Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? (38769 Views)

Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:16am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:
I'm learning a lot. Please let's not use sentiments, so that we can at least have a true firsthand picture of things.

The thing is business/commercial activities are not enough, serenity and easy living must go hand in hand with it. Water, security, good road, friendly people, laid-back approach to life etc.

Has anyone lived in Jos, Lafia or Minna?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by 1972xy: 5:18am On Dec 25, 2018
The best place to live in south west is Akure.
2 bedroom Apartment in Akure ranges between #100 k and #150k.
With a capital of #1.5m you can start a business of buying and selling of cocoa beans. (Cool money)

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:21am On Dec 25, 2018
Ordinarily I would say that the best bet for you is PH. Most people demonize the place as not being peaceful due to mainstream media but in reality it is not so. In woji in PH there is almost 24hrs electricity. pH is very much business friendly too.
spiralwedge:
I'm learning a lot. Please let's not use sentiments, so that we can at least have a true firsthand picture of things.

The thing is business/commercial activities are not enough, serenity and easy living must go hand in hand with it. Water, security, good road, friendly people, laid-back approach to life etc.

Has anyone lived in Jos, Lafia or Minna?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:41am On Dec 25, 2018
There's badoo cultists in Lagos who hack people to death in their sleep. Cultism isn't a problem in PH, you only hear of cultists operating in the other satellite towns like omoku and some parts of Rivers State,
not PH. Cultists won't attack you in Rivers if you're not a cultist.
chinochizzy:
Hello everyone pls am into cosmetics business and am thinking of relocating to Port Harcourt but the problem is that I don't know how viable is cosmetics business in pH and secondly everybody is talking of cultists there in pH which is making me get lil scared

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ttmax09(m): 5:43am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:

Wow... You lived there before or you know someone who does?

I thought there were news of violence in Sokoto and Kebbi. Sokoto is not North Central o!
Remove minna electricity supply is really poor n it's a civil servant state
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:45am On Dec 25, 2018
Pls teach me o.
1johnjohn:
Contact me If you love to sell online so you can live any where!
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by scarphase(m): 5:46am On Dec 25, 2018
1972xy:
The best place to live in south west is Akure.
2 bedroom Apartment in Akure ranges between #100 k and #150k.
With a capital of #1.5m you can start a business of buying and selling of cocoa beans. (Cool money)
How does the cocoa business work? Do you have information? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2018
I don't even live in Lagos and I'm tired of it cheesy
Zzyy:
How can one be tired of lagos

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 5:59am On Dec 25, 2018
You people just haven't been to PH. There's absolutely no business that can thrive in Lagos that cannot thrive in PH.
Have I mentioned Abuja? Where you can literally blow overnight with the right connection?
ikpuchinonye:
no city can match Lagos in nigeria for now..if you are into real estate, education or transportation Enugu is good for that
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Omudia11: 6:04am On Dec 25, 2018
Lmao, where did you put PH?
Resener12:

Even offline customers. Which cities has more offline customers than Ibadan except abuja and Lagos ?
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by hardbody: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:

What are the cheapest room s/contained rates?
And job and business prospects?

Land lord is talking....
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ikpuchinonye(m): 6:24am On Dec 25, 2018
Resener12:

Which Enugu? You no hear when e say e run comot for enugu. Enugu good Na him people no Dey stay there. Not good for business
read his post again oga, people dey run comot from Lagos enter Accra too or even Togo e no mean say Lagos no good..It depends on what you are into. Enugu is better when compared to states in SW..

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by AngelJennifer: 6:26am On Dec 25, 2018
Omudia11:
What Hahahahah! Looks like you last visited PH in 1980. Which self contain in PH goes for those amounts?

He is right. Ph is not as expensive as people claimed. Even the universities that people claimed are quite expensive are the easiest to survive in. It is a place where you decide if you would live an expensive life or simply manage.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ehinmowo: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:
I'm tired of Lagos. Can anyone suggest a city or town in Nigeria one can move to to start all over again? Or even neighbouring countries?

