Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Are You A ‘busy Body’ Or An Effective Person - A Short Read - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are You A ‘busy Body’ Or An Effective Person - A Short Read (342 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You A ‘busy Body’ Or An Effective Person - A Short Read by Riiri: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
Being busy has become so glorified in our society these days. If you are not as busy as the person next to you, people think you are lazy. And then you end up acting busy when in fact you are texting friends on Whatsapp. This reminds me of my friend/colleague who was always busy, typing away, with a very serious look on her face. I’ll end up looking at her thinking, “She is so hardworking”, wondering what she was always typing. The day I found out it was Whatsapp on the web, I couldn’t help myself. I cracked up like crazy. Most times, this is what bosses want. They want you to be busy, look busy, it makes them feel like their money is not wasted (eye service).

In a society like ours where being busy is hyped, we end up competing to look busier than the other person. And most times, we end up not achieving much.

Being busy doesn’t necessarily mean you are effective with your time. Remember the phrase, ‘Busy for nothing’? Or even better, “Busybody”? Most people are this way. Do you know that a busy person can take about two hours on a task, while an effective person will finish the same task within 30 minutes?

Will you like to be more effective? I do. So, let’s find out how. Click the link below to read more;
https://ritasmusings./2018/12/20/are-you-a-busy-body-or-an-effective-person/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Demibi Tube / Let Me Die For It By Oluwole Oluwatobi Solomon / The Absence Of Love...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.