Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN (419 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN / Darkness Looms As Hoodlums Vandalise Six TCN Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by TheMainone: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2018
The Transmission Company of Nigeria said the export would raise the quantum of electricity exported from Nigeria to the West African region.

Speaking at the meeting of the joint technical working group of the West African Power Pool in Abuja on Monday, the Managing Director, TCN, Usman Mohammed, who is also the chairman of the WAPP executive board, said power distribution companies in Nigeria were still not taking all the electricity from generation companies. He said, “For Nigeria, if you look at the generation and what the distribution networks can take, we don’t have a shortage, we have a surplus.

“From the system point of view, we cannot say Nigeria has a shortage, the excess we have, we can send to other parts of West Africa but we need to have some few things put in place. One of such is the synchronisation so that we can actually export energy from Nigeria to West Africa.”

The Federal Government had repeatedly stated that about 2,000 megawatts of electricity had been stranded over time due to the inability of the Discos to distribute the additional quantum of energy to domestic power users.

Mohammed also stated that apart from selling power to other countries of West Africa and earning foreign exchange from such, the expected expansion and synchronisation of the region’s electricity lines could help expand Nigeria’s generation capacity.

The TCN boss noted that the meeting of the WAPP executives was to advance the grid synchronisation programme.

He said, “We are holding a meeting for the synchronisation of the interconnections between the various countries. The intention is to synchronise them because WAPP wants to ensure that energy flow from Nigeria to Senegal and back.
https://insiderpostonline./2018/12/18/nigeria-to-export-electricity-to-west-african-countries-tcn/

Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by bedspread: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2018
Haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa.... Who did this to Nigeria?Who did this to us?

Nigerians are suffering without Electricity terribly!

There is Nothing in Exporting Electricity oo! Don't get it wrong!

It Amazes me that we Export Electricity to countries and their Electricity issues become solved! While the Exporter is in Darkness...

People of GOD , I am not Understanding!!

Majority of African nations have gone beyond Electricity issues!

I was in East Africa and I tell you confidently that countries have gone beyond Electricity...
Whether Rain is falling or not, Light is Constant!!

I Think it's High time We Carry Nigeria to Another Location!!
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by baliyubla: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2018
The dullards priority clearly lies with his brothers in Niger and Senegal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by jieta: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2018
I'm tired of Nigeria problems.
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by mikejj(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2018
i follow the guy before me
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by haladadon: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
make I hear word abeg.
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by CodeTemplar: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
Maybe we should be exporting our leaders also.
Nigeria was never set up to be functional country but a conduit to oil money. I am not surprised we are trying to export something we don't enough of. The north is happy as long as they dominate the system and anything dangote or one of their artificial billionaire aren't ready to own is always going down.
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by StillX10(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
When have you finished giving us electricity that you want to give other countries?
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by Lipscomb(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
Its shall never well with pdp leaders.
Re: Nigeria To Export Electricity To West African Countries- TCN by mycar: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
If those countries can distribute effectively, why can't we? A working government should have mandated all the distribution companies to get power to everywhere in the country but not in our own case.

(1) (Reply)

Nyd Picks 17 Presidential Candidate For National Presidential Debate 2019 / Your Candidates Are Fake, Including you - Oshiomhole blasts Amosun, Okorocha / We Can’t Give Education To All Children, Says Kano Gov’t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.