Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos (42553 Views)

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor / Ebonyi Takes Over Mission Hospital As 100-year Lease Expires / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by edicied: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
Something is missing
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by centitan(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
RIP to the dead... but you should not equate your life with a mere phone,all because of stubbornness he lost his life and phone ..omo na 2-0 ooo...
as for the hospital and doctor .... I comment my reserve...

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Abyberry:
This is so painful. Vibrant young man. He didn't know he won't see 2019. Let's be careful this period biko. And as for those doctors who had the opportunity to save him but were more interested in money, God will judge them. As for the robbers, may they die a slow and painful death.

So, where will hospitals get the money to pay for materials to treat patients?

Do you know how many hospitals have been left hanging by patients who don't pay bills?

Eventually, quality of servie falls because of debts owed...and you people will still complain.

Yes, doctors are bad...but the system isn't fair either.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by AkhereOkaka(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
CastedDude:
A man has passed away after he was allegedly neglected by a hospital after was stabbed by hoodlums in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state capital.

According to reports, the deceased simply identified as Progress Dennis was returning from his church (House On The Rock) after end of year Thanksgiving service, when he was stabbed by hoodlums after refusal to hand over his phone to them.

It was gathered that the man was rushed to a nearby hospital where the doctors requested that a deposit of N25,000 should be paid before the man will be admitted and taken care of.

According to reports, few minutes later, N30,000 was transferred to the hospital account and the doctors allegedly said they didn't receive any alert. While waiting for the alert the young man gave up the ghost.

The deceased was laid to rest on Tuesday, December 18 (today) at his hometown in Usokun, Degema Local Government Area in Rivers State.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-dies-after-being-abandoned-by-hospital-as-doctors-waited-for-alert-photos.html

The system failed you young man,
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Onyi22(f): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
Fail country Weak president Corrup citizens

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Olodo24:
Nigerian hospitals can never save a soul. It's always money, money and money. They even know nothing about first aid and emergency

Yes, so we should treat EVERYONE for free.....and at the end of the day, when quality of care suffers and private hospitals are forced to close because you know....no money anymore....

And who tald you we never save ANY soul?

Sigh.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Pat081: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
Why can he let d phone go u dead now and dos people will still go with ur phone now, but some of our doctors re so useless dey dnt care about peoples life always after money .RIP to d dead
CastedDude:
A man has passed away after he was allegedly neglected by a hospital after was stabbed by hoodlums in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state capital.

According to reports, the deceased simply identified as Progress Dennis was returning from his church (House On The Rock) after end of year Thanksgiving service, when he was stabbed by hoodlums after refusal to hand over his phone to them.

It was gathered that the man was rushed to a nearby hospital where the doctors requested that a deposit of N25,000 should be paid before the man will be admitted and taken care of.

According to reports, few minutes later, N30,000 was transferred to the hospital account and the doctors allegedly said they didn't receive any alert. While waiting for the alert the young man gave up the ghost.

The deceased was laid to rest on Tuesday, December 18 (today) at his hometown in Usokun, Degema Local Government Area in Rivers State.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-dies-after-being-abandoned-by-hospital-as-doctors-waited-for-alert-photos.html

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I weep for my country. ..las las i go denounce naija..
U go no where! We die here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by africantycoon: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
okrikaboi:
R.I.P Don't argue when rasked in port Harcourt just give them what they want without saying fimm.
As for the doctors, Nigerian doctors are one of the most heartless in the world they will never save life first I have experienced it first hand right before my eyes my friend died they are always sad. drifted and frustrated.
Most crime is committed by men. So based on this alone men should not be the leaders of the society!! Let's all usher in a feminist era ladies & gentlemen!

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by chigoizie7(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
NIGERIAN DOCTORS ,POLICE AND SOLDIERS ARE THE ONES I HATE THE MOST IN ALL PROFESSIONS IN THIS COUNTRY. AS DOCTORS BEING TOP ON THE LIST.

met a female doctor in a bus sometime in NNEWI, we were going on well with communication until she said she is a doctor. I just told her straight that I hate them, she asked why, I gave a small insight of my little experience and even where she works ( teaching hospital), never knew others were listening to our conversation, the moment she tried to defend the profession , everyone in the bus started dropping their own experiences.

she became so embarrassed and at some admitted that is was NIGERIAN FACTOR.

she suggested that we become friends to prove me wrong that they aint bad.
but ..................................
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by CoachOore: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
The doctor should be charge for man slaughter
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by JuanDeDios: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

All I will say to this is...

