Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? (38768 Views)

Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by bjnice(m): 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Thanks for your advice. I will not rush. I am in the research phase and will carry out due diligence.

I'd stayed briefly in Ibadan when I was younger. Well, since you asked I'd give you my honest observations, nothing personal. It was dirty, a bit rough, political thuggery was rampant, slight traffic, water shortage during dry season, rampant electricity outage, troublesome neighbours and some funny body odour, especially in the cabs. Lol. The city is very large yet there are no major industries or work except transportation, and trading. Though less aggressive than Lagos, the atmosphere was like Lagos. I don't want a place like Lagos. Only Bodija and Bashorun areas were my favourites. But it's possible things have changed now as I've not been for years.

Bro, though u exclude ogun state out of ur list, but u can give a second thought to Abk. A nice environment fast becoming a new commercial city with new infrastructure development

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nehemz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
spiralwedge:
I'm tired of Lagos. Can anyone suggest a city or town in Nigeria one can move to to start all over again? Or even neighbouring countries?

Has anyone done that? Has anyone moved away from the hustling and buzzling of Lagos and maybe Ogun, to another part of the country where he/she doesn't know anyone to stay with, rent an accommodation, and find something doing to bring in income?

I want a laid-back, cheap, secured and peaceful place.

Please share. Will love to learn from you.
Try Kaduna state
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by tzoracle: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Here is my own advice from the places I have stayed in

Enugu- CVS, serene, safe, pipe borne water in areas occupied by the middle class and above tho 750 gallons tanker costs 2,500-3,000, self cons range from 110K-250k whilst 2-3 bedroom flats range from 200K-450K and as for duplex 400K-2M where I stay (GRA) and using that as an index it might be cheaper elsewhere, Business is a real challenge if you're not well informed as Enugu people have a certain type of mentality.

Uyo- CVS, extremely beautiful, safe, with 50k you don get borehole, self con is usually 150K MAX, 2-3 bedroom flats range from 150K-400K, duplex is 350K-600K and I used to stay around oron road. You'd make a killing with transportation business, the state university there is just 8 years old and there isn't much development yet such as restaurants, clubs and cinemas.

If you need more info, I'll supply you.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
SoNature:

How can one not be tired of Lagos?
Lagos is a place where people make money...that's where it ends
If you grew up in peaceful places, you will have a hard time understanding Lagos madness
Transportation fares are extremely expensive
It's as though almost everyone in Lagos is mad, especially their commercial bus drivers
It's only in Lagos that bus seats don't have foams...just planks and plastic chairs in front seats
It's only in Lagos that conductors insult u because u don't have change
It's only in Lagos that people proudly give wrong direction to strangers instead of simply saying, "I don't know!"
It's only in Lagos that bus drivers break traffic laws, lies down to beg and Lastma official says no, the driver goes buck naked just to appear mad
It's only in Lagos that people scratch your car and they expect you to understand that it's a normal thing
Lagos is the capital of crime in Nigeria
It's only in Lagos that people spend 4-6 hours in traffic...and make a beautiful story out of it
Abnormal things are normal in Lagos
Conductors smell like pigs
Lagos is dirt/filthy
Lagos is home to the highest population of touts in Nigeria
Lagos taxes are some of the highest in Nigeria
The list is endless...
In summary, Lagos represents why nothing works in Nigeria
I am not hating; I am saying it the way it is...
Yes, I live in Lagos

I agree 100% with everything you said. I hate driving in Lagos traffic. I just keep my car at home and use Uber or Taxify. I now see why Lagosians have a shorter lifespan compared to their counterparts in other states.

Yes we make money in Lagos but do we really enjoy it?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Kingsley10000: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
Graciousnaija:
Try Sokoto. I have been there multiple times this year and it is really peaceful. But keep to your lane there o!
do you reside in sokoto sir
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by sogodihno: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
Everyone is just saying Ibadan, Ibadan, abeg! dont spoil Ibadan for us o, dont turn it to another Lagos, dont come and overpopulate the city.

