Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech (30396 Views)

How Reno Omokri Summarised His 2019 / Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid / Governor Umahi Visits Arthur Eze, Excited As He Enters His 2019 Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by chiangwar: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2018
Rubbish

Jonathan:

Only pigs and idiots supports atiku

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by keryj(f): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
tamethem:

Alright

Seconded
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by zombieTRACKER: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
CoolAmbience:

And only a fool like you will hate a man so much without a single reason.
Nobody who hates Buhari has been able to justify that with any inimical policy by his administration.

U have tons of reasons to not like this idiot
First.. He said he's a man of integrity.. I agreed
I supported him... Many did.. He won

Buhari said he will stop public office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad... I was glad on hearing that.. Our health sector was gonna be a thing to behold.. But alas this liar was the first to throw the promise to the dust bin...

This idiot met the naira to dollar ex rate at 216... And even complained bitterly about it.. Three years down the line... You know the exchange rate today... This man is shameless

This man said he doesn't know what subsidy is... Fuel was 87... He came on board increased it to 145 ..no demonstrations.. It was Buhari. Mr integrity... Guess what. We still pay more in subsidy like never before.. Tell me why...

You saw the unemployment rate today... Scary.. This is a man who promised millions of jobs for youths..

I voted for change... I believed in it so much
I never knew Buhari will fail that I was gonna apologize to Jonathan who also failed..

Only fools support this government
All I hear is blame games.. But quickly to take the glory of the rail progress which he knew nothing about...

Buhari is a failure
But ethnicity and religion can make Nigerians reason..
I have long lost hope on this country.. It has all it takes to be great but today it's the poverty capital of the world.

The man who put us there is the same man you are clamouring for..

Oh... Gush
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by imagrg(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
Where are the manners of the youth of today in Nigeria?
Gone bananas, I supose!
NLModsAreStupud:
You'll die in your sleep if your really mean this your 2019 bid.... Useless old fool
NB: quote me and your 2019 shall be worse than your 2001.
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by stanleeodor(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Buhari is a failure

Only fools support this government

Fools like your Family. idiot
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by stanleeodor(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=kings09 post=73991852]Cluelessness of a President

i bet you, you as clueless as Atiku
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by mmsalawudeen(m): 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
nnamdibig:
President Muhammadu Buhari has proposed a budget of N8.83 trillion for 2019.

The president presented the budget at a joint session of the National Assembly on Wednesday.

Here are the fifteen things he said in his speech:

1.Today, we will review economic development over the last three-and-half years with emphasis on 2018. We will also highlight the budget for 2019

2.The last three-and-half years have been challenging both home and abroad. Both oil and non-oil markets have been volatile. There have been disruptions in oil production in the country.

3.However, we have cause to be optimistic about the future. The economy has recovered from recession. We have done more work with less resources in Agriculture, Social Development and Infrastructure.

4.We have intervened several times to support states in the payment of salaries. The Federal Government has also sustained its efforts to curb corruption through the comprehensive cooperation of the single treasury account

5.We have also made efforts to end the insurgencies in affected areas of the country.

6.We thank the Armed Forces and Security Agencies for their efforts and sacrifices in protecting the nation. We have also made many efforts to enhance transparency and accountability in public service delivery.

7.Inflation has declined from 18.2% in January to 11.28% in November. Foreign Capital Influence has also improved.

8.Trading is a significant contributor to our country’s economy. But we must strengthen other areas such as Information Technology and Entertainment; all hands must be on deck to ensure the country succeeds.

9.In Agriculture, we are seeing increased investments in all areas of the sector. Indeed, we are on course to achieve good security in the nearest future.

10.We also prioritized the completion of already ongoing projects as opposed to starting new ones.

11.We have included the implementation for the National Minimum Wage. I will be sending a Bill to this National Assembly, on this.

12.To further support SME’s, we have set aside N15 billion while the sum of N10 billion has been granted to BOI for this purpose.

13.I hereby present and lay the 2019 Budget to the floor of the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

14.I hereby present and lay the 2019 Budget to the floor of the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

15.This is my last Budget Speech to the 8th National Assembly.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/15-things-buhari-said-in-his-budget-presentation-speech.html

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Friend01(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
Alphafeezay:

Baba has made life difficult for all of us, i was his diehard supporter but truth be told Baba has failed Nigerians, people are dying of hunger and hardship.

