Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues (13632 Views)

US Journalist Detained At World Cup Stadium Over LGBTQ Shirt / Lady Frees Couple Tied Together With Candle Statues / New Loan Scam Called "Global Loan Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by ebusnwaoma: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2018
US Journalist Shaun King, has called out a British Museum over plans to loan Nigeria bronze statues they stole from old Benin empire.

Recall that it was reported that while other countries, like Greece over the Elgin Marbles, have refused to accept anything other than a permanent return of treasures seized during the colonial era, some Nigerian officials expressed willingness to settle for borrowing back what was stolen from them. Two hundred of the Benin Bronzes were taken to the British Museum, although some items have also gone to museums in Oxford and Cambridge, and others have ended up in institutions all over Europe and the US.

However reacting to this, US Journalist Shaun King wrote on Instagram;

https://lailasnews.com/us-journalist-shaun-king-slams-british-museum-over-plans-to-loan-nigeria-stolen-bronze-statues/

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Jbleenk: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2018
The bastards

Modified:

The brits are leech who profit from plight they brought on others. How they shamelessly keep hold of treasures they STOLE from other nations is amazing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by yjgm(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2018
Hmmmm. God will punish the thieves and wicked ones.

6 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2018
TAKE IT BACK!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by stigmond(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2018
No be today things!!!

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2018
Wetin Nigeria wan use statue do again undecided

abi se iyen lo kan bayi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by afroniger: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
They should go ahead with the stolen 'Loan' that will surely never be repaid. No be dem thief am in the first place?

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by abdulaz: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
You see why we dey see all Whites as potential clients?

How you go steal something from me I go come dey beg you to loan am to me.
If this is not the highest level of advance fee fraud, then I don’t know what to call it.

They can keep the statues for all I care.

400 years of slavery, dem never pay finish Na.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Bigajeff(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
This a day light robbery, Scam, Yahoo Yahoo! You can add more to qualify it
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by hisgrace090: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2018
Thank you Mr Shaun king for speaking out against injustice.

8 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Fash20: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Shameless museum... I think its time for these artifact thieves to return these artifacts to where they were stolen from.

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by bigtt76(f): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Not be wen we return am back? cheesy
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Rubbish I hate Brits and Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Ironmaiden(f): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Can you imagine. Someone stole something from you and you go and be begging them to lend that thing to you, knowing fully well it belongs to you. Shaking my head for the people of this country.

Learn digital marketing skills today and make money online. Click here for details

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2018
Benin Witchcraft Old Empire
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by jendhorlee(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
our ancestors are to be blamed, they probably sold these bronzes in exchange for mirrors and perfume

6 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by DLondonboiy: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
cool
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by scopusng(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
The terrorist buhari would rather have them loan back to us. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by ahmadeen66: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Trustee1: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
Gariki:
cool nobi Small things oo

1 million views in 24hrs! Ever wonder
how or if truths or possible that Davido and other celebrities do hack users to rank millions views in 24hrs? Yes it’s true and very possible.. 100%
The news of How Davido buy or pay digital marketing guru to make his music WONDERWOMAN YouTube video rank 1milion views in 24hrs trended on internet recently.
Some people believes but 60 percent people don’t. Anyway I’m not here to disputed if truth or not about his own but I just want let everyone know that it’s possible because I know and have knowledge and have the tools that works it
If you believe all that fantasy life of celebrity is 100% then you must be gullible!
Don’t you wonder how you do get Whatsapp messages from a stranger before?
Permit me to introduce to you Whatsapp marketing machine WMM.
We are digital marketing guru that’s work ahead of others and we are nigeria but work like the west.. that’s we work the work before the talk and payment we don’t take upfront payment we deliver your work and you pay us.
:You are trying to get your product recognition
:You an artist trying or paying bloggers to promote your song
:Content creator who want quick views in YouTube
We are the people behind those contents that goes viral in Whatsapp within 24hrs
We have a tools that we use to reach upto 1million Whatsapp user in 24hrs and we have half of Nigeria Whatsapp subscribers or let say I have almost all the Whatsapp users in our database which we can blast your content within 24hrs,
All our subscribers are well arranged by location and profile, so we can send your content by targeted customers.
If you an artist look no further let’s put your content on the people’s phone you will be trending 24hrs
The popularity and fame your seek is here!
Sorry to disappoint you Mr scammer, I don't get any fu*king messages from strangers! Try something else.

2 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Opharhe: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
It's unacceptable! Period!

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Tattooboy: 8:04am On Dec 17, 2018
They should please borrow us. We aint returning sh*t.

1 Like

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by jeroba1(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2018
British, no be better people.na dem be our problem.

2 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by ifex370(m): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2018
They should simply meet Roachas okorocha
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Houseofglam7(f): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2018
That's how pathetic the maggot in chief of the armed forces has made Nigeria look in the eyes of the world.
FYI,I ain't Nigerian
I love Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by desmond2pk: 8:06am On Dec 17, 2018
But it doesn't have value with us.

2 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by NaijaYahooBoy: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
I hope they bleed in due time
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by olenyi: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
We don't have strong "institutions". angry
Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Bini kingdom. Very strong and ancestral

2 Likes

Re: US Journalist Slams British Museum Over Plans To Loan Nigeria Stolen Statues by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:16am On Dec 17, 2018
See?

And we keep worshipping these whites like they're the standard for transparency, integrity and nobleness undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site / Man, 30, Arrested For Defiling 6-yr-old / Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.