Has anyone done that? Has anyone moved away from the hustling and buzzling of Lagos and maybe Ogun, to another part of the country where he/she doesn't know anyone to stay with, rent an accommodation, and find something doing to bring in income?

I want a laid-back, cheap, secured and peaceful place.

Please share. Will love to learn from you.

In terms of peace, business and comfortable livelihood, I suggest Ibadan. Peace and agriculture, Edo State, business but uncertain security, Kano, Kaduna and Jos.

P

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by ikpuchinonye(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2018
Resener12:

Which Enugu? You no hear when e say e run comot for enugu. Enugu good Na him people no Dey stay there. Not good for business
Enugu is more organized, developed and peaceful than in ibadam..real estate is a big bizness in Enugu unlike in ibadam..ibadam is just an old City filled with backward people

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by marvinsync(m): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2018
Contumely:

Which lie?

Is there water in Enugu? A gallon of water 30 litres sells at 50 naira around college road close to UNN Enugu Campus.

No water. You cant get boreholes because of topography. People use wells.

Is there money?

How will the op survive?

How will he cope with language?

The city is cursed sef.

.Accommodation?

Shitty 9 by 8 selfcons goes for 230 to 250k at the same place.

Have seen the type of accommodation in the neighbouring Awka? 120 to 170k selfcon in Awka is frosh with water, sit out added even.

I know the reason why there are no much houses in Enugu especially selfcons. I wouldn't go into that except anybody demands.

Let me stop here.

Is there food?

Is there business?

Which is lie?

so because u went to unn that means u know the whole of Enugu?

yes water is an issue but everything else u said is wrong and total bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by 1johnjohn(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Omudia11:
Pls teach me o.

Chat with me..
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Try Ilorin. Eatery/ transportation services/pure water/solar energy/and eatery again. Major business in Ilorin.

2bedroom goes for 120k
Selfcon-70k
Light -minimum of 10hrs perday

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by olamy7(m): 7:36am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:

Coincidentally I'm visiting Ilesha for an event by month end. It will be my 2nd time there when I visit.
What are income generating prospects there?
pls, don't try any where in odun state..so so dry both in kudi and activities

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2018
tzoracle:

Why achara layout ps ?

its a fast developing real estate area in Enugu city. You don't expect me to leave Lagos and go and get a house in a rural community in Enugu.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by 1johnjohn(m): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2018
samuelchimmy:

I'm interested

Chat with me
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by donbrowser(m): 7:43am On Dec 25, 2018
Resener13:

Relocate to ibadan. That’s your best bet aside Lagos
You are. Cheap housing and transportation too.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2018
viktor88:

I have plans to relocate to Enugu by March, how much can I get I self con or flat??
prices depends on the side in enugu.. I pays 15k monthly in my current apartment. 3 bedroom flat (very large rooms and palour) in Enugu East.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by touchplay(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2018
spiralwedge:
In my quest online, i found this

1. Ibadan: Life is relatively cheap in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state. Transport fares in Ibadan range from N20 to N150. This price can be beaten down, depending on the bargaining power of the passenger. Even motorcyclists fares range from N30 to – depends on where you're going to.

2. Lagos: If you're not well boxed up, don't step into Lagos ''Danfo'' (the name for the commercial bus), else you may be stranded and embarrassed. Lagos transport fares are scary. What you spend on transport fares in Lagos in a day is enough to cater for feeding in some cities, and travel to neighbouring communities. The lowest transport fare in Lagos is N50, and that's for the shortest imaginable distance. Especially during fuel scarcity, transport fares in Lagos hit the roof. Some people spend more than half of their income on transport fares in Lagos. Transports fare in Lagos is as high as N300, even more. Tricycles charge from N50 to N100. Motorcycles charge as high as N2,500 for far distance. Terrible traffic is also one of the frustrations with Lagos transportation.

3. Osogbo: A capital city that is as cheap as Osogbo is not so many in Nigeria. Life is very affordable in the Osun state capital. The popular public transport in the city known as 'Korope' range from N30 per boarding. Motorcycles rates is similar to that of ''Korope''. It ranges from N30 to N50.

