Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

A Very Atheist Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Very Atheist Christmas (3165 Views)

What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? / Atheist Come Here And Reason With African Traditional Faithful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 1:55am On Dec 18, 2018
The question:- Can a Christmas-enjoying atheist be considered hypocritical?

Not in any way. They're getting a charge out of the mainstream part of the season and not having anything to with the Christians that have co-selected it.

Christmas, and every one of it's trappings, are from Pagans Rome. It was the celebration of Saturnalia which occurred toward the year's end beginning from Dec 21st or the Winter Solstice. This was, as indicated by the Roman logbook, not a real piece of the year so you could do anything you needed to. What's more, individuals did. They ate excessively. Drank excessively. They offered blessings to companions. They finished trees with trinkets and candles and so forth. They sang tunes in the streets. Furthermore, they occupied with bunches of sex. You know, a similar stuff that goes on today.

But when the Christians came to control they understood that individuals needed a reason to party so they said it was cool to do each one of those things however it was for Jesus and not Saturn. So individuals at that point observed Jesus similarly.

The main contrast is Christians of today have overlooked this and trust it was constantly about Jesus. So when you're having your Christmas supper, giving presents, singing songs, enriching the tree and engaging in sexual relations with your sweetie you can thank the Pagans for thinking of everything.

Christmas has a place with any individual who needs it, and in light of the fact that I surrendered having confidence in a divine being doesn't mean I surrendered having faith in the adoration and delight of family. I didn't surrender the delight of festivity with my relinquishment of the crazy. So to my religious and non-religious companions, I wish them every one of the a Joyful Christmas or a Cheerful Hanukkah from the heart and I trust they take it with the genuine soul with which I give it – that of the spirit of mankind – something we would all be able to celebrate.

2 Likes

Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by MuttleyLaff: 3:59am On Dec 18, 2018
finalboss:
The question:- Can a Christmas-enjoying atheist be considered hypocritical?

Not in any way. They're getting a charge out of the mainstream part of the season and not having anything to with the Christians that have co-selected it.

Christmas, and every one of it's trappings, are from Pagans Rome. It was the celebration of Saturnalia which occurred toward the year's end beginning from Dec 21st or the Winter Solstice. This was, as indicated by the Roman logbook, not a real piece of the year so you could do anything you needed to. What's more, individuals did. They ate excessively. Drank excessively. They offered blessings to companions. They finished trees with trinkets and candles and so forth. They sang tunes in the streets. Furthermore, they occupied with bunches of sex. You know, a similar stuff that goes on today.

But when the Christians came to control they understood that individuals needed a reason to party so they said it was cool to do each one of those things however it was for Jesus and not Saturn. So individuals at that point observed Jesus similarly.

The main contrast is Christians of today have overlooked this and trust it was constantly about Jesus. So when you're having your Christmas supper, giving presents, singing songs, enriching the tree and engaging in sexual relations with your sweetie you can thank the Pagans for thinking of everything.

Christmas has a place with any individual who needs it, and in light of the fact that I surrendered having confidence in a divine being doesn't mean I surrendered having faith in the adoration and delight of family. I didn't surrender the delight of festivity with my relinquishment of the crazy. So to my religious and non-religious companions, I wish them every one of the a Joyful Christmas or a Cheerful Hanukkah from the heart and I trust they take it with the genuine soul with which I give it – that of the spirit of mankind – something we would all be able to celebrate.
and she sure looked like May hoping Corbyn is prevailed
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by LordReed(m): 5:47am On Dec 18, 2018
finalboss:

Yep, that's why I can wish Mr. Christian a Merry Christmas and Mr. Muslim Barka de Sallah with no hidden agenda or ill will.

I love the freedom freedom from religion brings.

