he wanted to destroy APGA then but God pass am. That was why he was humiliated in the last guber election and would be humiliated next year.
Remember that Obiano has already endorsed Buhari.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by quickberry3(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
Okoyeebos:

He's throwing made in China statistics like Obi.

Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by nonsobaba: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
globemoney01:

The Peter Obi hype is sponsored by Obi himself but after he loses in 2019 he will be consigned to retirement
Peter Obi's greatest fears, which will turn out to become his greatest disappointments, are

1) Ngige becoming a senator and a federal minister while he failed to hold any federal post

2) Obiano also completing 8 years as governor while he watches from the sidelines as a political retiree

Obi's desire to be the politician with the most political achievements from Anambra state will become a mirage and it go pain am well well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by CoolAmbience(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2018
Yyeske:
You dey mind dem? Obi left APGA for PDP and made sure all the senators and almost all the house of rep members elected in 2015 were PDP, he wanted to destroy APGA then but God pass am. That was why he was humiliated in the last guber election and would be humiliated next year.
Remember that Obiano has already endorsed Buhari.

Bro, leave dem make dem dey sleep on top bike.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Bye-Elections: Police Declare Restriction Order, Sue For Peaceful Conduct / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo / 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.