Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country (24746 Views)

Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries / Why Is Dangote Cement More Expensive In Nigeria Than Other Countries / Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Olajah81: 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
FindX:
Peanuts as usual.

U have coconut head...
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by okerekeikpo: 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
Afonjas will start shouting na we na we but in actual sense na Igbos dey send all the money o wetin Afonjas know na to use their money for owambe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Enemyofpeace: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
It's true

Imagine being a lesbian,waiting for your girlfriend to finish her menses. When she's done, you start yours. TWO IDIOTS

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by bujebudanu1(m): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
You know how much pounds be.
£1k na over #400k

Send it twice and start building your house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by globemoney01: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Make those USA and Canadian crew, come shout again.....
This is just for UK residents learn to read

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Enemyofpeace: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Afonjas will start shouting na we na we but in actual sense na Igbos dey send all the money o wetin Afonjas know na to use their money for owambe
it's UK they are talking about and not Malaysia nor India

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by nwabobo: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
SanusiGworo:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 please move this to the right section.

Who says those of us in UK are stingy?
https://punchng.com/nigerians-residing-in-uk-top-list-of-money-senders-world-bank/

How can this be possible when Nigerians in the diaspora remitted a total of N22bn in 2017?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Omonoba1: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

It is actually surprising cos the population of Nigerians in USA is probably double that of the UK. One would expect Nigerians in USA to top that list.
From my understanding of the article, it doesn't mean Nigerians in the UK send more money to Nigeria than those in the USA. They only compared Nigerians in the UK with other nationalities.. I may be wrong though.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Lexusgs430: 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
globemoney01:

This is just for UK residents learn to read

I cannot read......
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by remi4ever(m): 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
SanusiGworo:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 please move this to the right section.

Who says those of us in UK are stingy?
https://punchng.com/nigerians-residing-in-uk-top-list-of-money-senders-world-bank/

I am not saying u people are stingy oh!! but just 200Euro don do me for christmas!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by globemoney01: 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Omonoba1:
From my understanding of the article, it doesn't mean Nigerians in the UK send more money to Nigerian than those in the USA. They only compared Nigerians in the UK with other nationalities.. I may be wrong though.
You are right! Fake news lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by bigpicture001: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
...yet the idiots will be buying china dix,china dt...we should only embrace a ation dat embaces us and stop foolishly enriching china....stupid country
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by globemoney01: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
nwabobo:

How can this be possible when Nigerians in the diaspora remitted a total of N22bn in 2017?
This is just for UK residents before you go and quote this fake news like Peter Obi cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by nwabobo: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
globemoney01:

This is just for UK residents before you go and quote this fake news like Peter Obi cheesy cheesy

That amount is too small to be the highest, that's my point.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Xfactor22: 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

It is actually surprising cos the population of Nigerians in USA is probably double that of the UK. One would expect Nigerians in USA to top that list.
People in US selfish die

I have 2 uncles in UK, they send money steady.

But the one in US,once in 6 months grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by wilcox(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
nothingspoil70:
I am not going to Canada again
You want to dump Canada for UK, are you alright?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by AreaFada2: 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Whatever the case, Nigerians in UK send awful lot of money. If you have lived in several countries in the West, you will know.

While UK residents mostly send cash (either officially through money transfer service or cash through friends & relatives going home), residents in Canada, USA, Germany and so on also send cars and trucks as a way of sending money home. Due to the wheel drive in Nigeria being dissimilar to UK one. Those cars are then sold in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Sholaco: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by gr8child(m): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
When their home people no go gree dem rest.

I know someone who bought a brand new 45 KVA generator for his community centre in his hometown. When the thing packed up 3 months later due to poor management, they asked him to send money to fix it. They also said that he should send money monthly for diesel.

Nigerians can like to weigh you down with their problems. When you die from the stress, they'll move on to your children and pressure them into throwing a "befitting" burial and expect the children to take over your responsibilities.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by GavelSlam: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Make those USA and Canadian crew, come shout again.....

When time reach, then go say all Nigerian's in the UK dey collect benefits + sleep inside small houses........

At least UK residents still have a good giving heart, regardless of all the negatives those wey never enter plane before dey talk.........

If you follow the mouth of the average Nigerian online, you go dey reluctant to do good.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Lexusgs430: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

If you follow the mouth of the average Nigerian online, you go dey reluctant to do good.

Indeed...... Those asking me to read the report properly, should face the main content of the message......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by cattylove7(f): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
These days it is a broad money that is running naija not Nigeria money www.cattylovegist.com
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by lawani: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Remittance are a great source of forex for Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Kharol1234: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
wen mama chinedu and r husband, iya tosyne and r husband with extend family no allow d pikin rest for uk...
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Naijaforeigner: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Omonoba1:
From my understanding of the article, it doesn't mean Nigerians in the UK send more money to Nigeria than those in the USA. They only compared Nigerians in the UK with other nationalities.. I may be wrong though.

You are actually right, I was the one that did not read well.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by mu2sa2: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why can't Peter OBI quote this in his debate instead of China, China, China?
Everything about Obi is fake, that's way he kept mentioning china, the biggest source of fake products.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by duptie(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
mad dog............. mumu dey ur head omojatijati
MrThisandthat:
Na because say na Yoruba people full here... Them too dey do sense, bring money make we flex... They will rather send it to Ijebu Ode so dem pple go invest in amala business...

Afonjas... Tufia!
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by chucs: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ndi USA aka anaghi adi ka akworo akwo.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Tywo2018: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
U.k people wey stingy like anything please disregard this post abeg
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by 989900: 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Stats are suspect.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
And that's why the commission is outrageous.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lolzzz... 70% of that money na G- money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.