Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Allegation Against APC Guber Candidate, Dapo Abiodun Is Baseless- Ogun Attorney - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegation Against APC Guber Candidate, Dapo Abiodun Is Baseless- Ogun Attorney (410 Views)

Gbolahan Adeniran Resigns As Ogun Attorney-General Over 'Massive Corruption' / Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu Organize Protest Against APC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Allegation Against APC Guber Candidate, Dapo Abiodun Is Baseless- Ogun Attorney by afrofaces: 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
The Ogun State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Olumide Ayeni, has described allegation against Ogun state governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), for 2019 general elections, Prince Dapo Abiodun , as “baseless, unfounded and figment of imagination of peddlers.”

The statement explained that the clarifications became necessary following allegations that Prince Dapo evaded national service after graduating from the university in the 1980s, and claimed in his nomination form that he does not have a university degree in order to deceive his party and the Independent National Electoral Commission, according to court filings.

The statement read in part:
”I was lead counsel to Prince Dapo Abiodun in his 2015 senate election petition against Senator Buruji Kashamu of the PDP. We won at the Tribunal but were reversed at the Court of Appeal at Ibadan. The issue of qualifications of Prince Dapo Abiodun never arose”

It is not difficult to see the tit-for-tat kind of dirty politics at play and I submit that mudslinging of this kind of “adiye da mi ni oogun nu, ma fo ni eyin” ought to stop in the wider interest of our people. In my own case, my conscience and professional decency will preclude me from standing by why we banter untruths in the name of dirty politics as this is not what democracy is all about. Politics and service should be hinged on honour, sacrifice and truthfulness if we must have a good society”.

SOURCE: https://newsacross.com/allegation-against-apc-guber-candidate-dapo-abiodun-is-baseless-ogun-attorney-general/

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Commissions New Abuja Airport Terminal / OKOROCHA Locks Out OSHIOMHOLE, Imo APC Chiefs From Stadium / Ribadu Donates Offices, Campaign Buses To Buhari’s Reelection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.