Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 AM

15 Tips For Your First Day At Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work (8765 Views)

Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / 3 Key Uses Of Microsoft Excel At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by guideempire: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Perhaps, The first day at work is often the same as your first day at school. It is not a day to be panic or confused. In fact, there is a reason for these mixed feelings. It is your effort and worries to fit well into the slot. Being anxious about this fitting often leads to tense. The only difference between school and work is your improvised nature of professionalism. You need to display more of your professionalism at work. You cannot predict what it could be on the first day at work, but you can be well prepared. This preparedness in advance can land you into the best impression. Let us see some of the useful tips on this context:
1. Getting an early night can help you to attend at sharp to your first day at work. Besides being sharp at work, it is imperative not to be shy too. Try to display your confident nature by reaching early to the office. Also, make it a point to stay late on the initial days of the work too.

2. The appropriate dressing should be your important next tip in this context. Your proper dressing means that you prepared to represent your company with a positive image. Dress often brings the first impression and makes it sure that you will be good at it.

3. You might be performed well at job screening interviews to secure this position. Now, still, you need come up with your elevator pitch on the first workday. Come with a short pitch that tells everything about you. This could help you engage well with your co-workers by making them come up with some professional questions. Establishing the first conversation about you can help you translate the ambience into your favour.

4. Politics are everywhere and workplace not exemption here. It is important for you to understand and judge the social landscape of your new office. Succeeding and excelling well in your work will be seamless when you get along quite well with your co-workers. This should be added with understanding positional hierarchy too. So, in this aspect, you need to ask co-workers’ names and designations too. This will create clarity to the certain extent about getting along with others at the office.

5. You were hired to play a certain role. So, understand well your requirement in the workplace as quickly as possible. This shows your attentiveness as well as your professionalism. This is a very important impression that you should achieve.

6. The first day at any new place deserves serene observation. You should observe all around. Try to understand, how things taking place like decision making and some more. This kind of observation will help you perform well down the line.

7. It is important on the first day to obtain invaluable insights. Try to talk with peers. This is mainly to establish trust and loyalty. Your path towards effective working can be started from this aspect.

8. It is essential to show your enthusiasm on the first day. In fact, your first day is an opportunity to ask for help as well for pushing questions. When you joined newly, everyone come forward to say something or to offer help. This should be used wisely. Ask questions about your role and do not forget to take note of everything that was told by others. This will create a best first impression for you besides displaying well your enthusiasm to start working.

9. The first day may bizarre or confusing for many. But, it is always the good thing to acquire one or two small wins. Do not jump to solve big problems. Try focusing on small issues those are your strength. Completing and delivering these small wins can stand the best impression achieving steps for you at the new office. Importantly, these small wins can boost well your confidence levels too.

10. It is important for you to convey well your passions to your co-workers at new office. Talking about your interests and values during your introduction with others can establish serene image for you. It tells to all that your career plan is strongly connected well with your values and passions.

11. The job is offered to you by expecting something in return. It is important for you to know what the organization and other co-workers need from you. By understanding this on the first day can help you plan well your working.

12. Do not forget to arrange and bring your entire essentials those are requiring for your work. For example, glasses are must for you, then do not forget them at any cost. It is same with other essentials.

13. It is important for you to be with presence of mind. This is mainly about, how you respond with others. Your presence of mind is all about respond in the similar way other is. For example, someone is witty, then you need to answer witty too.

14. Try to be helpful to others. You need to be little more talkative than what you usually are. This is your first day. You need to learn and understand a lot. Talking is the only way to understand others. Once you understood others, then you will know easily, how to be friendly and helpful

15. Try staying late on your first day at work. You may use it wisely. Compose some thank-you mail. Send this mail to all those helped and interacted with you by staying late.

Tips are always helpful. There is some more additional thing. It is very common to be tensed on your first day. Being tensed is good actually. When we’re tensed, our body releases cortisol hormone. This hormone releases the extra power in order to cope up well against the tension causing the situation. It means you will get more extra energy from your body. Use this

[url]https://www.guideempire.com/15-tips-for-your-first-day-at-work/
[/url]

6 Likes

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by lonelydora: 7:21am On Dec 18, 2018
As you resume on the first day, start planning your exit from day 1.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by ibori1(m): 7:21am On Dec 18, 2018
Germany
worfburgs to win..
Scotland
Aberdeen to win
.free for u
quote me after the game
(and as well drop ur contact for addup

3 Likes

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 18, 2018
The very first day is always apprehensive

1 Like

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by slawomir: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2018
Isoright
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by fadai4all(m): 7:24am On Dec 18, 2018
I am telling you if anybody put these tips in to trial will not have problem first day at work.
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Fitz22(f): 7:27am On Dec 18, 2018
Good, the talking part though undecided
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by loomer: 7:27am On Dec 18, 2018
Just go there, do ya work and get out
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Cumtroller: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2018
16. If your boss or employer is an Afonja, fortify yourself spiritually. Your destiny is at stake...

3 Likes

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2018
Remember
A job is a short term solution to a long term problem

J- just
O- over
B- broke

Rich dad, Poor dad!

1 Like

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by talk2hb1(m): 8:45am On Dec 18, 2018
Today is my Fifth Day at Work and I am already playing with my Boss Beautiful Daughter undecided
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by theunnamed: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2018
ibori1:
Germany
worfburgs to win..
Scotland
Aberdeen to win
.free for u
quote me after the game
(and as well drop ur contact for addup

How can I trust you with that your monicker? grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Emerald94(f): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2018
talk2hb1:
Today is my Fifth Day at Work and I am already playing with my Boss Beautiful Daughter undecided

your village people right now

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by TomiSwag(m): 10:12am On Dec 18, 2018
lonelydora:
As you resume on the first day, start planning your exit from day 1.

the second quote...I must say is 100% true.
I have been favoured to work with sane line manager.

I grew so fast, I was HoD within 18months.

1 Like

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by ibori1(m): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2018
theunnamed:

smile
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by talk2hb1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Emerald94:

your village people right now
Na Lie,
I just kissed her before going on launch break
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by ibori1(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
theunnamed:

hope u can trust me now if u want to win

Thomas

1 Like

Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by Hahjascho(m): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2018
Nice
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by theunnamed: 7:26am On Dec 19, 2018
ibori1:

hope u can trust me now if u want to win

Thomas

Aya, gimme whatsapp control
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by ibori1(m): 7:46am On Dec 19, 2018
theunnamed:

Aya, gimme whatsapp control

drop urs let me add u up
Re: 15 Tips For Your First Day At Work by ibori1(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2018
0808****558***38***98

(1) (Reply)

3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career / Not All Roles Are Advertised: The Importance Of Speculative Applications / How To Prepare For Ican Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.