Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,949 members, 7,803,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints Here - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (113772 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ElRazur: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
Jarus:

His question here was not sending him emails, but claiming I got his email thru NL mod privilege. That was what I clarified. of course, he has the right to tell me not to send him email, but to lie about the source, I wont take.

It is clear to see that he complained about your tone of email which he described as threatening. Are you man enough to apologise for the distress you caused him? Are you?. . . May be not.

I can see you're still writhing in pain for your non-inclusion in my list of 50 MEN THAT SHOOK NL 2005-2010. Don't worry, we will give you a look next time wink
But it may interest you that awards/ranking/rating is not by any means a childish thing. Even a publication as reputable as TIME magazine gives award as Man of the year etc. Top 10, Person of the Year, and other forms of ranking/awards is done everywhere. Socome up with another argument

Now, you really are coming across as thick. This is not about me receiving nomination, but the fact that these award-thread bears no relation whatsoever to politics section. Like I mentioned before, your criteria are flawed, biased and lacks nothing new and more a case of doing something for yourself. You know, the need to feel important and be perceived as you actually know what you are talking about or be influential and that is me putting it politely.

It is a bit deluded to compare your amateur approach to a reputable organisation like TIME. I suppose that point highlighted what I meant by the feeling of "self importance". I think you will find it is a psychological condition called "Delusion of Grandeur".

No offence, but Tumfulu and co. can even do a better job, and that is saying something.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by netotse(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
@El razur
out of curiousity, if someone told you your tone was threatening, would you apologize?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2010
Having known you quite well on this forum, I have come to know you thrive on irrational arguments. What I find amusing about you is that you try to present yourself as one fierce, knowledgeable critic, a la Gani Fawehinmi, an informed one - criticizing everything and every one -, but the more you try, the more you come across as one opinionated, yet unprincipled guy that thrives on irrational arguments. I always ignore people like you, even though I'm far from being a gentleman.

A few questions:
Don't you think you you need to check yourself when 95% of the contributors okayed the 'award' stuff which was pure fun, but you saw it otherwise, went ahead to open your thread, but ended up being another MamaGee Vs 190 play ground?
Is it a co-incidence that you started criticizing me around since I did that thread on NL 50 and your name was not there?
Can you tell me what is unrelated to Politics in POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR and POLITICAL PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR?

And FYI, Xavier you're defending here, has been my very good friend on NL for over two years now and we both respect each other, inspite of our frequent disagreements.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ElRazur: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
netotse:

@El razur
out of curiousity, if someone told you your tone was threatening, would you apologize?

If the subject matter of the email was threatening. Yes I will.

Clearly, Xavier felt it was threatening hence why he raised the issue, but trust Jarus to defend his position.

Jarus:

Having known you quite well on this forum, I have come to know you thrive on irrational arguments. What I find amusing about you is that you try to present yourself as one fierce, knowledgeable critic, a la Gani Fawehinmi, an informed one - criticizing everything and every one -, but the more you try, the more you come across as one opinionated, yet unprincipled guy that thrives on irrational arguments. I always ignore people like you, even though I'm far from being a gentleman.

I remember asking you if you will apologise or not. Clearly, you see the need to divert the issue here.

You keep comparing me to Gani. If memory serves me correctly, this is the second time. Unlike you, I do not have a big enough ego to make such comparison or accept such comparison. Neither do I suffer from self-delusion to wax lyrical about that.

I respect what the man did in his life time and if you can acheive a fraction of his achievement, then you will have more sense in you than the garbage you post on this forum.

On the flip side, I am willing to accept I am opinionated. If I don't have shitttt to say about anything, I won't be here registered and making contributions. So in other words, it is a bit ironic that you call me such, when same can be said about you. undecided

A few questions:
Don't you think you you need to check yourself when 95% of the contributors okayed the 'award' stuff which was pure fun, but you saw it otherwise, went ahead to open your thread, but ended up being another MamaGee Vs 190 play ground?
Is it a co-incidence that you started criticizing me around since I did that thread on NL 50 and your name was not there?
Can you tell me what is unrelated to Politics in POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR and POLITICAL PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR?

I think you need to check that 95% of your so called approval rating comes from your nominees and winners who are coincidently on your yahoo chat list. Remember? Again for the Nth time, this is not about me. Check my previous reply in response to your claims. (Go back and read my replies, the answers are in there)

Since you lack the ability to understand Sarcasm, my thread is a mockery of your award thread to show you that anyone can be biased and give anything to any dick and harry. But I guess you lack the logic to understand this.

And FYI, Xavier you're defending here, has been my very good friend on NL for over two years now and we both respect each other, inspite of our frequent disagreements.

