Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad (2934 Views)

U-20 Female Star Asisat Oshoala (Pictures) / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by jmoore(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2010
Yes, we came second but are the players within the right age group? How many of the female players are really under the age of 20? To be honest , none. This same problem persists in all Nigeria's national age grade squad both male and female. How could you tell me that a lady who has played in Nigeria female league for more than five years is still under the age of 20. This what is killing Nigeria football because at the peak of it which is the senior team level, they can't prove their worth. Last year I think , it was the real under 17 switzerland male team beating  Nigeria's over 17 at the final. And just recently the real under 20 German female team beats Nigeria's over 20 at the final. We keep creating history with the wrong people!  No respect to the line in our national pledge" I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest" where is the honesty displayed?
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by ayusman16(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2010
How u take know? Do u have a sister among them to know if they are overage or not? We need proofs.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by jmoore(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
If you see a 17 year old you will know. One of them is claiming to be 17 years old despite playing for pelican stars for more than 4 years. Did she start to play for the club at the age of 13? Let's call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by ayusman16(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
that is no proof bro. kindly post their birth cert make we believe you.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by kannymoore(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
Bubs, My aunts close friend is a maternal aunt to Sunday; the petite 7 shirted player in the falconets. She looks young, in fact, she should be the youngest looking player in the squad.
I asked her age, She is in her early 20's and not 17 as earlier claimed.
GOD KNOWS THE TRUE AGES OF THE OTHER PLAYERS SHA.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
sad if true
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
So some peopls actually thought these girls are U-20?

Make una wake up and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by semid4lyfe(m): 4:23am On Aug 05, 2010
Under-20 for where? I actually know 2 of the players in the team and they're in their (very) late 20's.

The biggest joke of them is (the No 9) Desire Oparanozie who claims to be 16 yrs. . . .despite playing for Bayelsa Queens for 3 years now.

1 Like

Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by temmytanny(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2010
@poster,

Its true that some of them are over aged but u cant determine the true age of lady. My sister of 22 looks taller and bigger than 80% of the faconets. I guess most of them are less 24
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by abadaba(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2010
They are all 20 and under. If you feel they are not, present your evidence or forever shut your stinking mouths.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by osmeka: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2010
angry angry angry
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Fogman(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
Next time get your fact ready, before making wild allegations.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2010
Some Nigerians were born with cheat spirit, do any of you defending age cheats really believe a 16yrs old girl can play in a Nigerian league? she's been with Bayelsa queens for 3yrs and yet she's still 16, does that mean she started playing football at 13? PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL AT 13?
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
I want anyone to challenge me if he/she dares. I traveled to abuja on 30th June in a virgin(air) Nigeria plane with the Nigerian U20 on their way to Abuja from Cote Viore. I saw those ladies they are over 20. I sat with that striker that looks like albino and we chatted through out the 1 hour journey.
Serious i shd have exchanged nos with her,but i simply didnt like her looks on the track she wore that day

Honestly they are over 20 thats certain
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by osmeka: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2010
honeric01:

Some Nigerians were born with cheat spirit, do any of you defending age cheats really believe a 16yrs old girl can play in a Nigerian league? she's been with Bayelsa queens for 3yrs and yet she's still 16, does that mean she started playing football at 13? PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL AT 13?

Your argument is based on assumption. Pls argue with facts. Until i see their birth cert, is when i ll concor with you.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by abadaba(m): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
honeric01:

Evidence please, or forever hold your peace.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2010
toba:

I want anyone to challenge me if he/she dares. I traveled to abuja on 30th June in a virgin(air) Nigeria plane with the Nigerian U20 on their way to Abuja from Cote Viore. I saw those ladies they are over 20. I sat with that striker that [b]looks like albino and we chatted through out the 1 hour journey.[/b]
Serious i shd have exchanged nos with her,but i simply didnt like her looks on the track she wore that day

Honestly they are over 20 thats certain

YOU THINK THEY WILL LISTEN? IT'S IN THE BLOOD. sad sad sad

abadaba:

Evidence please, or forever hold your peace.

Do you also need EVIDENCE to prove that NO 13yrs old can play professional football in Nigeria? CAN YOU BEAT YOUR CHEST TO SAY OPARANOZIE IS 16YRS OLD?

osmeka:

Your argument is based on assumption. Pls argue with facts. Until i see their birth cert, is when i ll concor with you.

How about Stanley Okoro and Fortune Chukwudi? they are also U-17 shebi?

Make una dey deceive una self, have you for once watched the on going Lagos U-17 tournaments? see do if you haven't, our real Lagos u-17 was spanked 7 : 0 by supersport's U-17, they were also spanked 2 : 1 by the Ghanaian side.
Thank God Fashola is not as "blind" as some Nigerians are, if he was, he would have gone ahead with the norms.

Rubbish angry angry angry angry
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Fogman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2010
honeric, i still repeat that the only evidence that ll prove the girls re over 20yrs old is their birth cert. Even, come to think abt it, what makes u think the boys from South Africa and Ghana are trully U 17, looking at it from ur way? I m sure if they re Nigerian, u ll equally dispute their ages.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2010
Fogman:

honeric, i still repeat that the only evidence that ll prove the girls re over 20yrs old is their birth cert. Even, come to think abt it, what makes u think the boys from South Africa and Ghana are trully U 17, looking at it from your way? I m sure if they re Nigerian, u ll equally dispute their ages.

Birth certificate? lol, are you joking? anyways, how many birth certificates do you want? i can help you get them from various quarters in Lagos, any age you want to claim, i can help you get. birth certificate ko, death certificate nii grin grin grin

We are not talking about other countries here, we are talking about Nigeria, why do some Nigerians always use other country's errors to justify their own shortcomings? don't you people ever want to do something right?

