Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) (9945 Views)

Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership / 2015: Obasanjo Calls For Leadership Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

They already have kids touring Alausa, they have One Day Governors and One Day commissioners, they have tons of programs designed to expose kids to leadership and administration. This is obviously an extension of the state's efforts and drive to expose and invest public school kids and if I might add, these are public school kids, not private.

The benefits and experience for the kids and the state goes beyond classroom training. How do you survive as a nation with unexposed kids with limited knowledge of the outside world?

The need to criticize anything and everything makes you sound irrationally silly and shortsighted.

Are you people not tired of the unexposed and global illiterate mallams and local isi ewu people rulling you?

Outside World? It is wisdom to know yourself first.

How many of those kids know about leather tanning in Naraguta? How many have been to the highest point in Nigeria (Shere hills)? How many know where the Oba of Lagos palace is, talkless of visiting? How many know about the brass works in Bida? How many have seen the walls around Kano or the moat around Benin City? How many of those kids have visited the area where the amazing Igbo-Ukwu artworks were dug up?

You don't produce leaders by creating empty heads with no sense of self worth. It is pretty basic that any leadership training of Nigerian kids MUST be done in Nigeria.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am sorry, did I miss something? Did those kids embezzle funds to go on this trip? No one learns everything by just staying at home. Why do municipal cities in the Western world send officials to other cities half way around the world to learn?

You don't know where I got my education, so you are not at liberty to comment about it. I am always in support of external education; so i will support this. The kids are going to profit from this and that is what matters.

This is how some of us are wired, like so many good things, it is good for the rest of the world, but never for Nigerian and Nigerians. This is why we have shallow thinking and visionless people and leaders in Nigeria, they just don't know how to aim high in life.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Katsumoto: 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
Some individuals typically assume that others should not get the benefits of programs and initiatives that they were not exposed to. Why don't all Nigerian kids go to Nigerian schools? Why are Nigerians sending their kids to schools in the US, UK, and even Ghana? Because they believe that the quality is better outside. Please stop hating; those kids are not Fashola's kids. Next time, it will be the turn of other kids.

At the Beijing olympics, there were in excess of 400 Nigerian civil servants/senators and their girlfriends/wives yet not one was in the stadium when the Nigerian athletes marched past dignitaries. How much was spent on such a wasteful exercise?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

Outside World? It is wisdom to know yourself first.

How many of those kids know about leather tanning in Naraguta? How many have been to the highest point in Nigeria (Shere hills)? How many know where the Oba of Lagos palace is, talkless of visiting? How many know about the brass works in Bida? How many have seen the walls around Kano or the moat around Benin City? How many of those kids have visited the area where the amazing Igbo-Ukwu artworks were dug up?

You don't produce leaders by creating empty heads with no sense of self worth. It is pretty basic that any leadership training of Nigerian kids MUST be done in Nigeria.

And you think they don't know themselves because they are  being  exposed to the outside world? Do you even read the crazy stuff you type before hitting reply?

And how do you know they haven't been to some of the places you mention and what's this tourism BS got to do with anything?

The rest of your post is nothing bit apples and oranges with crude and backward reasoning so I'll gladly ignore,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by tpiah: 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
crude and backward reasoning

that's it in a nutshell.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

And you think they don't know themselves because they are  being  exposed to the outside world? Do you even read the crazy stuff you type before hitting reply?

And the rest of your post is nothing bit apples and oranges with crude and backward reasoning so I'll gladly ignore,

What makes you think I posted for your benefit? Bloody Lastma official.
You don't even know the ethnicities in your own state, talkless of knowing if the kids know themselves. You're just here to lick arse. grin grin grin
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

You don't even know the ethnicities in your own state, talkless of knowing if the kids know themselves. You're just here to lick arse. grin grin grin

No need to drag this thread down to your usual useless level of absurdities, I'm not going down that road with you,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Ofemmanu: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

Typical and redundant. Though shall not feed the village troll.

Senila old fool. You are here sprouting trash just to secure your daily Agbero job.

I hope ur boss would also jet you out for international mental rehabilitation.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

Some individuals typically assume that others should not get the benefits of programs and initiatives that they were not exposed to. Why don't all Nigerian kids go to Nigerian schools? [b]Why are Nigerians sending their kids to schools in the US, UK, ? .  those kids are not Fashola's kids. .