You have now confirmed that you are thick. So because he is your so called "friend" means it is okay to send threatening emails? Are you this daft? shocked Heck, it shows how silly you are. So you have "known" him for two years, but still opt to send him a threatening email. Where is your logic? Again I am asking you, will you be man enough to apologise to him or would you keep talking about me (Since talking about me seem to make your have a hard-on **rolleyes**)
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2010
I stand by my claim that I did not threaten him, I only warned him to back off:

Here is our exchange:

ME 2 HIM
Dude, what exactly is your problem? Anytime you come to Nairaland, all you do is find my posts, derail it and give it religious undertone. This stalking is getting out of hand, and I wonder what your problem is. Go spit your jealousy elsewhere pls. Please be warned. Back off pls. 
Jarus

HIM 2 ME
To be published verbatim as soon as he gives me permission. But the import was he said I was flattering myself and said he would, going forward, be avoiding my threads

ME 2 HIM, RESPONSE
My message to u is simple: back off. Stop chasing me around. Perhaps that will heal your insecurity.

I may not be nice in my mails to him, but definitely not a threat. And who will be nice when warning somebody that provoked you?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ElRazur: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
Jarus, when does niceness stop and threats begin? You are no Xavier, and as such if he feels your email comes across as a threat, then the least you can do is apologise. No?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by netotse(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Razur
we've finally seen the mails that Jarus sent to the guy, and i'm sure at the very least, you'll agree with me that if it was you that sent that mail to the guy nothing would make you apologize. . .that's what i was driving at when i asked you the question up there^. . .so can we please drop the 'threatening' thing? una just dey clog up my "updated topics" for nothing now. . .haba!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
ElRazur:

Jarus, when does niceness stop and threats begin?
ok, this comes to me as a threat too. Apologize  wink

I have had to apologize on this forum before(even on this thread) when I realized the other party was right. But this one, no way. I did not threaten him, I only warned him and I don't have any regrets. I will not apologize. Get that.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ElRazur: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2010
Jarus:

ok, this comes to me as a threat too. Apologize  wink

I have had to apologize on this forum before(even on this thread) when I realized the other party was right. But this one, no way. I did not threaten him, I only warned him and I don't have any regrets. I will not apologize. Get that.

Again you have tried to defend your character via citing some past event. At this point, it means very little to the point at hand.

So let me get this straight, you had a run-in or locked horns with Xavier, then in your awesome logic, you remembered his personal email he used at some point and then proceeded to email him and in your own words [b]"warned him" [/b]but you really do not see this as a threat. Are you kidding me? undecided

Gosh, how many people you argue with then go around emailing them over a disagreement on a forum? undecided

Furthermore, the excerpts from the email exchange you posted had phrases like "back off" in it (I have a feeling there may be more) but you STILL do not see this as a form of mild threat at the very least? shocked

I have stated from the onset, that I do expect you to fully stand on your point of view and not offer an apology. So it is not a big deal or surprise that you are now doing exactly that. Pfft, no be you?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by chyz(m): 5:14am On Oct 26, 2010
The OP of the thread below is posting facebook pages and information of people that have no knowledge of this.It is an invasion of their privacy and unfair. Can the facebook pages be taken down,moderator?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-537422.0.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
chyz:

The OP of the thread below is posting facebook pages and information of people that have no knowledge of this.It is an invasion of their privacy and unfair. Can the facebook pages be taken down,moderator?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-537422.0.html
Thanks for calling my attention to it. Attended to.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ebube21: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2010
Please can you assist in restoring my posting priviledge, i placed an advert for a job based on the information given to me by a friend,the post was not displayed and i was banned. Username is maddock and the post is still very useful if you can restore it. Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2010
ebube 2:

Please can you assist in restoring my posting priviledge, i placed an advert for a job based on the information given to me by a friend,the post was not displayed and i was banned. Username is maddock and the post is still very useful if you can restore it. Thank you.

Next time, when Spambot is not allowing you to post a topic( by making your thread/post invisible) just report straight rather than keep trying. If you continue posting it, you will be banned like this.

I have messaged the Supermod to restore your thread and unban you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by maddock(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2010
Jarus:

Next time, when Spambot is not allowing you to post a topic( by making your thread/post invisible) just report straight rather than keep trying. If you continue posting it, you will be banned like this.

I have messaged the Supermod to restore your thread and unban you.