Now, i am beginning to think some Nigerians were born with the cheat instincts in them.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Syenite(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2010
I am dissapointed in we Nigerian fans.We don't ever see anything good in our teams.
If you think those girls are overaged come up with evidence or shot your trap!

honeric01:

Make una dey deceive una self, have you for once watched the on going Lagos U-17 tournaments? see do if you haven't, our real Lagos u-17 was spanked 7 : 0 by supersport's U-17, they were also spanked 2 : 1 by the Ghanaian side.
Thank God Fashola is not as "blind" as some Nigerians are, if he was, he would have gone ahead with the norms.

Are you sure you're watching the tourney urself. As far as I'm concerned the only true U-17 are the Lagos boys.
Can you prove to me that Robben iS 24, Ribery is 25, Forlan is 28 and John Terry is 29? All those 40yr olds!
You don't see anything wrong about other country's teams only yours.

Go-on exposing your selves before the international community.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by asha80(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2010
Syenite:

I am dissapointed in we Nigerian fans.We don't ever see anything good in our teams.
Are you sure you're watching the tourney urself. As far as I'm concerned the only true U-17 are the Lagos boys.
Can you prove to me that Robben iS 24, Ribery is 25, Forlan is 28 and John Terry is 29? All those 40yr olds!

Robben is 26 and not 24

Ribery is 27 and not 25

If you think that these players that were born and brought up in western europe are lying about there ages you need your head examined and you need to travel out of nigeria if you think every country is as dishonest and cheats as nigerians.

Look my guy i have a friend that was born in Dusseldorf in germany in 1980 and he went to the german embassy to see he was running around for movement out of nigeria.He was asked which year and hospital he was born and he presented his birth certificate.An official went inside and typed into their database in their computer and his name appeared exactly as it presented in the certicate.If the guy lied na so them for bounce am for wetin im dey run around for.

One more thing how come europian players lasts longer in the game than nigerians ?
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2010
Syenite:

Keep deceiving yourself. i am out, can't change you.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by semid4lyfe(m): 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2010
Honeric & asha 80
Well said.

However I maintain that if we field real underage players in age grade football competitions, we'd always be beaten black and blue by other teams.

Look at the Lagos United team (all secondary school students picked from the Last principal Cup) representing Lagos State in the Lagos Internatiönal Youth Competition for example.

Not condoning cheating but the Western countries have gone scientific with football. . . .special Nutrition & feeding, hormonal injections etc that make their players develop quickly, grow big, enhances their endurance, strength, stamina etc.

I even heard sowewhere that the American U-19 team that our overage Falconets beat have been training together since when the players were like 8/9/10 years old. . .so they've been playing together for a longer time.

Shey we fit do am for Naija ni?
My worry is we take age cheating to another level. . .as in players dey cut 10 yrs+ from their ages. Me, I dey for mid 20's and I sabi Kabiru Akinsola for Oworonshoki (stayed around Elanke then. . .even saw him like 2wice after the U-17 World cup) and (I dey call am Egbon) the time wey im dey play competition for Gbagada Roundabout, so how could he claim to be U-17 in 2007.

Even Dele Adeleye was like 33/34 when he went to Holland 2005.

Now the female teams have followed suit.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by semid4lyfe(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
Fogman:

honeric, i still repeat that the only evidence that ll prove the girls re over 20yrs old is their birth cert. Even, come to think abt it, what makes u think the boys from South Africa and Ghana are trully U 17, looking at it from your way? I m sure if they re Nigerian, u ll equally dispute their ages.
The boys from Ghana and South Africa are definitely not U-17. Only the Lagos and Dutch team are real U-17's in that competition.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by Kx: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
they are over age das why d idea of scholarship pissed dem off
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by semid4lyfe(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
Kx:

they are over age das why d idea of scholarship pissed dem off
I don't know about now but during my days in Uni, established sportsmen/women were admitted on special sports list and most of them came in to read P.H.E. Thats how Chioma Ajunwa got in to read P.H.E in UNILAG. Some of them can still take up the scholarship offer.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
How can people even say these ''U-20" are the breadwinners in their families?
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by mamagee3(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
honeric01:

How can people even say these ''U-20" are the breadwinners in their families?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by chic2pimp(m): 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2010
Knowing their real age is the least of my worries. I'd like to know if they are indeed women. Cuz heaven knows I won't be that suprised if they are a few Caster Semanya's amongst em'.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by usbcable(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
chic2pimp:

Knowing their real age is the least of my worries. I'd like to know if they are indeed women. Cuz heaven knows I won't be that suprised if they are a few Caster Semanya's amongst em'.
haba, you have totally brought a new dimension to the whole discuss.
concerning the lagos united boys beaten black blue and purple, am more than satisfied than with us fielding 30 somethings. Its a step in the right direction for lagos state sports IMO.
birth certificates dont often prove actual age because its easier to forge and obtain,
it makes more sense to use their SSCE/WAEC certificates that have photographs on them.
problem is most of these our footballers are illiterates.
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by snakova(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2010
omo naija nimi
Re: Over Aged Players In Under 20 Female Nigeria Squad by lamisanya(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
I'm tired of a bunch of Idiots running their mouths anytime there is an age limit tournament!! How many of us remember still remember our Atlanta Olympics  team ? How young were they?? No issue was raised then. If they present birth certificates we'll say they are fake. what makes you think Europeans don't do the same?? My don volunteer for social service here and I know how many  people wey no get birth record wey we don create for!!! p.S I am related to Alaba Jonathan so shut your trap!!! by the way our  Nigerian leagues(male & female) are not very professional and street kids  have been known to play for teams like Jigawa stars!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Banker Of The Day / Stampede Caused By Nigerian Fans In South Africa / Amodu Confirmed Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.