Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo (40190 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by 2shure: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
i just have to press transfer at the atm stand to another acct
i dnt want stories next week
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by einsteine(m): 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

The fact is Igbos are not dark skin people naturally. When they arrived Africa from Israel they were essentially white or light brown. Overtime, they began to mix with dark skin Africans, which resulted in some of them being dark skin but the fact is they and Ibibio have the highest amount of light-skin people in West Africa.

Keep deceiving yourself with the Isreal narrative.

Geneticists performed a DNA test for several Igbos: the result? Zero DNA connection to Jews.

As for your light skinned nonsense theories, have you seen Shuwas, Fulanis and Tuareg in the North east? That one or two people out of 100 in the east are fair skin, you are claiming you are not dark skin Africans. I guess inferiority complex is the reason.

Igbos are not from Israel.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

The fact is Igbos are not dark skin people naturally. When they arrived Africa from Israel they were essentially white or light brown. Overtime, they began to mix with dark skin Africans, which resulted in some of them being dark skin but the fact is they and Ibibio have the highest amount of lightskin people in West Africa.

You are typically IPOB and typically ignorant.

That obviously inaccurate article says that you guys are half-civilized and shady, but since you're hellbent on having your point buttressed by it, I presume you agree with all the assertions in there. You can head back to Israel if they would have your greedy drug-dealing àss.

4 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Ugosample(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2018
Koolking:
With considerable certainty, what kept the bank soaring in profit was solely illegal monies kept and used for transactions in the bank. Nigerian banks made a lot profit trading with government revenues and unclaimed funds in banks during PDP era.

Dozie jnr was just unlucky to be swept by government policy, especially the implementation of TSA, which saw these monies being swept away from banks. I doubt if Dozie Snr would have succeeded. We all know how these banks in Nigeria operates. Even the so called wealthy Nigerians couldn't service their loans held with banks. AMCON was forced to published their names.

If you check well, most of the Nigerian banks are struggling to stay alive. A lot more are predicted to be merged and or acquired.

We truly experienced change. For the first time, the govt stepped on toes and did things differently for common goods.

What is this one saying?

Carelessness and gross mismanagement is to blame for diamond bank woes

Also included is the useless govt under whom so many businesses failed due to yeye policies

Failed businesses equal more bad loans "-\

But then, Dozie should take most of the blame

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Ugosample(m): 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
No major Nigerian business survives after the founder passes away. The offsprings might have graduated from the best schools around the world by privilege but do not possess the requisite drive to keep such corporations afloat.

Wait until the Otedolas and Adenugas take over their fathers' businesses, they will be struck off Forbes' list overnight.

/

That's the big problem with black folks tho

our businesses don't stand the test of time

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by odedele: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Same fate will befall FCMB with top much family influence
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by lonelydora: 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

The fact is Igbos are not dark skin people naturally. When they arrived Africa from Israel they were essentially white or light brown. Overtime, they began to mix with dark skin Africans, which resulted in some of them being dark skin but the fact is they and Ibibio have the highest amount of lightskin people in West Africa.

How do i get this book?
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
einsteine:
[s]

Keep decieving yourself with the Isreal narrative.

Geneticists performed a DNA test for several Igbos: the result? Zero DNA connection to Jews.

As for your light skinned nonsense theories, have you seen Shuwas, Fulanis and Touaregs in the sNorth east? That one or two people out of 100 in the east are fair skin, you are claiming you are not dark skin africans. I guess inferiority complex is the reason.

Igbos are not from Isreal[/s].

Envious things

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by einsteine(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

Envious things

This is very foolish of you.I am not Yoruba and it is very indicative of your IQ to think that anyone who criticizes you is Yoruba. For your information, my middle name is Chukwuwinke. So joke is on you.

8 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Strikethem: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
einsteine:

This is very foolish of you.I am not Yoruba and it is very indicative of your IQ to think that anyone who criticizes you is Yoruba. For your information, my middle name is Chukwuwinke. So joke is on you.
That is the problem of those kids
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Strikethem: 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

Envious things
You see your life jew wannabe

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
ozoebuka1:
Buhari!!!

Yes, i mean Buhari has a hand in it... He was busy fighting corruption while neglecting the economy... I'm not dismissing the incompetence of the diamond son owner... All I'm saying is that principally, the economic downturn in buharis era made the downfall of diamond bank an inevitable!
Pascal Dozie didn't manage the business well
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
einsteine:
[s]

This is very foolish of you.I am not Yoruba and it is very indicative of your IQ to think that anyone who criticizes you is Yoruba. For your information, my middle name is Chukwuwinke. So joke is on you[/s].

I spit on your afonja face...dirty things attaching to clean, pristine Biafran Jews by fire by force to contaminate us!

5 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Babayoutoomuch(f): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
Koolking:
With considerable certainty, what kept the bank soaring in profit was solely illegal monies kept and used for transactions in the bank. Nigerian banks made a lot profit trading with government revenues and unclaimed funds in banks during PDP era.

Dozie jnr was just unlucky to be swept by government policy, especially the implementation of TSA, which saw these monies being swept away from banks. I doubt if Dozie Snr would have succeeded. We all know how these banks in Nigeria operates. Even the so called wealthy Nigerians couldn't service their loans held with banks. AMCON was forced to published their names.

If you check well, most of the Nigerian banks are struggling to stay alive. A lot more are predicted to be merged and or acquired.

