Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:43 AM

15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech (30385 Views)

How Reno Omokri Summarised His 2019 / Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid / Governor Umahi Visits Arthur Eze, Excited As He Enters His 2019 Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by nnamdibig(m): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has proposed a budget of N8.83 trillion for 2019.

The president presented the budget at a joint session of the National Assembly on Wednesday.

Here are the fifteen things he said in his speech:

1.Today, we will review economic development over the last three-and-half years with emphasis on 2018. We will also highlight the budget for 2019

2.The last three-and-half years have been challenging both home and abroad. Both oil and non-oil markets have been volatile. There have been disruptions in oil production in the country.

3.However, we have cause to be optimistic about the future. The economy has recovered from recession. We have done more work with less resources in Agriculture, Social Development and Infrastructure.

4.We have intervened several times to support states in the payment of salaries. The Federal Government has also sustained its efforts to curb corruption through the comprehensive cooperation of the single treasury account

5.We have also made efforts to end the insurgencies in affected areas of the country.

6.We thank the Armed Forces and Security Agencies for their efforts and sacrifices in protecting the nation. We have also made many efforts to enhance transparency and accountability in public service delivery.

7.Inflation has declined from 18.2% in January to 11.28% in November. Foreign Capital Influence has also improved.

8.Trading is a significant contributor to our country’s economy. But we must strengthen other areas such as Information Technology and Entertainment; all hands must be on deck to ensure the country succeeds.

9.In Agriculture, we are seeing increased investments in all areas of the sector. Indeed, we are on course to achieve good security in the nearest future.

10.We also prioritized the completion of already ongoing projects as opposed to starting new ones.

11.We have included the implementation for the National Minimum Wage. I will be sending a Bill to this National Assembly, on this.

12.To further support SME’s, we have set aside N15 billion while the sum of N10 billion has been granted to BOI for this purpose.

13.I hereby present and lay the 2019 Budget to the floor of the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

14.I hereby present and lay the 2019 Budget to the floor of the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

15.This is my last Budget Speech to the 8th National Assembly.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/15-things-buhari-said-in-his-budget-presentation-speech.html

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by alizma: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
well done Mr President. so far you have done well, however there are more to be done and I am believing that you and your team will adequately see to that.
I and my likes understand that between Egypt and the promise land, there is a wilderness.
once again, I say well done to Mr President and his entire team members.
Access granted for The Return Of the General part2, A.K.A. Next Level

considering National Assembly worker's strike in the wake of this budget presentation, some people would have sent a lady to go and present the budget for them.

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Alphafeezay(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2018
No. 15 should be "my last budget speech before i return to Daura"

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by maxiuc(m): 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
angry

Number 15 he actually confirm it to be his last for the 8th Senate

Atiku starts from the 9th Senate

Zombies should go and die yes they should die because they zombies are wishing Nigeria death

Anybody voting and supporting buhari is wishing Nigeria death

Shouting looters up and down with nothing showing for 4yrs

Nonsense and daura

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by judecares1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
NO 15 just said it all

pls join me to wish him well as he round up his bloody administration

atikulated

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by zombieTRACKER: 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
Buhari is a failure

Only fools support this government

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by baliyubla: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
"Ole, Lies, Propaganda " where all the lawmakers were drumming into the dullards head, while he doled out his lies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by anonymuz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sai baboon grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Arewa12: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
Daura as spoken

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by festacman(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
The Choice before Nigerians:

Buhari's DEVELOPMENTAL ECONOMY
- Diversification of the economy and laying foundation for production-driven economy
- Improving agriculture and reduction in food importation
- Shrewd use of government revenues
- Conservation of nation's hard-earned Forex Reserve
- Sensible wealth redistribution through social Investment programs
- Critical infrastructure-tied borrowings
- Showing political maturity by completing on-going projects rather than abandon them to start new ones
- Being truthful about the economy rather than giving false hopes
- Fighting corruption and blocking leakages
- Etc.

OR

PDP's CONTAINER ECONOMY:
- Importation of everything including what we can produce because local production capacity is low
- Sharing of national wealth to privileged party "stakeholders" to empower them to win next elections
- Abandoning on-going projects and awarding juicy contract for new ones
- Selling public assets to foreign fronts of party stakeholders as compensations
- Seting up signature white-elephant projects that will guarantee annual budgetary allocations
- Painting a beautiful picture of the economy even when the outlook is bad to make people happy
- Principle of "Who Forex Reserve epp? - spend it joor!" to make money circulate
- Tolerating corruption because it is in every country. Encourage corrupt people to spend their loot to make money circulate
- Etc.

Let us choose right

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Nasseeer: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
SAI BABA

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by kings09(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
Cluelessness of a President

6 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by xynerise: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
He didn't speak on unemployment rate because the statistics is an eye sore

8 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by zombieTRACKER: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
Jonathan:

Only pigs and idiots supports atiku

Tell Buhari to show up for a debate first

Zombies everywhere

24 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by fishmillan: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
K
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by akinbode1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sai baba......

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by goaldynboy: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
Anything Jubril touches turn to Lifeless!!
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Mckhalifa(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ride on sir. cool

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by ObservantFellow: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
We all know he'll repeat some programmed speech. It's not a question and answer session, so we're not gonna pretend any of that came from his brain. The more impressive it is, the more likely it is to have been prepared by someone else. I'll just request a photocopy from the original writer.

Meanwhile, let's prepare for Christmas angry

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Emmacolinho(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
He folded his palm again today while waving to the crowd! Jubril Jubril enjoy it while it last grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by flex04(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
A round applause, can someone ask him these Questions before 2019 Presidential Election

1 Share

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Ndlistic(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
Rubibsh

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by jericco1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
carry go. Buhari till 2023

4 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Sholaco: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
Good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Waiting for Reno to counter ever line of speech with facts..

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Emily22(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yoruba and ibos will never live together in peace with what av observed with this generation and the incoming,

I was discussing with my street pals about the national team and how they can improve before the Africa nation cup, till now I still don't understand how the topic changed from football to igbos vs yoruba...

Now we talking about salient points from the president and they turned the thread into tribal war. Some don't even understand any of the points stated above, all they want is e-war.

I rest my case

10 Likes

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
You'll die in your sleep if your really mean this your 2019 bid.... Useless old fool
NB: quote me and your 2019 shall be worse than your 2001.
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by obasig: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
He folded his palm again today while waving to the crowd! Buhari should pity his zombies
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by keryj(f): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Attends NDA Passing Out Parade In Kaduna (Pictures) / Lessons In Biden’s Appointments Of Nigerians / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.