Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,740 members, 7,806,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure (19752 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha To Garba Shehu: I Had No Altercation With Obasanjo / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' / Aisha Yesufu Replies Garba Shehu Who Said Nobody Can Bring Down Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
So says THE INEFFECTUAL BABOON!
A man that was so afraid to go to prison along with his wife, that he quickly ran back to Otueke while Orubebe was shouting at Abuja.
PMB is just too lenient I swear!
This one still having mouth to talk would be in Jail in saner climes.
The real failure calling someone else failure: ogogoro drunken master!
pls debunk what shehu sani said and stop attacking the ineffectual baboon ....the issue with this apc supporter is that they are too insultive and cannot make a constructive argument..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by silasely(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Goodluck Jonathan has replied Garba Shehu, who earlier today claimed that the former President is to be blamed over Buhari's failure to appoint ministers on time. 

We reported that Garba Shehu who appeared on a Channel's TV show, said the refusal of Jonathan’s government to cooperate with the transition committee had a negative effect on the current administration. Frank Shuaibu, special adviser on public communications to Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who also featured on the programme, had listed Buhari’s delay in appointing his cabinet as one of the factors that plunged the economy into a recession.

Goodluck Jonathan who replied Garba Shehu in a statement titled ‘Garba Shehu’s gaffe on Jonathan’s Handover notes to Buhari’  and released on his behalf by his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, said that anyone who uses handover notes to justify a President’s indiscretion of not appointing ministers until after spending six months in power, is either being mischievous or does not really understand governance processes.

According to the former President, ‘those who think like Shehu that a Government would not function properly if it does not receive handover notes in time, should be reminded that there is no law establishing the process. It is simply a matter of convenience for an outgoing President to develop handover notes to guide his successor understand key issues and hit the ground running.’

The statement reads in full; 

Our attention has been drawn to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu in which he blamed the failure of President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint ministers until six months after taking over office on the administration of former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking on a Channels television programme on Monday December 17, Shehu had claimed that it took President buhari who was sworn in on May 29, 2015 until November 11, 2015 to appoint his ministers because the “President was given handover notes 48 hours to the handover of power”. As strange as that particular assertion may sound, it still beggars belief that a spokesman of a President who is seeking re-election would still be looking for a scapegoat for the administration’s failure, at a time he should be showcasing his scorecard. That amounts to merely clutching at straws.

One thing is as clear as daylight: The Jonathan administration has absolutely nothing to do with the failure of this government to appoint ministers early enough to inspire confidence in investors because it is obvious that handover notes from a predecessor does not contain the list of ministers for the incoming administration. However, that is even making light of Garba Shehu’s unending embarrassing gaffe. It is expected that a man who has been around the corridors of power for that long, beginning from when he served as a media adviser under President Obasanjo for years, should understand Government’s basic functions and procedures. Handover notes, being transitioning documents, are usually received by an incoming President from his predecessor at the time of change of government.

It is not a document that guides a President to appoint his ministers. Under normal circumstances, a newly inaugurated President needs the support of his ministers, who would handle different departments of Government, to study and understand his handover notes for effective performance of his initial duties. Those who think like Shehu that a Government would not function properly if it does not receive handover notes in time, should be reminded that there is no law establishing the process. It is simply a matter of convenience for an outgoing President to develop handover notes to guide his successor understand key issues and hit the ground running.

In his own case, former president Jonathan magnanimously set up a transition team that produced the handover document which President Buhari received ahead of his inauguration. Anyone who uses handover notes to justify a President’s indiscretion of not appointing ministers until after spending six months in power, is either being mischievous or does not really understand governance processes.

Sometimes, when Mr. Shehu speaks, he comes across as someone who is unaware of the fact that, under our laws, an administration is elected for a tenure of four years within which it is expected to have fulfilled its campaign promises, before returning to the electorates for a fresh mandate. In case he does not know, Shehu should be reminded that blaming others for one’s failures is not a prove of performance. Assuming, without out conceding, that the last administration was as bad as they want Nigerians to believe, is it not a fact of governance that it is the duty of every responsible administration to seek to make better the situation it met on ground? Anything less than that is a prove of incompetence for which a failed administration has no moral justification to ask for a fresh mandate.

