Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country (24747 Views)

Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries / Why Is Dangote Cement More Expensive In Nigeria Than Other Countries / Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by godwon01(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
If not becouse of this money a lot of Nigerian would have die untimely death. The money is rarely pushing the economy to where it is supposed to be . Making the grassroots people not to feel the misrule of our satanic rulers running the affairs of the country. That is the reason why people are ready to die at the meditarranean sea.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by godwon01(m): 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Afonjas will start shouting na we na we but in actual sense na Igbos dey send all the money o wetin Afonjas know na to use their money for owambe
The headlines say Nigerian in the UK. Don't cause another discussion U will not be able to finish. Enough of tribal sentiments. We are all one.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Trybes(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
For a whole year, fact is that looks small
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by chigoizie7(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
G boys send 70% of those money.
if u know, u know.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by drakeli: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
Many of you guys can’t comprehend simple English. This is a comparison between different nationalities in the UK out of which Nigerians come first. This doesn’t compare or have anything to do with the US.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Ugosample(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
Trybes:
For a whole year, fact is that looks small

that figure may not be correct
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by funshwo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chilaka Ukpo be na Umunama bia lekwa nwa gi oooo
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by tempest01(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
Do they also take into consideration that some of these monies sent, they might also recurrent the equivalent in GBP, and not all transfers are gifts.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by mercyville: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Make those USA and Canadian crew, come shout again.....

When time reach, then go say all Nigerian's in the UK dey collect benefits + sleep inside small houses........

At least UK residents still have a good giving heart, regardless of all the negatives those wey never enter plane before dey talk.........

Na those mofos because dem know say Na Yoruba People plenty pass for UK.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by loganx: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
are you all joking or what!? 3.27m pounds in a whole year
Check how much was sent from Nigeria to UK in the same year, especially for school fees and upkeep.
Jokers!!!
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Baroba(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
gr8child:
When their home people no go gree dem rest.

I know someone who bought a brand new 45 KVA generator for his community centre in his hometown. When the thing packed up 3 months later due to poor management, they asked him to send money to fix it. They also said that he should send money monthly for diesel.

Nigerians can like to weigh you down with their problems. When you die from the stress, they'll move on to your children and pressure them into throwing a "befitting" burial and expect them to take your responsibilities to them.

Send your account details...lol
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Jrevelation(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Uk people wey be say na naira directly den dey always send dey know the exchange rate than people wey dey naija self
all of them wey i know na naira den dey send
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by addictiv(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
misleading topic
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by lastempero: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
ednut1:
that amount can not be correct jor. pple exchange money thru means that cannot be captured

Na for people wey know howfa bro.u truly know the math.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by sweetilicious(f): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
If i travel to Australia,am going to work and earn so as to take care of my loved ones too.
Flexherbal:
They feel for their families.

Their is hunger in this land.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by deebrownneymar: 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
SanusiGworo:

Who says those of us in UK are stingy?
https://punchng.com/nigerians-residing-in-uk-top-list-of-money-senders-world-bank/

Who dash UK? If I hear. Very stingy lunatics. Some will come to Naija and still beg you to pay their bills. Stingy devils.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Empiree: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
MrThisandthat:
Na because say na Yoruba people full here... Them too dey do sense, bring money make we flex... They will rather send it to Ijebu Ode so dem pple go invest in amala business...

Afonjas... Tufia!
grin
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Empiree: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
Triangles1:
They send the money to Nigeria for charity or to build house?. If you have relatives in UK and you're expecting Christmas gift, oyo lowa, I preferred to task people in U.S than U.K, but don't blame londoner they have to pay task for every breath in and out.
Taxes you mean. Is it not the same in US?
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by AFONJACOW(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
and some idiots will tell us abroad hard make we no come, but If u tell them to come back they won't agree, South Korea loading 85% Buhari should do whatever that pleases him with Nigeria ,pvc no work my visa go work
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Empiree: 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
AreaFada2:
Whatever the case, Nigerians in UK send awful lot of money. If you have lived in several countries in the West, you will know.

While UK residents mostly send cash (either officially through money transfer service or cash through friends & relatives going home), residents in Canada, USA, Canada and so on also send cars and trucks as a way of sending money home. Due to the wheel drive in Nigeria being dissimilar to UK one. Those cars are then sold in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by GoodFaith: 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When time reach, then go say all Nigerian's in the UK dey collect benefits + sleep inside small houses........

At least UK residents still have a good giving heart, regardless of all the negatives those wey never enter plane before dey talk.........

Be careful about information
How was this information collected and analyze
Money send through banks?
Moneygram and Western Union?
Money sent through Friends and people visiting?
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
GoodFaith:

Be careful about information
How was this information collected and analyze
Money send through banks?
Moneygram and Western Union?
Money sent through Friends and people visiting?

We are talking about proper data collection, not cowboys..........

By the time you include friends and family transfer and unregistered transfer portals....... The figure go break scale.......
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by GoodFaith: 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

We are talking about proper data collection, not cowboys..........

By the time you include friends and family transfer and unregistered transfer portals....... The figure go break scale.......
Meaning?
Nigerians in UK top people send money home?
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
GoodFaith:

Meaning?
Nigerians in UK top people send money home?

Don't understand........
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by sunbilor(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The comparison is between Nigerians in the UK and other nationals resident in the UK. The article is not comparing the remittances of Nigerians in the UK with those of Nigerians elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Lexusgs430: 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
sunbilor:
The comparison is between Nigerians in the UK and other nationals resident in the UK. The article is not comparing the remittances of Nigerians in the UK with those of Nigerians elsewhere.

I have heard this repeated numerously......... It clarifies a preconceived notion...........
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Triangles1:
They send the money to Nigeria for charity or to build house?. If you have relatives in UK and you're expecting Christmas gift, oyo lowa, I preferred to task people in U.S than U.K, but don't blame londoner they have to pay task for every breath in and out.

I surprise with this list. Londoners wey stingy like tomorrow no dey.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by AlhajaChinyere: 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerians are pretty useless, a whole ffking Punch Newspaper couldn't even get the number correct. I am sure we remit much more than 6billion dollars annually.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by AlhajaChinyere: 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
sacluxisback:

I surprise with this list. Londoners wey stingy like tomorrow no dey.

Alaye, I love it when perpetual beggars call me stingy. Year in year out, kilode. Ffk off.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
nothingspoil70:
I am not going to Canada again

Bros go that your Canada o...

Nigerians for UK dey hungry. This figure na wash.
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Alaye, I love it when perpetual beggars call me stingy. Year in year out, kilode. Ffk off.

See this fool.

I Sabi your papa before?
Re: Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country by AlhajaChinyere: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Who dash UK? If I hear. Very stingy lunatics. Some will come to Naija and still beg you to pay their bills. Stingy devils.

Eleri GBE. Onigbese, I love it when you wasteful arungun call me stingy. Begging begging agbalagba beggars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges / Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.