Thanks Jarus. But how i resend that post that started this whole thing. The positions are still very relevant and urgent,how do i go about reposting it so that i wont be banned again, as my ebube 2 has already been banned because of this same vacancy.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2010
maddock:

Thanks Jarus. But how i resend that post that started this whole thing. The positions are still very relevant and urgent,how do i go about reposting it so that i wont be banned again, as my ebube 2 has already been banned because of this same vacancy.
Don't worry, you dont need to repost. The one you posted will be made visible as soon as the Supermod restores it.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by izby(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by seanet02: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2010
@JARUS
Why did you closed the thread i started on Tafawa Balewa?
so it makes sense to you for someone to JAIL SOMEONE WITHOUT PROVEN ALLEGATIONS EXCEPT "MY HANDS ARE TIED" JARUS, YOUR UNFAIRNESS AND PARTIALITY IS UNRIVALED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-540990.0.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
seanet02:

@JARUS
Why did you closed the thread i started on Tafawa Balewa?
so it makes sense to you for someone to JAIL SOMEONE WITHOUT PROVEN ALLEGATIONS EXCEPT "MY HANDS ARE TIED" JARUS, YOUR UNFAIRNESS AND PARTIALITY IS UNRIVALED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
Thread locked for the following reasons:
Abusive: Calling TB insane. Highly disrespectful to Nigerian nationalists
Meaningless: Other than to stir tribal war

But I have deleted some posts, removed the insulting part of the title, and re-opened it.

Thread still under close watch, if it degenerates into throwing of insults and cursing, I'll send to the recycle bin, permanently.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by seanet02: 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2010
Jarus:

Thread locked for the following reasons:
Abusive: Calling TB insane. Highly disrespectful to Nigerian nationalists
Meaningless: Other than to stir tribal war

But I have deleted some posts, removed the insulting part of the title, and re-opened it.

Thread still under close watch, if it degenerates into throwing of insults and cursing, I'll send to the recycle bin, permanently.
For God sake, that is only what you saw? What about those that want AWO to rot away in jail?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2010
But, dude, honestly, what do you gain in all these tribal rants? All these Awo is bad, Zik is bad, TB is bad, Ahmadu Bello is bad threads seriosuly irritate me.
Definitely, this is not Awoism. You don't love Awolowo more than Bola Ige or even my biological dad, but reading supposed schooled adults thrive on infantile arguments like thsi sickens me.

Guys, we need to grow. Let's discuss their policies, their legacies, their programmes, their struggle for independence, not some tales about who killd who, who starved who.

Awo himself will not be proud of this.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by seanet02: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2010
Jarus:

But, dude, honestly, what do you gain in all these tribal rants? All these Awo is bad, Zik is bad, TB is bad, Ahmadu Bello is bad threads seriosuly irritate me.
Definitely, this is not Awoism. You don't love Awolowo more than Bola Ige or even my biological dad, but reading supposed schooled adults thrive on infantile arguments like thsi sickens me.

Guys, we need to grow. Let's discuss their policies, their legacies, their programmes, their struggle for independence, not some tales about who killd who, who starved who.

Awo himself will not be proud of this.
until we solve the red post
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2010
seanet02:

until we solve the red post
Wanna engage in English grammar competition with me?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
Jarus, can you please lock up this thread?
There's no fact, no reasoning, nothing. It'll start up another tribal mudsling.

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by DarlingtonAtum: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2010
does ghana speak english more then nigeria,pls inbox me
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nsiman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
Let me use the indian way to address u because u are the moderator. Sri jarus, pls why was the topic 'not a wonder bank, but promising' i started on 30th oct. 2010 locked? There was no foul language, etc there. Thanks
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
Nsiman:

Let me use the indian way to address u because u are the moderator. Sri jarus, pls why was the topic 'not a wonder bank, but promising' i started on 30th oct. 2010 locked? There was no foul language, etc there. Thanks
That post was caught by Spambot, and it actually looked like a spam, if not one.
We will look into it and see if it deserves reinstatement
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nsiman(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2010
Jarus, Thanks
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by jamace(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2010
This post titled "Gej's Visit To Kano. Pls,it's Not A War" by Saidsalla, is all over and has defaced the Politics Section. Do reduce it to only post/thread, please. Thanks,
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
jamace:

This post titled "Gej's Visit To Kano. Pls,it's Not A War" by Saidsalla, is all over and has defaced the Politics Section. Do reduce it to only post/thread, please. Thanks,
Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nsiman(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
Pls sri jarus, kindly unlocked my topic 'not a wonder bank, but promising'. I am on mobile so when i post at times it don't load but b4 i know it has duplicated. If it appeared spam it wasn't intentional. Thanks
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 04, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-545067.0.html#msg7074954

Jarus can you plz visit this thread, I left you a question there. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101)

Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.