While members of the current administration continue to blame President Jonathan for their failure to deliver on their mandate, they should be reminded that there are many African success stories that proved that a progress-minded administration has no business focusing only on the past. From a past of the worst genocide in recent history, Rwandan President Paul Kagame did not blame anybody when he took charge. He simply hit the ground running, and today, we all know where Rwanda stands in Africa’s growth and development index.

The story is similar in Cote d’Ivoire where President Alassane Ouattara was able to turn around the Ivorian economy within two years after it had virtually collapsed following the negative impact of the country’s worst political crisis. As the Buhari Government nears its end, the minders of the administration should please tell Nigerians what new projects, programmes and institutions for good governance they have added to those established by the various administrations of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), since they took office on May 29, 2015. The truth is that this unhelpful blame game must stop if we have to move forward as a nation.

https://lailasnews.com/goodluck-jonathan-replies-garba-shehu-i-have-nothing-to-do-with-buharis-failure/

lalasticlala
buhari is d problem w have in Nigeria with too much excuse.
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by Ayobami7(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
布与德甲拜仁慕尼黑合作
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by dracosith(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
How can Jonathan say this...

The current administration needs someone to blame Sir.

And you fit the bill

You better accept it that somehow... You prevented Buhari from appointing his cabinet on time..
Same way you have halted the growth of Buharis cows.. As the number is stuck at 150

If APc doesn't blame you..

Who else?
Hahahahaha
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by dracosith(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
After four years, APC are still playing the blame game? This is madness
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by poiZon: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
A man that was so afraid to go to prison along with his wife, that he quickly ran back to Otueke while Orubebe was shouting at Abuja.
e dey like dust don over-occupy ur brain.

ur brain needs thorough drycleaning.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by AroleOduduwa(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:

U need mental support
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by nifty60(m): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
You see your life. u can't even reason again
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by nwanyionitsha: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Sholaco:
Useless people internet s their abode
Meaning ?
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by nwanyionitsha: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
You well so ?
You are sounding like wear, where, were, ware.

This is absolutely an example of awo failed educational system. Read your comment again, then go back and read the post, then comprehend.
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by biztip: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
they kept blaming and never knew when 4years pass and election reach
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by DozieInc(m): 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
StillX10:
GEJ actually has nothing to do with Buhari 's failure because Buhari is the source of failure himself.

He failed before assuming office

He has failed in office

He has failed at his promises

He will always fail

Dear PMB, GEJ has nothing to do with your failures

PMB is an epic failure.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by StillX10(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
DozieInc:

PMB is an epic failure.
comfirmed
Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by Carlyscales: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2018
zomby:
@Jonathan: you have nothing to do with the failure, but you made it difficult for him to be successful.

You, your wife and your friends chop all the money.
The missing $20B is alone enough to stabilize electric power supply in the country.
The missing money that was allocated to fight the Boko Haram is enough to solidify medical system in the country.

When human beings are talking, Abeg, uncle Jonathan don’t open your mouth.

Your failure in general and your severe level of incompetence are still lingering in Nigeria today.
Senseless and shameless zombies!

Re: Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu: I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari's Failure by Carlyscales: 10:31am On Dec 20, 2018
beegodson:
okay, so why leave the country in that manner and leave a lot of debts on PMB's shoulders, whether you like it or not Mr Jonathan, you and your Party (PDP) have failed this country, all these inherited problems from your administration now falls on the shoulders of PMB.
PMB has not failed us, he is even doing more than is expected, he is building up the railways, building the 2nd Niger-Bridge, he has paid benefits accrued to the Nigeria Airways staff, pensioners, built roads and much more.
APC is the change this country needs.
The assurance this country needs.
APC/PMB for 2019!
This is the change abi?
Yeye people!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Group Alleges Intimidation Of Supreme Court Judges By APC Le / Insecurity: Arrest, Jail Lai Mohammed Now – HURIWA Tells Security Agencies / Trees, Waters Of Kogi Will Vote Dino Melaye If He Consults Us – Witches, Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.