3 Likes

Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by babyfaceafrica: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2018
nice narrative, however I wish you believe in God
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by CAPSLOCKED: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

WHICH ONE?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2018
Happy freedom day and many rice to us.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
seriously, you dunno me. Pm
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by babyfaceafrica: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2018
finalboss:
seriously, you dunno me. Pm
hmm,okay..pm.sent
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by pweshboi(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
Well I believe the question is for atheist to answer. However as a Christian I wish any religious person be it Muslim, Hindu, traditionalist e.t.c HAPPY whatever they are celebrating.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Twizzy30(m): 1:41am On Dec 21, 2018
Merry Christmas.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WHICH ONE?
none of these ones. but Jehovah the creator of heaven, Earth and yourself
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
none of these ones. but Jehovah the creator of heaven, Earth and yourself
hmm jehovah
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
finalboss:
hmm jehovah
ye the creator of the universe
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
ye the creator of the universe
Lols which universe?? lemme tell you smthing have been in hospital for days now just getting better, If to say i dy house they pray to one big guy to heal me.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
finalboss:
Lols which universe?? lemme tell you smthing have been in hospital for days now just getting better. If to say i dy house they pray to one big guy to heal me.
and u think doctors alone can heal u, believe it or not God is working with them that why you are getting better,I pray he perfects your healing. Seriously God is in existence
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
and u think doctors alone can heal u, believe it or not God is working with them that why you are getting better,I pray he perfects your healing. Seriously God is in existence
Urrgh.. God working with doctors??, I'm healed already. You need to open your eyes dear.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
finalboss:
Urrgh.. God working with doctors??, I'm healed already. You need to open your eyes dear.
my eyes are wide open but u need an open mind about God not religion or what a pastor or Imam says. I know something triggered your becoming an atheist but think deeper about things

1 Like

Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Finalboss just think about God and happenings in your life not religion,am sure you will understand somethings, I don't really go to church much wen I was younger and anytime my dad complains about it I told him that praying and giving thanks to God is more important my mum is a Muslim so she doesn't interfere in our discussion even now I only go to church sometime and that is when I am in school but I do think of things and I know that God exists
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
Finalboss just think about God and happenings in your life not religion,am sure you will understand somethings, I don't really go to church much wen I was younger and anytime my dad complains about it I told him that praying and giving thanks to God is more important my mum is a Muslim so she doesn't interfere in our discussion even now I only go to church sometime and that is when I am in school but I do think of things and I know that God exists

How do you know god exists?
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
he dosent exist, i was on my way home. Nw i have your time. So you believed in allah and jesus or whats his name?
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
finalboss:
he dosent exist, i was on my way home. Nw i have your time. So you believed in allah and jesus or whats his name?
so y do u think God doesn't exist
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

How do you know god exists?
I have got lot of testimony that shows he does exist
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by LordReed(m): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
I have got lot of testimony that shows he does exist

Testimony of people that saw the god?
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
so y do u think God doesn't exist
NO lemme explain why God dosent exist logically
I can't give proof that there is no god (with a lower case "g" since we are thinking about the presence of any conceivable god as opposed to one specifically).

Envision something that you're sure beyond a shadow of a doubt does not exist, similar to dragons. For what reason do you figure dragons don't exist? I wager that in any event these two reasons ring a bell:

There is no proof that dragons exist, and nobody has ever observed one, found fossilized stays of one or anything.

Despite the fact that there are stories that include dragons, they go from unlikely to inconceivable and I don't trust them.

Anybody can make up an anecdote about a dragon. It takes ability and commitment to make one that others need to find out about. Dragons can be an intriguing subject. Hollywood flourishes with making the hallucination that such things are conceivable, and we pay great cash to see the products of their work. Hollywood endures in light of the fact that we are set up to pay while we suspend our incredulity in dragons (and other anecdotal recommendations) for a hour and a half at any given moment.

Somebody could contend that dragons most likely do exist, in light of the fact that there must be something behind every one of those books and movies about dragons, and the way that individuals are to a great extent settled on what dragons are, what they look like and what they can do. There's an image of one on the Welsh banner, and the benefactor holy person of Britain, St George, is presumed to have slaughtered one during the time spent saving a lady. There must be something in it, without a doubt? For what reason would anybody make up a story like that? What were the starting points of dragon stories, if there were never any dragons? Indeed, it appears to be sensible to feel that individuals most likely made up anecdotes about dragons and legendary animals, to engage one another and to clarify away things that their constrained learning proved unable. The missing sheep? Taken away by a dragon. The consumed tree amidst a field? Inhaled on by a dragon. A similar one that took our sheep, most likely. When the story had legs, dragons will have been the go-to clarification for anything awful.