You are missing one thing though. These individuals are acting in a strictly private capacity. As a free country they have a right to get their kids educated wheresoever and howsoever they choose.

In this case we are talking about using public funds for what is basically a jamboree
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

No need to drag this thread down to your usual useless level of absurdities, I'm not going down that road with you,

You really have an inflated opinion of yourself. But, you're just here to lick arse like a Lastma official ain't you?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
tensor777:

You are missing one thing though. These individuals are acting in a strictly private capacity. As a free country they have a right to get their kids educated wheresoever they choose.
In this case we are talking about using public funds for what is basically a jamboree

Educating public school kids with public funds is a jamboree? Abeg try make sense for a change,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Ofemmanu: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

You don't have to castigate the fool, spreading nonsense propaganda is one of his duties as LASTMA agbero.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Katsumoto: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
tensor777:

You are missing one thing though. These individuals are acting in a strictly private capacity. As a free country they have a right to get their kids educated wheresoever and howsoever they choose.

Jamboree to you, education to others. Have you seen the HSBC adverts running in Europe? There are always different points of view. Some kids are going to be exposed to a new and different culture.

Are there not many govts around the world that use govt funds to send kids to the best schools in the world to get an education?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
Great Idea, actually.

But why S.A ?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

Jamboree to you, education to others. Have you seen the HSBC adverts running in Europe? There are always different points of view. Some kids are going to be exposed to a new and different culture.

There are hundreds of new and different cultures for them to be exposed to in Nigeria.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

Educating public school kids with public funds is a jamboree? Abeg try make sense for a change,

Now that is a clever but underhand way of trying to get the better of your opponent. cool No the issue is the trip to South Africa not the leadership training which is all well and good.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

There are hundreds of new and different cultures for them to be exposed to in Nigeria.

They get exposed to the same different cultures every time they walk trough their school gates and obviously, the 42 kids represent every corner of Nigeria. Find a better argument,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
Beaf:

Ain't that the truth . . .
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Katsumoto: 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
tensor777:

Now that is a clever but underhand way of  trying to get the better of your opponent. cool No the issue is the trip to South Africa  not the leadership training which is all well and good.

If it is such an unreasonable expense to send kids outside your own country, why do so many govts do it even though there may be a decent number of training schools in their own country? There are a number of good schools in the US, why are there Americans in European schools? Also why do American and european schools partake in exchange programs? Why don't the students stay in their respective countries, afterall, there are decent schools in their countries?
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2010
Responding to questions from newsmen, the Speaker of the Parliament, Hon. Emmanuel Abono, expressed pride and joy "for this privilege to go out of the country to see what is happening in other countries and to gain more knowledge in order to make positive change for the better when I come back".

So S.A is now an epitome of "positivity" for Nigeria?

Apartheid-filled S.A? Crime-Filled S.A? Retard-Bath-Water-Cures-Aids-Mentality S.A? Abegi. . . .

Why dont they stop wasting Lagos money, just sit their azz in Nigeria, travel across NIgeria and try to understand how to stop their theivingg politicians?

If you ask me. . . . Nigeria is the best place to learn all they need to learn.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2010
tensor777:

Now that is a clever but underhand way of  trying to get the better of your opponent. cool No the issue is the trip to South Africa  not the leadership training which is all well and good.

The fact is, it doesn't matter were they send the kids, some people are wired to complain and criticize everything and they'll complain regardless. There's a lot of sociopaths on NL, they don't see any good in themselves and other people.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

If it is such an unreasonable expense to send kids outside your own country, why do so many govts do it even though there may be a decent number of training schools in their own country? There are a number of good schools in the US, why are there Americans in European schools? Also why do American and european schools partake in exchange programs? Why don't the students stay in their respective countries, afterall, there are decent schools in their countries?

Are these exchange programs(travel included) at the expense of the STATE or the individuals signing up for the program? Last time I remember, I had to foot the bill myself. All the state did was connect me with information on the right school and contact for the program. I had to pay my way on my own . . . only some PRIVATE scholarships available for most all of these programs.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Beaf: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

They get exposed to the same different cultures every time they walk trough their school gates and obviously, the 42 kids represent every corner of Nigeria. Find a better argument,  

If you have ever travelled the country, you would know the above is a lie.
Even more than that, seeing a man from Kano does not mean you have been to the Kano Museum. Have you ever seen the building or been in it? It is a marvel.
How many of them have seen the stone monolithes in Calabar? How do they experience these things just by saying hello to one another?
--scratches head--
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by nobaga: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Leadership focrage in South Africa, abi? Admission that there is no leadership in Nigeria.