My brother, you have said nothing but the truth about hunger in the land. But I don't trust the same set of 'Angels' who want to rescue us from this 'perdition' placed upon us by these same set of individuals.
I can stand and bare the pains of this administration than see another smokescreen of economic recovery while we return to status quo.
or you may better still choose another candidate than anything Red and green Umbrella.

NB:I am not saying you shouldn't vote against Baba oh, but let your conscience be the deciding factor here.
Would you trust an Atiku that appears angelic with all the romantic sweet talk knowing his antecedents or a Buhari who is (admittedly) not an astute economic manager, but will be truthful and straightforward with your affairs albeit;most of his supporters lie to change that reality when the man himself does not subscribe to their deception.

Listen to his speech you would see a man who is very straightforward and sincere not his supporters; and then decide for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by CoachOore: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
Why u never die na[qquote author=Alphafeezay post=73992227]

Baba has made life difficult for all of us, i was his diehard supporter but truth be told Baba has failed Nigerians, people are dying of hunger and hardship.
[/quote]
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by honor4me: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
Put sentiments apart, this is the kind of President we need. Factual and straightforward because he has nothing to hide. I can understand the stakeholders of the opposition wanting to grab power by all means. To them it’s business as usual. What baffles me is their supporters who have no stake than to suffer their looting sprees. God will protect this president. He will accomplish the lofty program and lay a solid foundation for the future.
We are with you Mr President. Ride on till 2023 the while we give you all our supports

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by jesmond3945: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
15billion for sme?
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by sirchi090(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Buhari is a complete failure and has nothing to offer Nigerians
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Rolings: 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Tell Buhari to show up for a debate first

Zombies everywhere

Guess you were still in pampers when he appeared for TV debates in the past..... Baba ain't scared of debates, unfortunately majority of the electorate won't even be able to watch the TV debates due to lack of power for them to watch and only half of the few lucky to be able to watch will actually watch so WHO DEBATE EPP....
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by aremu1965: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
SAI BABA. GOOD ONE. The clueless, haters and wailers will not see anything good in you but we know you are the best that can handle Nigeria now. NEXT LEVEL here we come
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
Points 13 & 14 are looped!
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by SaturnNick(m): 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
So INFLATION has been going down since January? But why prices still dey sky rocket na baba?
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by grandstar(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2018
The budget is only $24billion which is quite small.

This is barely 5% of the country's GDP. This is too small.

Worse is over 35% of it is going for debt servicing.

Worse is that government would do nothing to cut wasteful spending

There is urgent need for structural reform in the country

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by AlhajaChinyere: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
grandstar:
The budget is only $24billion which is quite small.

This is barely 5% of the country's GDP. This is too small.

Worse is over 35% of it is going for debt servicing.

Worse is that government would do nothing to cut wasteful spending

There is urgent need for structural reform in the country

This is the stack reality of our situation. The reason we have to work harder together as a people to change our narrative. I pity all those pregnant women and foolish men who have been lured into creating a large family.
This is not about Buhari. This is about 180m fighting for this pittance.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by stevups(m): 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
alizma:
well done Mr President. so far you have done well, however there are more to be done and I am believing that you and your team will adequately see to that.
I and my likes understand that between Egypt and the promise land, there is a wilderness.
once again, I say well done to Mr President and his entire team members.
Access granted for The Return Of the General part2, A.K.A. Next Level

considering National Assembly worker's strike in the wake of this budget presentation, some people would have sent a lady to go and present the budget for them.
People like you will always go forward in life. You appreciate little things.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by jamiusegun(m): 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
My able President till 2023, all your enemies faufaufaoooo....
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by walezy14(m): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author=Bizibi post=73993266]good ke! Are you still blind and deaf,even with all the mess in his government some of you still come out to clap for him,na wa ooo.[/quote
You and your father are blind. Idiot
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Bizibi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author=walezy14 post=74014908][/quote]hehehehe blind halfwit....
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by walezy14(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Bizibi:
good ke! Are you still blind and deaf,even with all the mess in his government some of you still come out to clap for him,na wa ooo.
You will be blind and deaf for using harsh words on me.
Re: 15 Things Buhari Said In His 2019 Budget Presentation Speech by Bizibi(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
walezy14:

You will be blind and deaf for using harsh words on me.
mtcheeeeew....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Galaxy Backbone: We Blocked Over 200 Cyberattacks During General Election / Osinbajo: We Are Learning ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Steps For Our Campaign / Osinbajo Meets The Hausa Community Leaders In Ikoyi Obalende

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.