None of this demonstrates dragons exist, but then I have no hard proof that they don't, and neither do you.

The inquiry was "Would you be able to demonstrate to me that there is no god?", and my answer is no, for a similar arrangement of reasons that I can't demonstrate that there are no dragons. I have no proof, no observers, no sworn declaration that there is no god. Notwithstanding, the nonattendance of proof for the non presence of divine beings isn't verification that divine beings exist, similarly as the nonappearance of proof for the non presence of dragons isn't confirmation that dragons exist.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

Testimony of people that saw the god?
nope, about his deeds and power
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
finalboss:
NO lemme explain why God dosent exist logically
your personal opinion would be better
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by LordReed(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:

You saw the god do these things or you assumed the god did these things?
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Preetiex:
is that even possible

Not "a god", but rather "God"… "Enormous G" God, God of The Capitalised Letter, God of The Bible.

Truly I can. It basically requires demonstrating that the meaning of said god is impossible. For this situation… we just have one objective† definition to work with, the one in the Bible.

† I utilize the term freely

So how does the Bible characterize God. How about we begin at section 1…

Genesis 1 reveals to us that: God made the day, then the earth, then dry land and ocean, then grass, then natural product trees, then "lights in the atmosphere", then the sun, moon and stars (as unmistakable from atmosphere lights), then creatures, then Adam and Eve together

Genesis 2 discloses to us that: God made Adam first, then plants, then a group of named waterways, then creatures, and afterward Eve from one of Adam's ribs

So we have a God characterized as having the capacity to:

make plants before man and furthermore man before plants

make creatures before man and furthermore man before creatures

make woman after man when both are made at the same time

Given that these are on the whole fundamentally unrelated, they're sensibly impossible

furthermore, given that God is characterized as having done these coherently impossible things, this definition can't depict something that genuinely exists

therefore, God (of the huge "G"wink can't in any way, shape or form exist
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2018
finalboss:
is that even possible

Not "a god", but rather "God"… "Enormous G" God, God of The Capitalised Letter, God of The Bible.

Truly I can. It basically requires demonstrating that the meaning of said god is impossible. For this situation… we just have one objective† definition to work with, the one in the Bible.

† I utilize the term freely

So how does the Bible characterize God. How about we begin at section 1…

Genesis 1 reveals to us that: God made the day, then the earth, then dry land and ocean, then grass, then natural product trees, then "lights in the atmosphere", then the sun, moon and stars (as unmistakable from atmosphere lights), then creatures, then Adam and Eve together

Genesis 2 discloses to us that: God made Adam first, then plants, then a group of named waterways, then creatures, and afterward Eve from one of Adam's ribs

So we have a God characterized as having the capacity to:

make plants before man and furthermore man before plants

make creatures before man and furthermore man before creatures

make woman after man when both are made at the same time

Given that these are on the whole fundamentally unrelated, they're sensibly impossible

furthermore, given that God is characterized as having done these coherently impossible things, this definition can't depict something that genuinely exists

therefore, God (of the huge "G"wink can't in any way, shape or form exist

hello I will reply later
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2018
Preetiex:
hello I will reply later
lols, Yea we knw today is sunday, "church" Go and dance clap and sweat.
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2018
finalboss:
lols, Yea we knw today is sunday, "church" Go and dance clap and sweat.
abi oooo
Re: A Very Atheist Christmas by finalboss(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2018
Preetiex:
abi oooo
What's abi ooo ? why do you guys gather on sundays to pray to your god

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Muslim Will Enter Paradise Even If He Commits Theft Or Adultery / Satanist Among Top 100 World Most Influential People / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.