This we must do foreign contract to take as much money as possible out of Nigeria will kill us. This Fashola self na real mumu as them tok.

By the time im bankrupt Lagos State, they will all move to Iragbiji with Yekini Amoda Ogunlere. Yeye de boom.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by AloyEmeka8: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are these exchange programs(travel included) at the expense of the STATE or the individuals signing up for the program?

Ask them o. Fashola used money budgeted for the education of thousands of kids to do owambe for 42 kids and his apologists are here going rogue for him. E go better.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

The fact is, it doesn't matter were they send the kids, some people are wired to complain and criticize everything and they'll complain regardless. There's a lot of sociopaths on NL, they don't see any good in themselves and other people.

Well I have to say you have a point there. But you as a government official should know that the critics ain't going anywhere, anytime soon. To be criticised is part and parcel of being in power.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So S.A is now an epitome of "positivity" for Nigeria?

Apartheid-filled S.A? Crime-Filled S.A? Retard-Bath-Water-Cures-Aids-Mentality S.A? Abegi. . . .

Why dont they stop wasting Lagos money, just sit their azz in Nigeria, travel across NIgeria and try to understand how to stop their theivingg politicians?

If you ask me. . . . Nigeria is the best place to learn all they need to learn.

It doesn't matter where they send them or what the state does, people go still complain,

This is leadership training in Nigeria by the state and the Governor himself and people still complained and criticize, some of these people are just sadists,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=486383.msg6458085#msg6458085
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
If this had been news of an Ibo State Governor sending the kids out or involved in this, this same person will DEFINITELY complain oooo . . yet he is quick to accuse others of being complainers.

I bet he would be offering up the same argument @beaf is right now too . .  lol

tribal and political my foot . . LMAO!!

ROFLMAO!
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
tensor777:

Well I have to say you have a point there. But you as a government official should know that the critics ain't going anywhere, anytime soon. To be criticised is part and parcel of being in power.

Sure, people have every right to criticize, same way people have every right to defend their positions.

Criticizing is one thing, being irrational and criticizing for all the stupid, tribal and dumbest reasons in the world is another.

This was done at home in Nigeria and they did the same thing.

This has noting to do with the kids or genuine concern for Lagos state. It's mostly tribal and political,
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
babapupa:

It doesn't matter where they send them or what the state does, people go still complain,

This is leadership training in Nigeria by the state and the Governor himself and people still complained and criticize, some of these people are just sadists,

Th source you provided does not show anybody complaining about this program. . . . and who is complaining on THIS current thread?

It's a GREAT idea. . . . but why waste money to learn about what you can in your own country? What "Positivity" does S.A or any other African country Govt have that can be taught to these children?

Honestly question to YOU: What govt policy does S.A have that can help Nigeria's Govt?
The purpose of this program is for the Nigerian Youths to learn about politics, to learn FROM current politicians so that they can be better educated about the policies of Governance.

ANYWAZ. . . . You've yet to answer KoboJ's question. I'll like the answer to this myself.

Kobojunkie:

Are these exchange programs(travel included) at the expense of the STATE or the individuals signing up for the program? Last time I remember, I had to foot the bill myself. All the state did was connect me with information on the right school and contact for the program. I had to pay my way on my own . . . only some PRIVATE scholarships available for most all of these programs.
Re: 42 Students From Lagos Jet Out For Leadership Training In South Africa. (pics) by babapupa: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If the tables were turned and this was an Ibo State Governor sending the kids out or involved in this, this same person will DEFINITELY complain oooo . . yet he is quick to accuse of  complaining.

I bet he would be offering up the same argument @beaf is right now too . .  lol

ROFLMAO!

Don't you have to at least first show me any Ibo state or any other governor with similar programs for kids including opening the governor's, and commissioners offices to kids? How many governors are letting kids take over their seat for one day and participate in council and executive meetings?

Do I even care what some other state is doing or not doing? Aneg keep quit sometimes,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister / ABIA STATE #abia Anthem And What Each Item In The New Abia Logo Represents / Governor Akeredolu Tests Negative For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.