Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:18 PM

Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos (42551 Views)

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor / Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by CastedDude: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
A man has passed away after he was allegedly neglected by a hospital after was stabbed by hoodlums in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state capital.

According to reports, the deceased simply identified as Progress Dennis was returning from his church (House On The Rock) after end of year Thanksgiving service, when he was stabbed by hoodlums after refusal to hand over his phone to them.

It was gathered that the man was rushed to a nearby hospital where the doctors requested that a deposit of N25,000 should be paid before the man will be admitted and taken care of.

According to reports, few minutes later, N30,000 was transferred to the hospital account and the doctors allegedly said they didn't receive any alert. While waiting for the alert the young man gave up the ghost.

The deceased was laid to rest on Tuesday, December 18 (today) at his hometown in Usokun, Degema Local Government Area in Rivers State.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-dies-after-being-abandoned-by-hospital-as-doctors-waited-for-alert-photos.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is so sad

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by GOFRONT(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
cool

Rip young man..

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by okrikaboi: 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
R.I.P Don't argue when rasked in port Harcourt just give them what they want without saying fimm.
As for the doctors, Nigerian doctors are one of the most heartless in the world they will never save life first I have experienced it first hand right before my eyes my friend died they are always sad. drifted and frustrated.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
I weep for my country. ..las las i go denounce naija..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Olodo24: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerian hospitals can never save a soul. It's always money, money and money. They even know nothing about first aid and emergency

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by martineverest(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
NMA wont see this unethical pratice,they only know how to strike for salary increment.....

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by hisgrace090: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
Naija style at work.

All naija doctors are good at is opening their own private hospitals and going on strike to shut down govt owned hospitals.

Bunch of crooks.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by excomarow(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerian Doctors N Nurses In Are Very Heartless.

I had an experience like that, I brought an accident victim to the hospital, it was a little girl of 10, 11 year old, took her to children ward were i met a nurse, she requested for card i said we don't have, and asked me to go get one before she can be treated. Guess how much was the card, '20 Naira', so i insisted the girl should start getting first aid but the nurse also insisted I go get the card before the treatment this little girl was bleeding, her face covered wit blood, i was also stained with her blood.

Bro i went mad, the worst part of it was that, the two nurses just sat down as if there was no patient their bleeding.

May God Help Us In This Country But We Need To Help Our Selves

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by cybug: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
We don't value human lives in this country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by tegamarro(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Chie what a Shame why do most Nigerians think money is everything.

12 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by yorex2011: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oh my
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Ifylicious: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
Is this datta hospital in woji? Nonsense hospital

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by khome(f): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
So sad....
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by ipobarecriminals: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
angry sad sad sad dey shud seal the useless hospital/ jail the Doc.

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by ZombieTAMER: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is Buharis Nigeria

If you are not YUSUF Buhari... Nobody will attend to you

8 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is BARBARIC.
Highly unacceptable.
How long do we continue with this prevalent issue?!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by PennywysCares(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
Life is business

We are not praying for things like this to happen, but don't blame the Nigerian doctors there are they for business, they have their responsibilities and people who depend on them. Most of Nigerian private hospitals are on rented apartment so they pay rent, pay the workers and equip the hospital with medications needed to care for patients all at the expense of their money.

So if they used the necessary medication for Mr A without him paying for it, there will be no medication for Mr B when he comes for it. Hospitals are not charity organization, even in government hospitals the health officers do make account to the appropriate authorities

So save the hatred and hash words and reason it as a business. The cost of managing a hospital is higher this days, try to listen to doctors side of the stories.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Denikayan: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
And the hospital wasnt burnt

PH guys no dey sharp where dem suppose sharp

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
okrikaboi:
R.I.P Don't argue when rasked in port Harcourt just give them what they want without saying fimm.
As for the doctors, Nigerian doctors are one of the most heartless in the world they will never save life first I have experienced it first hand right before my eyes my friend died they are always sad. drifted and frustrated.

All I will say to this is...

When hospitals have been left hanging after patients have not paid their bills, and flee...leading to hospital not being able to meet its financial obligaitons, which affects service to patients who do pay their bills....

Heartlessness is in order.

Sorry, but for once, try to see things from the other side. Hospitals need money to pay for stuff. Sometimes, it comes from the salaries of medical staff paying for 'indigent patients'.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by nazablossom(f): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
You cannot equate your phone with your life. The doctors on the other hand didn't try at all. A young man full of life died out of negligence.

Rest in peace .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by mictima(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by chicoMX(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
okrikaboi:
Don't argue anywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by mmadu5(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
This portacourt is turning into something else .make I jejely start dey look for house for owerri

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Jonadull: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
It’s like this South south region is cursed . Just like their neighbor .

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Frederick2017: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Too bad
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by sotomayor: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Daata hospital for my area undecided
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by tym92(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
k
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Abyberry: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is so painful. Vibrant young man. He didn't know he won't see 2019. Let's be careful this period biko. And as for those doctors who had the opportunity to save him but were more interested in money, God will judge them. As for the robbers, may they die a slow and painful death.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Texas Woman Suffers Burns As Hand Sanitiser Explodes As She Lights Candle / 7-Month-Old Baby's Head Continues To Swell As Parents Lament In Anambra (Photos) / Please Help, I'm Growing Bald At 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.