Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints Here - Politics (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (113846 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2012
naptu2: The user "Sominababy" appears to be a spambot and it is currently spaming the politics section.

Thanks. Noted.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by ypzilanti: 12:09am On Apr 24, 2012
what happened to the post on the kidnap of Elumelu's mother?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 12:25am On Apr 24, 2012
ypzilanti: what happened to the post on the kidnap of Elumelu's mother?

Seun: The family wants us to hide this story until Tony Elumelu's mom is rescued, and I've decided to Agree.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpia5: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2012
The family wants us to hide this story until Tony Elumelu's mom is rescued, and I've decided to Agree

oh, ok.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by jason123: 2:03am On Apr 24, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/921830/lagos-get-60-ferries-as

Can you consider this worthy of the front page?! undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2012
Mukina, aya oba - please this deserves front page:

https://www.nairaland.com/922937/tribalism-among-nigerians-diaspora-web

asa lama lakum, my sister. cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Wallie(m): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
I think there is a need for another forum that deals with "general" topics. I say that because events like the bomb blasts or the Boko Haram menace are not political issues. The mere fact that they are posted in the political section detracts from the discussion and makes it seem like it is a PDP (GEJ) vs. non-supporters (CAN, CPC etc) issue.

I would like to believe that there are some of us that will like to discuss issues without partisan bias.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpia1: 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
why is BEAF allowed to rant endlessly and senselessly on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/922837/why-some-fellas-obsessed-ilaje/4

with no action taken by the site admin,

but meanwhile, someone is busy hiding posts and banning ids on this one:

https://www.nairaland.com/924528/mbgn-2012-pictures-all-contestants

does this make sense to anybody?

kindly break it down for me- I'm a bit slow today.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpia1: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
and while we're at it, could somebody also explain this:

Report to Moderator

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

the moderators cant see people's email addresses?

so. . . . . . . . . . .

can someone who understands this "stuff" explain plz.

the mods will see email addresses, so. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

the same forum where notifications are automatically dished out like clockwork?

am i the only one seeing a disconnect somewhere.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Ejine(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2012
Shouldn't threads like this be in the Culture Section tho'?

[url]nairaland.com/922837/why-some-fellas-obsessed-ilaje[/url]

www.nairaland.com/925169/we-itsekiris-yorubas-ishekiri-people

I grow tired of having to frog-jump over threads that are strictly about ethnic/tribal identity, littered all over the Politics Section, when there's already a board reserved for them - the Culture Section.

Abi no be so again? smiley
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
tpia1: why is BEAF allowed to rant endlessly and senselessly on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/922837/why-some-fellas-obsessed-ilaje/4

with no action taken by the site admin,

but meanwhile, someone is busy hiding posts and banning ids on this one:

https://www.nairaland.com/924528/mbgn-2012-pictures-all-contestants

does this make sense to anybody?

kindly break it down for me- I'm a bit slow today.

Thanks. Got all your reports.

tpia1: and while we're at it, could somebody also explain this:

Report to Moderator

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrators of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this.

the moderators cant see people's email addresses?

so. . . . . . . . . . .

can someone who understands this "stuff" explain plz.

the mods will see email addresses, so. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

the same forum where notifications are automatically dished out like clockwork?

am i the only one seeing a disconnect somewhere.

Ordinarily apart from admin and maybe the super mod, the moderators do not have access to members email. But when you send a report, the reports go straight into the moderators of the section's mail boxes which also grant them access to your email. It is just a notification in case a member has a problem with it, he/she can use the complaints thread to submit the report.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by jason123: 2:24am On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:08am On May 01, 2012
Can you unban PhysicsQED?

I got banned for a post in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/926593/ola-akinboboye-named-president-association

The post was also banned for whatever reason.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:09am On May 01, 2012
Mukina2, Good day, please check this out, good for front page https://www.nairaland.com/927189/dentist-pulls-out-all-ex-boyfriend
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nnenna1(f): 1:23am On May 02, 2012
Hi,

On the racism/tribalism section, in the thread titled "Yoruba Group Threatens Revenge Against Boko Haram," I was falsely accused of having multiple IDs and called names (B!tch, etc).

I have never been the subject of such a low brow discussion and been attacked in this manner. While this is only a forum we all expect a level of decency among members and mutual respect, with banning of members acting on the contrary.

I have been here long enough to know now that the quality of posts in Nairaland has fast diminished, but I had never thought that my name will been dragged down.

Maybe something will be done about that thread, or maybe not. But I wanted to get this off my chest.

I am typing from my phone and cannot provide links.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by manny4life(m): 2:10am On May 02, 2012
@ Seun and co,

Please, what are these "timestamps" appearing side by side to the date? I don't have a problem with it, in fact, I think it's somewhat cool, what I have a problem with is that I don't have the option to select my timezone like I did in the previous format. I mean, I'm in the EST time, and it's sorta confusing for me counting the hours and minutes (5hrs behind) to see when someone posted. Please, can u return the "timezone option" so I can set my timezone accordingly?