And no one is mentioning states or city in the east, why? I plan of serving there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by propsvila: 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lagos still stand tall among other Cities in Nigeria. Lagos might be stressful, have many hours wasted on traffic, suffer from improper waste disposal system but the truth remains that you can not make in these cities how much you make in Lagos.
I wanted to relocate to Enugu to kick start my startup business but on getting to Enugu I found out that it cannever be like Lagos both in terms of brand exposure, networking and marketing so I have to rush back to Lagos and I think I am not regretting it, although I might relocate in the future but I will never close down my business in Lagos.
I don't know the business you are into but remember that Lagos has the largest market so there is already market for your products and services
Think and think very well before leaving Lagos
Good Luck to you.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by oyejideogunjumo: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ibadan. Oyo state

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ikpuchinonye(m): 10:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
tzoracle:

Enugu- CVS, serene, safe, pipe borne water in areas occupied by the middle class and above tho 750 gallons tanker costs 2,500-3,000, self cons range from 110K-250k whilst 2-3 bedroom flats range from 200K-450K and as for duplex 400K-2M where I stay (GRA) and using that as an index it might be cheaper elsewhere, Business is a real challenge if you're not well informed as Enugu people have a certain type of mentality.

Uyo- CVS, extremely beautiful, safe, with 50k you don get borehole, self con is usually 150K MAX, 2-3 bedroom flats range from 150K-400K, duplex is 350K-600K and I used to stay around oron road. You'd make a killing with transportation business, the state university there is just 8 years old and there isn't much development yet such as restaurants, clubs and cinemas.

I think real estate business is booming in Enugu.. Many malls are springing up in the city but house rent in Enugu is the most expensive in the east.Enugu is one of the states with the highest number of estates, the city is almost filled up with estates..
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Femijohn198: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Why not relocate to Borno state because bokoharam has drive every landlord from there home, and you can get free accommodation.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by fk001(m): 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
arasheed4und:
Try Jalingo, Taraba State

No business prospect in Taraba.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by faragai24: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Try YOBE or BORNO STATES
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ikpuchinonye(m): 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
propsvila:
Lagos still stand tall among other Cities in Nigeria. Lagos might be stressful, have many hours wasted on traffic, suffer from improper waste disposal system but the truth remains that you can not make in these cities how much you make in Lagos.
I wanted to relocate to Enugu to kick start my startup business but on getting to Enugu I found out that it cannever be like Lagos both in terms of brand exposure, networking and marketing so I have to rush back to Lagos and I think I am not regretting it, although I might relocate in the future but I will never close down my business in Lagos.
I don't know the business you are into but remember that Lagos has the largest market so there is already market for your products and services
Think and think very well before leaving Lagos
Good Luck to you.
no city can match Lagos in nigeria for now..if you are into real estate, education or transportation Enugu is good for that

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by segzyndpep(m): 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
spiralwedge:
I'm tired of Lagos. Can anyone suggest a city or town in Nigeria one can move to to start all over again? Or even neighbouring countries?

Has anyone done that? Has anyone moved away from the hustling and buzzling of Lagos and maybe Ogun, to another part of the country where he/she doesn't know anyone to stay with, rent an accommodation, and find something doing to bring in income?

Please try ilorin.i also relocated 7years ago and it has been so peaceful.Though i still visit lagos once or twice a month.but i find peace in ilorin.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by johnkey: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
Aleora:
Akure
akure is cool asf I schooled there. I'm definitely moving there someday. Alagbaka on my mind.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by julyb(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ibadan is the new Lagos. 5 years from now, you will regret not owning a land/house in Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by KunleyY19(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ilorin is just cool or Akure
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by hollamanng(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
please don't bring that you RE WICKED grin grin grin grin

Aleora:
Akure
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by bravesoul247(m): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
drmikeadams:
UYO....search no more
bro. I need to relocate there. You fit connect me with job?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
Come to port Harcourt.
You could get a job same week you enter town if you're into IT. With good connections you'll soon find yourself in oil and gas industry.
There are unsafe places as well as good places. Good roads everywhere. For housing, you'll get 2bedroom flat for 250 in rupokwu. but don't stay out beyond 9/10 to avoid stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by CityNGR: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Thanks. You have really motivated me. Will open my ears and shine my eyes very well when I am there.

Resener13, sherylbakky, I don't like Ibadan. Unless maybe I try suburbs.

Drmikeadams, heard Uyo is VERY expensive. Can only go that far if I'm assured of an income generating business or engagement.