When hospitals have been left hanging after patients have not paid their bills, and flee...leading to hospital not being able to meet its financial obligaitons, which affects service to patients who do pay their bills....

Heartlessness is in order.

Sorry, but for once, try to see things from the other side. Hospitals need money to pay for stuff. Sometimes, it comes from the salaries of medical staff paying for 'indigent patients'.
I think most people will understand your point. But in this case, a sensible person would have struck a balance and commenced treatment since a transfer had purported to be done in their presence and we all know alerts sometimes delay. Even illiterate traders sometimes part with their wares without having seen "alert".

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
Las las naija na scam
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by sukerefakere(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is by far the best Country to live in. I love this country Nigeria but....

Joking ooo
Sithole
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
thry should collect d hospital licence and jail the doxtor on duty for manslaughter
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by BigBashiru: 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Denikayan:
And the hospital wasnt burnt

PH guys no dey sharp where dem suppose sharp
toxic masculinity.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
JuanDeDios:

I think most people will understand your point. But in this case, a sensible person would have struck a balance and commenced treatment since a transfer had purported to be done in their presence and we all know alerts sometimes delay. Even illiterate traders sometimes part with their wares without having seen "alert".

I know...

But I have worked in hospitals where doctors start treatment without payment...and then the patient absconds, and the hospital is left holding the debt.

And at the end of the day, it is choice between being heartless...or staying financially solvent to pay the bills,salaries,maintain standards.

The problem with Nigerians is that they want free stuff. Well....the thing is, there is no free stuff. Money has to be paid.Somehow.

Maybe we need a National Health Service,like the UK. Until the bill comes in....

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Princedapace(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Fvck this country.. What nonsense. Many death could av been avoided in this country..

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing..
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by OROZ(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hospitals like this should be shut down for others to learn so such thing doesn't repeat itself, this is painful, the law should intervene immediately.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Laird(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
As a Medic, I went to buy More Expensive Branded Pain killers for My Mum from a pharmacy.

I paid about 4 times the Price of the Unbranded Painkiller for the Branded Painkiller...... GUESS WHAT THE PHARMACY DID NOT COLLECT ONE KOBO LESS FROM THE MONEY. AND I PAID IN FULL BEFORE I WAS GIVEN THE DRUGS TO GO WITH

IF THE GOVERNMENT HAD FUNCTIONAL FREE EMERGENCY STABILISATION CLINICS WITHIN EVERY ONE KILOMETER, THE GUY WOULD HAVE BEEN RUSHED THERE AND HIS CHANCES OF SURVIVAL WOULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER

IN THE UK, GOVERNMENT EMERGENCY SERVICES WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED TO COME AND PICK HIM UP WITH GOVERNMENT AMBULANCE AND PROPER STAFF AND TO TAKE HIM TO AN EMERGENCY INTENSIVE CARE UNIT IN A STANDARD GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL.

SO. BLAME THE GOVERNMENT, THE STAB INJURY WOULD HAVE EVEN REQUIRED AN EMERGENCY CARE UNIT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by chigoizie7(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yes, so we should treat EVERYONE for free.....and at the end of the day, when quality of care suffers and private hospitals are forced to close because you know....no money anymore....

And who tald you we never save ANY soul?

Sigh.

just listen to your self.

let me ask u 1st. if you are a doctor.

why are u a doctor?

what was your aim?

some professions are never about money, just plain humanity and being a doctor is one of them. because they are meant ti save lives. but here in Nigeria, it is an avenue to enrich themselves.
Otherwise tell me why a doctor with a govt owned hospital should be operating a private one at the same time.

there is a difference between humanity and intelligence.

would have been a doctor too, mum and dad wanted me to, after 2 years, I wrote another and read statistics, not because I loved it but because I had to be a graduate as the society demands. I graduated, worked in a bank for sometime and den resigned to join businesses line.

