Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying (463 Views)

Deyemi Okanlawon Is The Most Annoying Actor I Have Worked With- Belinda Effah / MOST TRENDING:19 Annoying Things on Zee World. / Gotv e48-32 Error And Searching For Signal Very Rampant And So Annoying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying by nijabazaar: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
So id watched Hereditary and i must say.....this film is frustratingly saddening or a transcendental level.

the minute-to-minute experience of watching the movie, sometimes through your fingers, is an ordeal of the best kind.

The scariest line is “mommy,” the most terrifying scenes take place when the whole family is together, and the sound most likely to make the person next to you shriek out loud is the click of a young girl’s tongue against the roof of her mouth.

So don’t let me spoil the ending by suggesting that the ending spoils the movie.

For most of two hours, “Hereditary” slowly unspools a depiction of evil — a claustrophobic, alarmingly funny, disarmingly realistic spectacle of extreme metaphysical and psychological disturbance — that feels like something new.

Mr. Aster ( the director) didn’t invent the techniques he deploys to create his unsettling effects, but he also swerves away from the clichés of the genre. Until he takes his foot off the brake and drives right into a big one.

The devil made them do it! Don’t get me wrong: I have nothing against the devil, at least as an agent of cinematic terror. But the difference between “Hereditary” and “Rosemary’s Baby” and “The Exorcist” — horror classics to which it has been compared — is that rather that representing ultimate evil, the prince of darkness feels like a small, secondhand presence.

Dont watch this film if you have BP whether high or low BP.

I thought the ending was open to interpretation:
1. Everything is a metaphor for mental illness, children pay for the sins and genes of their parents...
2. The cult, led by women, delivered death and corruption for cheap promises. This is a political view of the last presidential election in US: white women elected Trump...
3. People sacrifice their children in the name of religion: both Satan and God have terrible fans...
Re: Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying by Ishilove: 5:00am On Mar 23, 2019
3. People sacrifice their children in the name of religion: both Satan and God have terrible fans...
This is the most appropriate interpretation.

That movie gave me the heebie jeebies. Terribly creepy
Re: Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying by Gmajor(m): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2019
People keep praising this movie online but when I finally watched it, I was very underwhelmed.
Don't get me wrong, the acting was top notch, the cinematography is refreshing, the music is good and the story itself is not bad.
However, for a movie that claims to be in the horror genre, it is not scary at all. IMO this movie is a drama as opposed to a horror movie and it really sucks when horror movies are not scary.

1 Like

Re: Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying by Ishilove: 5:58am On Mar 23, 2019
Gmajor:
People keep praising this movie online but when I finally watched it, I was very underwhelmed.
Don't get me wrong, the acting was top notch, the cinematography is refreshing, the music is good and the story itself is not bad.
However, for a movie that claims to be in the horror genre, it is not scary at all. IMO this movie is a drama as opposed to a horror movie and it really sucks when horror movies are not scary.
I disagree with you. That movie messed with my mind real good.
Re: Hereditary's Ending Is Somewhat Annoying by Jerry2i(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Gmajor:
I agree totally.

(1) (Reply)

Shoot Your Music Video For Less Than 300k / Which Is The Best Online Streaming Application / Have You Watch Season 8, Episode 3 GOT (battle Of Winterfell?)–who’s Your Hero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.