Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER (694 Views)

Bruno Fernandes Named Man Utd’s New Captain / Man Utd New Striker Ighalo In As Manchester United Announce Europa League Squad / Bruno Fernandes On FIFA 20: How Man Utd's New €55m Signing Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER by akintade59: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
http://www.irunmoleblog.com/2018/12/profile-of-man-utd-new-coach-solskjaer/
WHAT IS SOLSKJAER’S MANAGERIAL RECORD?

Solskjaer has been a manager in his own right since 2011, when he took charge of Molde, though he has never experienced a job anything like the magnitude of Manchester United. He does have experience working in the backroom of the Old Trafford club, however. After retiring from the professional game, Sir Alex Ferguson gave him a role as the striker coach and a year later he was put in charge of the reserve team. It was at Molde, though, that he first cut his teeth in a managerial role. He started in an inauspicious fashion, going down to a 3-0 defeat to newly promoted Sarpsborg in his first match in charge, but the first season proved to be a success as he led the club to the league title for the first time in their history – quite a way to mark their centenary year. He proved to be in no rush to return to England, turning down the opportunity to manage Aston Villa in 2012. “I have said for a long time that I have ambitions to be a Premier League manager, but I haven't been chasing after any jobs,” the former striker told the media at the time. Although another Tippeligaen title followed, the following season proved difficult and Molde finished in a disappointing sixth place. It was at this juncture he finally elected to move to the Premier League as he replaced Malky Mackay as Cardiff manager. “I feel lucky to be back in the Premier League. I had to have a talk about it with the family obviously but it is a great opportunity,” he told the media. He was not, however, in the top flight for long as he was unable to save the Blues from relegation. Indeed, their fortunes deteriorated under his charge as they fell from 16th to bottom, earning only 12 points from 18 matches, while conceding 42 times and scoring only 17. Cardiff persisted for a time, but a 1-0 loss to Middlesbrough that left them 15th in the Championship saw him sacked in September 2014. In 2015, he returned to Molde and has enjoyed steady form back in Norway, with a couple of second place finishes in the Eliteserien. On December 3, he signed a three-year contract extension with the club, stating: “I’ve never hidden that I enjoy being here and am pleased to continue developing the team. We’ve moved to the top of the table slowly but surely, and I was to see further development and improvement over the next few years in pursuit of trophies and European football.” And now, if only temporarily, he has the top job at Old Trafford. Speaking about the appointment, he told the club's official website: “Manchester United is in my heart and it’s brilliant to be coming back in this role. I’m really looking forward to working with the very talented squad we have, the staff and everyone at the club."

READ MORE: http://www.irunmoleblog.com/2018/12/profile-of-man-utd-new-coach-solskjaer/

Re: Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER by alonzoiv(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
Goodbye Morinho.
Re: Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER by EbukaHades10(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
Let's see what he can do

Re: Profile Of Man Utd New Coach- SOLSKJAER by LuciferBaptist: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
akintade59:
[s]http://www.irunmoleblog.com/2018/12/profile-of-man-utd-new-coach-solskjaer/
WHAT IS SOLSKJAER’S MANAGERIAL RECORD?

Solskjaer has been a manager in his own right since 2011, when he took charge of Molde, though he has never experienced a job anything like the magnitude of Manchester United. He does have experience working in the backroom of the Old Trafford club, however. After retiring from the professional game, Sir Alex Ferguson gave him a role as the striker coach and a year later he was put in charge of the reserve team. It was at Molde, though, that he first cut his teeth in a managerial role. He started in an inauspicious fashion, going down to a 3-0 defeat to newly promoted Sarpsborg in his first match in charge, but the first season proved to be a success as he led the club to the league title for the first time in their history – quite a way to mark their centenary year. He proved to be in no rush to return to England, turning down the opportunity to manage Aston Villa in 2012. “I have said for a long time that I have ambitions to be a Premier League manager, but I haven't been chasing after any jobs,” the former striker told the media at the time. Although another Tippeligaen title followed, the following season proved difficult and Molde finished in a disappointing sixth place. It was at this juncture he finally elected to move to the Premier League as he replaced Malky Mackay as Cardiff manager. “I feel lucky to be back in the Premier League. I had to have a talk about it with the family obviously but it is a great opportunity,” he told the media. He was not, however, in the top flight for long as he was unable to save the Blues from relegation. Indeed, their fortunes deteriorated under his charge as they fell from 16th to bottom, earning only 12 points from 18 matches, while conceding 42 times and scoring only 17. Cardiff persisted for a time, but a 1-0 loss to Middlesbrough that left them 15th in the Championship saw him sacked in September 2014. In 2015, he returned to Molde and has enjoyed steady form back in Norway, with a couple of second place finishes in the Eliteserien. On December 3, he signed a three-year contract extension with the club, stating: “I’ve never hidden that I enjoy being here and am pleased to continue developing the team. We’ve moved to the top of the table slowly but surely, and I was to see further development and improvement over the next few years in pursuit of trophies and European football.” And now, if only temporarily, he has the top job at Old Trafford. Speaking about the appointment, he told the club's official website: “Manchester United is in my heart and it’s brilliant to be coming back in this role. I’m really looking forward to working with the very talented squad we have, the staff and everyone at the club."

READ MORE: http://www.irunmoleblog.com/2018/12/profile-of-man-utd-new-coach-solskjaer/[/s]

Profile him for your fellow Indomie kids.

Real football fans know who Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is & all his exploits.
We don't need your useless profiling.

*spits angry

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

CAF Champions League: Lobi Stars Vs WAC Casablanca / Whatsapp Conversation Between C.ronaldo And Patrice Evra, 5days Before Juve Win / Mike Dean Becomes The First Referee To Issue 100 Red Cards In EPL History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.