We truly experienced change. For the first time, the govt stepped on toes and did things differently for common goods.

Indeed!

How come ACCESS BANK is soaring high even under the same policy and govt.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by ozoebuka1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

Pascal Dozie didn't manage the business well
Yes he didn't but he shouldn't take the blame alone!!! Buhari should take the chunk of it!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by coputa(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2018
Koolking:

If you check well, most of the Nigerian banks are struggling to stay alive. A lot oore are predicted to be merged and or acquired.

Government has custody of a huge chunks of the fund in circulation and when these monies are isolated from the banks who gingers the economy through proper fund management,then we will have a stale,stagnant and sagging economy.

Government fund were deposited in different banks in past rregimesthat's why despite the cry of corruption,the economy is still booming.

Buhari killed the economy.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Mizwisdom(f): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
zurich1010:
Some of these people look mixed with beautiful skin tone. Are they really Nigerians? I guess they are Biafrans.

The older man is an albino
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2018
There is this popular saying that the reason most children of billionaires don’t remain billionaires is because their fathers don’t teach them how he became a billionaire. He tells them but he doesn’t show and teach them. Harvard can give you the best education and network but there is something known as billionaire instinct. Harvard can’t give you this, it is developed through several years on the streets.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Warship: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
einsteine:

Keep deceiving yourself with the Isreal narrative.

As for your light skinned nonsense theories, have you seen Shuwas, Fulanis and Tuareg in the North east? That one or two people out of 100 in the east are fair skin, you are claiming you are not dark skin Africans. I guess inferiority complex is the reason.

Igbos are not from Israel.

Shuwas, Fulanis and Tuareg are not pure negro just like the Igbos.

For your information, Jews with European mixture will be far different from Jews with African mixture.

That doesn't mean they are different.

Igbos and Ibibios are not pure Negro.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Kingjames(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
Competence, not family ties, grows business. Until Nigerians learn to separate these two, the end will always be sad.

Nigeria, perhaps African likes : Abroad graduate with queens English ascent "

Case study: kemi Adeosun, now Dozie

buy home made products

sai baba
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
Not to spite the bandwagon but this is a bit too simple and gossip-laden of a narrative. We r fitting the narrative to serve the purpose of 'son crumbles empire /rich kids disappoint / don't mix fam and biz' etc. That's teleology.

Now I've heard about the politicking to get the son appointed MD and all that. However, we r missing the point by choosing to shift the focus from the nature of the non performing assets that have compromised the bank's balance sheet and bottom line ie power and oil sector loans.

The senior Dozie and Otti no doubt none fitted from the buoyancy of these sectors and general economic growth. Those loans were not necessarily originated by Uzoma, but have matured and failed during his time that coincided with economic decline and particularly testy times for those normally prosperous industries. Not to say that he is anywhere near Dr Otti in mgmt, as the latter proved to be very effective, but one has to admit that these whatsapp-status-like analyses of father-son talk etc is missing the point and not highlighting the risky nature of the transactions that underlie the bank's troubles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by docjuli(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
megareal:
Africans don't do it right. In better climes, the son would have been understudying the father right from the inception of the bank if he was meant to take over. He would have done IT in virtually every department of the bank in almost all the geopolitical zones to learn and to get first hand experience.

However even parents here fail to groom their children well for succession, they believe going to an Ivy League college for a degree in Business Administration is enough. Truth is, nothing beats experience one gets from climbing steadily from the ranks and understudying their betters in the process. .

100 likes for you.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Hassan88(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
BuhBye:

Do you know what wayward means?
Reconstructing your question...

Do you know what waywardness is?
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
It is hard for a Flatronite to run a successful business without mixing it with some clandestine underG like Asian development
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Baltazarcus(m): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

Pls I would like to know the name of the book you screenshot in the post I would like to read it for myself
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by ojlifa: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
my friend,stop talking trash,kanu feeds you with stupidity you too are here talking trash,the igbo tribe is older than israel itself ,what do you know about history??even the bible tells you that egypt was the world power before israel was formed .where is egypt located ?,the first continent on earth is Africa and that is a historical fact.so educate yourself and stop talking trash .

freedomforall30:

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Ugosample(m): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
majekdom2:
There is this popular saying that the reason most children of billionaires don’t remain billionaires is because their fathers don’t teach them how he became a billionaire. He tells them but he doesn’t show and teach them. Harvard can give you the best education and network but there is something known as billionaire instinct. Harvard can’t give you this, it is developed through several years on the streets.

you have said it all

"Billionaires instinct" indeed
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by murphyrichy(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
I will like to know about his son's profile academically, These are people that doesn't know anything about Economics and yet they occupy such position because of connection
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Rick9(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
Access bank is trying sha, they did well with the takeover
Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
ojlifa:
[s]my friend,stop talking trash,kanu feeds you with stupidity you too are here talking trash,the igbo tribe is older than israel itself ,what do you know about history??even the bible tells you that egypt was the world power before israel was formed .where is egypt located ?,the first continent on earth is Africa and that is a historical fact.so educate yourself and stop talking trash [/s].

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Truckpusher(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
freedomforall30:

Your inferiority complex is deeply rooted in your bloodline.

A write up that insulted the amazing diversity of the black race is what you choose to use as yardstick to measure how better you are from other black race?

You need proper education.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo by Electroweb(m): 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
Does it mean that buying the shares of these “strong” banks is a no no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos) / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.