4. Akure: Akure, the capital city of Ondo state is also an affordable city with cheap transport fares. The least transport fare to major parts of the city is pegged at N50, while the highest is N70.

5. Owerri: Life is expensive in Owerri, the capital of Imo state. The city is divided into three – North, West and Municipal. Municipal is the core government area. 'Tricycle', otherwise known as 'Keke maruwa' is mostly used for commercial transportation in Owerri Municipal. Motorcycles operate in North and West. The least transport fare is N50 for any drop, while the highest is N70.

6. Abuja: Life is expensive in Abuja. The commercial transport fares in some remote parts is at N150 at the least. A taxi drop in the nation's capital is charged at N500 or more.

7. Port Harcourt: Life is expensive in Port Harcourt. With not much difference from Abuja in transport fares. Commercial transportation in the town is around N100 to N150, and depends on your destination.

8. Kaduna: With life relatively cheap in Kaduna, it goes same with transport fares. The least transport fare in Kaduna is N50. In most cases where you don't have up to such amount, you can bargain to N40. The highest is N100.

9. Abeokuta: Life is at an average affordability in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital. The cheapest transport fare in Abeokuta is N50.

10. Ilorin: With life affordable in Ilorin, the least transport fare is N50, while the highest is N150, and still depends on your destination. Ilorin can be likened to Ibadan in terms of cost of transportation and food items.

11. Ebonyi: The least fare is N50, highest is N100. But because of fuel issues, it rose to N150 to some parts of the state. Motorcycle rates in Ebonyi range from N50 to N100.

From: nigerianbulletin(DOT) com/threads/public-transport-fares-in-major-cities-across-nigeria.221656/
oga stop misleading people...owerri has no tricycle or bikes running in the city(u only find bikes/keke in villages outside owerri town)been abolished for more than a year ago by the governor. only mini buses and cabs are present in owerri ryt now...and mostly ranges from N100 normal stops,or N50 on very short distances. in owerri jobs there hotel workers,club house workers,bankers,and civil servants. big supermarkets can strive there,and eateries too,lastly if u know hw cook good food/ restaurant or to make nice Shawama on a good site,sell with drinks / ice cream,u will make it there .wanted to venture into it wen i ws schooling there buh village people didnt allow mi.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2018
emperorblog21:

how is enugu sir.
what the house,rent there like.

which business move well there sir? and also,which location is good to move to.
Enugu is fine.
House rent in Enugu depends on the part and type of building. U can get a one room face-me-I-face-u at 2-4k monthly in Enugu East. Average of 13k upwards for a 2-3 bedroom flat.
Many businesses moves well here.. Like Transportation, Tourism aka Oringo (hotel, fast food, restaurants, bar, brothel etc) trading, and many more..
Location to move in for a start depends on your nature of job/business and how financially buoyant you are. Abakpa Nike is always recommended for an average Nigerian.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2018
puretayo:
Just relocated to enugu.
welcome. Which part? Please share your experience so far

1 Like

Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2018
Bamidey:

Shed more light on the transportation business aspect..
Keke Napepe. Town service bus. (I intentionally leave cab because Keke has taken over their customers.)
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Meklex:
where can I find cheap self con in Enugu capital city?
well, I can't give u a correct answer to this because I don't know.
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Solatium(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2018
Suspect33:
broda I am in my early 20s and want to relocate from lagos to a much serene environment like enugu, I plan on getting a mini bus for transportation biz, I want to know hw lucrative such biz are in enugu, and a single room safe contain would cost hw much? tnx

I smell a fugitive Yahoo boi here �
Re: Where Is Best Place To Resettle Aside From Lagos And Ogun? by Grupo(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2018
Izuogu1:
prices depends on the side in enugu.. I pays 15k monthly in my current apartment. 3 bedroom flat (very large rooms and palour) in Enugu East.

That's 180k for three bedroom. Are you sure you are not living in a village there. I live in abakaliki and pay 135k for a self contain.

My sister lives in Enugu, and she told me house rent is quite expensive in Enugu and I agree with her. How come you are paying such cheap rate in Enugu?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Abuja Photographer Thanks God For Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 3 Persons / See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.