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by bittyend(m): 2:11am On May 02, 2012
Nnenna1: Hi,

On the racism/tribalism section, in the thread titled "Yoruba Group Threatens Revenge Against Boko Haram," I was falsely accused of having multiple IDs and called names (B!tch, etc).

I have never been the subject of such a low brow discussion and been attacked in this manner. While this is only a forum we all expect a level of decency among members and mutual respect, with banning of members acting on the contrary.

I have been here long enough to know now that the quality of posts in Nairaland has fast diminished, but I had never thought that my name will been dragged down.

Maybe something will be done about that thread, or maybe not. But I wanted to get this off my chest.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I saw the post. Thank God, I can now see through you ekwy_nwa. grin grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nnenna1(f): 2:51am On May 02, 2012
Moderators,

I just noticed that another thread was opened to further attack my person (please see the politics page).

In the span of minutes I've been further insulted and called all sorts of names.

I will not even bother to personally address whoever had the time to think up sick and twisted things about me, but the ball is in your court to ban the perpetrators and delete those posts.

Maybe you will or maybe you won't.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naptu2: 2:55am On May 02, 2012
Nairaland rules state:

"You may not bully a fellow Nairalander. 

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PUBLIC FIGHTS"

https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

The topic below seems to contravene these rules. It is in the politics section, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with politics.

Female Okoro Ekwy_nwa Is Nnenna1, Watch Me Destroy The Female Okoro Tonight

https://www.nairaland.com/927827/female-okoro-ekwy_nwa-nnenna1-watch
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 4:46am On May 02, 2012
Ekwy_nwa and Nnenna1 are the same people. They both need to be banned... I can't let her continue to disrespect Awolowo's wife like that; hence, why I exposed her. The ball is your court Jarus and OAMJ.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 5:09am On May 02, 2012
Nnenna1: Hi,

Nnenna1: Moderators,

I just noticed that another thread was opened to further attack my person (please see the politics page).

In the span of minutes I've been further insulted and called all sorts of names.

I will not even bother to personally address whoever had the time to think up sick and twisted things about me, but the ball is in your court to ban the perpetrators and delete those posts.

Maybe you will or maybe you won't.

naptu2: Nairaland rules state:

"You may not bully a fellow Nairalander. 

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PUBLIC FIGHTS"

https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

The topic below seems to contravene these rules. It is in the politics section, despite the fact that it has nothing to do with politics.

Female Okoro Ekwy_nwa Is Nnenna1, Watch Me Destroy The Female Okoro Tonight

https://www.nairaland.com/927827/female-okoro-ekwy_nwa-nnenna1-watch

Taken care of and culprits banned. Sorry about it.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 5:12am On May 02, 2012
arole_odua1: Ekwy_nwa and Nnenna1 are the same people. They both need to be banned... I can't let her continue to disrespect Awolowo's wife like that; hence, why I exposed her. The ball is your court Jarus and OAMJ.

The moderators have a way of finding out those using multiple ids and how to deal wit it.

You broke the rules enjoy your ban.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nnenna1(f): 5:15am On May 02, 2012
Thank you - another thing, just to clear the air. Would u mind tracing my IP address as well as Ekwy_Nwa, and, just to clear the air, confirm that we are not the same people? Also state that fact here for all to see (of course, don't post my IP address or any person's).

I know that this shouldn't even matter in the scheme of things, but this is something that I know to be false, and I cannot deal with that following me around.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 5:19am On May 02, 2012
Nnenna1: Thank you - another thing, just to clear the air. Would u mind tracing my IP address as well as Ekwy_Nwa, and, just to clear the air, confirm that we are not the same people? Also state that fact here for all to see (of course, don't post my IP address or any person's).

I know that this shouldn't even matter in the scheme of things, but this is something that I know to be false, and I cannot deal with that following me around.

Don't be bothered about it. If we have any reason to think you are are using multiple monikers, we would have warned you and ask you to stick to one.

Ignore all those claiming otherwise, if they harass or insult you, please report them, and we will handle the matter.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 7:52am On May 02, 2012
I have been updating a thread about how the late Gen. Sani Abacha, wrongly discredited, now for some strang reason it is now impossible to access that thread.

www.nairaland.com/823498/general-sani-abacha-honest-great/11

error message "An unexpected error has occurred. So sorry about this."

Can you please rectifiy this problem?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by aljharem(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by cyber999: 12:53pm On May 05, 2012
hello, honorable moderators in this forum,
pls i want to know why my post (before you blame the boko haram, pls read this) was moved from politics section and evetually was deleted or hidden.
i was trying to open a discussion on what motivates the boko haram people and i believe openness and fairness to all concerned is a policy in nairaland. i just want to know the reasons for
1. first removing my post from politics section and sending it to religion section under islam for muslims
2. finally deleting the post entirely
pls note: i am not challenging your decision, i just want a candid explanation for your decision.
thanx

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by aljharem(m): 10:55am On May 07, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.