I also know another who after reading medicine is a practicing lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by KlNGPlN(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
so many bad news coming from PH these days..hmm
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by LONGPREEK(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
if the person was my relation, i will bomb that hospital and bomb as many branches of the banks i set my eyes on. for real. no joke
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
This is one of the reasons why we need our representatives, the people that represent this young Man suppose to take this matter up, to make sure that the hospital is closed and medical practitioners there be jailed. In fact all the medical practitioners involved supposed to sentence to life imprisonment. RIP my brother.

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by brightalo17: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
This is Buharis Nigeria

If you are not YUSUF Buhari... Nobody will attend to you

Goat , just shutup and swear with your own grave that this trend started 3 years ago. why are some of you here lack common sense even when God gave it for free. why did you allowed political parties to wash your God given brain and replace it with stupidity?

i am not a fan of any political party before you'll start another trash talk.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Icon79(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
If Nigeria isn't a sh!thole country, that doctor should be banned for life from practicing medicine. The first rule of medicine is DO NO HARM.

O pari

khome:
So sad....
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by capitalzero: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
okrikaboi:
R.I.P Don't argue when rasked in port Harcourt just give them what they want without saying fimm.
As for the doctors, Nigerian doctors are one of the most heartless in the world they will never save life first I have experienced it first hand right before my eyes my friend died they are always sad. drifted and frustrated.
do not blame doctors. it is bad hospital policy that you must pay before services are rendered. that is what government at all levels must address.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by AlphaStyles(m): 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
i wonder if their motto in medical school is money first treatment later

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by chigoizie7(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
NIGERIAN GOVT IS SO BAD, BUT IN THIS SCENERIO, THE NMA ARE the worst.

how can u allow a doctor who is with a govt owned hospital to get licence to run a private hospital simultaneously?

there is so much rot in the HEALTH SYSTEM.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by ZombieTAMER: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
brightalo17:

Goat , just shutup and swear with your own grave that this trend started 3 years ago. why are some of you here lack common sense even when God gave it for free. why did you allowed political parties to wash your God given brain and replace it with stupidity?

i am not a fan of any political party before you'll start another trash talk.

You are too emotional...
What's with the blabbing
I got news for you... Buhari is a failure
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by theoldpretender(m): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
chigoizie7:

just listen to your self.

let me ask u 1st. if you are a doctor.

why are u a doctor?

what was your aim?

some professions are never about money, just plain humanity and being a doctor is one of them. because they are meant ti save lives. but here in Nigeria, it is an avenue to enrich themselves.

there is a difference between humanity and intelligence.

would have been a doctor too, mum and dad wanted me to, after 2 years, I wrote another and read statistics, not because I loved it but because I had to be a graduate as the society demands. I graduated, worked in a bank for sometime and den resigned to join businesses line.

I also know another who after reading medicine is a practicing lawyer.

I am a doctor.

I have worked in several hospitals over the years,including one hospital which had financial issues because people won't pay their bills,another hospital where patient left with a debt running into thousands of naira that up till today has not been paid, and so on

I have, and no I am not boasting...paid for patients out of my salary. Of course, i don;t do that...it impacted on my pocket seriously.

I also don't wait foralert before treating patients.

But the thing is, if patients don't pay on time, hospitals won't be able to function well enough, retain staff, and keep facilities up properly.And when standards fall, patients get hurt.

So, sorry, but there is another side to this story. The funding side.

(And yes, this also happens in developed countries. One homeless man in the USA used to get free treatment in a US hospital's emergency room. Then they stopped...because doing such..treating poor people like him.... left the hospital with a debt of $250million).

Health is not cheap.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by brightalo17: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

You are too emotional...
What's with the blabbing
I got news for you... Buhari is a failure

You're too dry.

I got a news for you Nigeria failed since 1999 till date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7-Month-Old Baby's Head Continues To Swell As Parents Lament In Anambra (Photos) / Texas Woman Suffers Burns As Hand Sanitiser Explodes As She Lights Candle / Please Help, I'm Growing Bald At 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.