Aleora, Fonzie2u, been to Akure twice on official visits and didn't get to move out on my own. I loved it. I still remember we stayed in an hotel in Alagbaka and the second time in Òke-Jebu. 2 lovely serene places. But I really don't know much about the city. I remember we passed a busy place/market and we were told it's called Ọjà Ọba.
What are the entrepreneural prospects and accommodation rates? Room/self contained for a start or a mini flat?

Aleora, can I whatsapp on your biz line?

Izuogu1, I will have to visit Enugu first. The closest I've been was Asaba, though I love Asaba but it's too dry commercially. Looks like a civil servants city.

Haryoureendey4, thanks but from what I read and heard on the media and people, Kano can be very volatile. I was told it always appear peaceful but when violence sparks it is usually unannounced. Kano and any where else in the core North are No No please.

Avoid Oba ile housing estate Akure ... Family heads die like chickens there!!

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Eben11: 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ilorin is another nice place aside dat looting machine
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Tochex101(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
beylinko:

being wondering who will mention these places. the are all good place to settle down. i schooled in minna, a beautiful place and presently lives in kebbi where you have about 24 hours electricity, good road and water.
How about the weather, is there religious/ethnic tolerance?
How big is the birnin kebbi......
How is the social life there......
Is it a modern town......
What is the average cost of accommodation.....
Is there steady and affordable supply of food, fuel and power.......
I like peace and adventure, are there any natural or wild life parks?.......
I await your response Sir.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by puretayo(m): 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2018
Just relocated to enugu.
Izuogu1:
Are u married with kids? What do u do for a living? Do u have enough financial backup? Why not try Enugu, a very peaceful state. I'm in Enugu and will entertain your questions.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by franchasng: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
spiralwedge:

Within Nigeria, consider:

1.) Asaba Delta State

2.) Enugu, Enugu state

3.) Ile Ife, Osun state; start electronics Biz or phone sales Biz there

Outside Nigeria/within West Africa:

1.) Lome, Togo; electronics move there like fire with good profit margin. Fashion Biz too

2.) Kenya; automobile spare parts Biz and fashion Biz

Don't go to Ghana or Benin Republic. Don't go to Ivory Coast or Liberia or Cameroon or CAR.

Don't go to South Africa or Zimbabwe.

Angola is also okay.

Europe:

1.) Germany

2.) Norway

3.) Switzerland if u can ever get the visa

Don't go to UK, France, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Sweden, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, etc, nothing is happening there.

You can only go to UK if u are a medical doctor, or a nurse, if not, na hand to mouth till old age lipsrsealed

USA the best nation u can go to if u can get the visa.

Australia very cool too.

Canada, be very careful and prepared for uncertainty and to start schooling afresh undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by bigiyaro(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
solomonaudu560:
just come to jos plateau already
what kind of biz is moving in Jos?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by beejaylaxy1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
I relocated from Lagos to Ibadan around June this year, I don't regret the decision bro, maybe because I am self-employed and my business is online-based so Location was never a barrier. Ibadan is peaceful, neat, accommodation is fairly cheaper than it is in Lagos.
If you have the mind-set of getting a white-collar job or your business is going to be largely dependent on offline customers, seek somewhere else. Electricity?, I rate am 7/10.
spiralwedge:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by bigiyaro(m): 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
arasheed4und:
Try Jalingo, Taraba State
what biz can one do in jalingo?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Resener12(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
kevwemanuel:

Chisoss!!! For real? Thanks for this info. Is there light and water there? How far is it in terms of transport cost from Oluyole?
Lol, no go there ooo. That place no be ibadan, Na another town in Oyo State
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by bigiyaro(m): 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
tzoracle:

do u think beer parlour will thrive in uyo? also do you have any idea about crayfish biz there?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Resener12(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Felixv:

I would also recommend Ibadan --I bought land in elebu about 10yrs ago (250k/plot) -now that same place is a new town.

And when the lagos ibadan railway line completes it would become a gold mine.

I am just looking forward to that time with high hopes. It reminds me of what happened in badore (from about 2m/to 15m)

I think the OP needs to tell us more about himself -work/business ,family etc.
Ibadan is just like lagos with less stress. You can get all things you need in Lagos in Ibadan, same structure. You go too enjoy life on Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abuja Photographer Thanks God For Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 3 Persons / See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.