Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,360 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria (2414 Views)

Photo: Sharia Police Smash 240,000 Beer Bottles In Kano (2013) / Nigeria’s Islamic Police Arrest 150 For Having Un-islamic Hairstyles / Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 4:49am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=14pt]Islamic police smash 80,000 beer bottles in Nigeria[/size]

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20100803/capt.photo_1280867060538-1-0.jpg?x=213&y=141&xc=1&yc=1&wc=409&hc=271&q=85&sig=13EbtA5ceVyciFRHPXTV2Q--[/img]
AFP/File – An advertising for Gulder beer a Nigerian Breweries' drink, owned by the Heineken group in Nigeria. …
Tue Aug 3, 4:24 pm ET

KANO, Nigeria (AFP) – Islamic police smashed 80,000 bottles of beer in the Nigerian city of Kano on Tuesday to enforce a sharia law ban on consumption of alcohol that exists in much of the country's north.
Over a dozen veiled female sharia police, called Hisbah, destroyed the beer bottles with sticks amid shouts of "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great) on the outskirts of the northern city in a ceremony.
The ceremony was attended by government officials as part of "efforts to rid the state of immorality," said Kano state Hisbah chief Saidu Dukawa. Kano city is the capital of the state by the same name.

"The sale and consumption of alcohol, like all forms of drugs and intoxicants, is illegal in Kano state, which practices sharia law and by this event we are enforcing that ban," Dukawa told AFP.

Thirteen trucks brought the bottles of beer to the venue.
The alcohol had been seized at the weekend by sharia police as the bottles were being delivered to the city from the mainly Christian south, where most of the country?s breweries are located, Dukawa said.

Although the sale and consumption of alcohol is banned in Kano state, beer trucks find their way to taverns in the predominantly Christian Sabongari neighbourhood, which is practically exempt from sharia law.
Since 1999, when Nigeria returned to civilian rule after years of military dictatorship, around a dozen states in the predominantly Muslim north have reintroduced Islamic sharia law, though it has been selectively applied in many cases.
Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation, and roughly half of the 150 million population is Muslim.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100803/wl_africa_afp/nigeriareligionislamalcohol
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by Eddeux(m): 4:59am On Aug 05, 2010
Consumption of Alcohol by Country

Nigeria still one of the highest in Africa no matter what
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 5:00am On Aug 05, 2010
@Eddeux - Go to Alaigbo and see all those Igbo men with big beer bellies. I refuse to look like one of them, that is why I go to the gym each day and don't drink beer, only wine.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by 0hsisi: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2010
I guess allah has nothing to say about their chain smoking grandmas drinking burukutu,
The gutter sniffing in northern Nigeria by the youths to get high
He has nothing to say about r'ape and violation of underaged girls by the sharia czar himself called Ahmed pedo.phile Yerima and VVF
allah is silent on diseases ravaging northern Nigeria and abject poverty with malnutrition
He is aye Ok with their thieving politicians like IBB, Atiku and co
His main concern is that that beer bottles are smashed on streets
He doesn't even care that these bottles pieces will eventually slash tires of cars, causing accidents as cars lose control, allah is not bothered that the pieces of broken bottles will cause injury on barefooted passersby, or pierce through slippers and cheap sandals causing tetanus and death
bunch of losers

1 Like

Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 05, 2010
Like someone said, atleast they're not smashing 80,000 human skulls.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by OAM4J: 5:17am On Aug 05, 2010
0hsisi:

I guess allah has nothing to say about their chain smoking grandmas,gutter sniffing in northern Nigeria by the youths to get high
He has nothing to say about r'ape and violation of underaged girls by the sharia czar himself called Ahmed pedo.phile Yerima and VVF
allah is silent on diseases ravaging northern Nigeria and abject poverty with malnutrition
He doesn't even care that these bottles pieces will eventually slash tires of cars, causing accidents as cars lose control, allah is not bothered that the pieces of broken bottles will cause injury on barefooted passersby, or pierce through slippers and cheap sandals causing tetanus and death
bunch of losers

most of them including their leaders are hypocrites, they condemn beer and immorality in their states only to travel to Kaduna and Abuja to have as much as they want - bunch of hypocrites
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by 0hsisi: 5:25am On Aug 05, 2010
what the hisbas look like

They look like they should be fed the broken bottles grin

Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by Justcash(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2010
What happened to the content of the broken bottles? grin grin grin grin grin
Yeah, I respect their abhorrence of alcohol. However,  it looks like the more they got Drunk and high, the more bottles they broke! grin grin  grin grin cry grin grin
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by slap1(m): 6:08am On Aug 05, 2010
The 'sin' of alcohol is being vitiated, how about the other sins?
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2010
Islamic Police? I'm seen this for the first time. If they aim at destroying bottles, then I'll regard them as the most miserable creatures on earth. Yerima's attrocities worth more than a million bottles.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 7:52am On Aug 05, 2010
F.oools
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2010
@smashing bottles
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
~wish it could be smashed on aigbofa and bk/biatch's head~
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by saintneo(m): 8:00am On Aug 05, 2010
0hsisi:

I guess allah has nothing to say about their chain smoking grandmas drinking burukutu,
The gutter sniffing in northern Nigeria by the youths to get high
bunch of losers

kindly curtail your use of words - i know you are angry
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by Eddeux(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

@Eddeux - Go to Alaigbo and see all those Igbo men with big beer bellies. I refuse to look like one of them, that is why I go to the gym each day and don't drink beer, only wine.
beer isn't that bad for ya, if you have one or two a day. I don't like the taste of it though, then again all I've had is bud light and budweiser.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seunawo1(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2010
With all this, North is still one of the highest in drinking of Alcoholic drinks and HIV in nigeria. Na wa oooo.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/301855_somali_police_jpg4df9808146a83535a96ca21b5f7e99d9
Beer & ogogoro smashing police

Roflmao  grin grin grin grin grin
the girl on the left look like teeepeeahs last daughter except she has no tribal marksgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2010
yet they collect billions of naira monthly as VAT ON BEERS AND ALCHOLIC DRINKS, ISNT THIS MADNESS NN CHEATING
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by bibiking1(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2010
How much we waste in our ignorance.,,,,,
Beer that would have kept me company for a couple of years was smashed by some lesbianic ingrates!!
I am upset
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

yet they collect billions of naira monthly as VAT ON BEERS AND ALCHOLIC DRINKS, ISNT THIS MADNESS NN CHEATING

VAT is collected by the FG. Were you not the guy who ran to the mosque last Friday for fidau prayers?. Why are you against a holy islamic practice like this or are you an islamic hypocrite?.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 11:59am On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

VAT is collected by the FG. Were you not the guy who ran to the mosque last Friday for fidau prayers?. Why are you against a holy islamic practice like this or are you an islamic hypocrite?.
yes it was me, but under islamic laws, you should not be associated with beers in any form even in revenue collection from beer sellers, yet Kano, katsina, zamfara, kebbi and all this Sharia practising states are collecting VAT on beers from the revenue, it is against Islamic lawy.
hopes you got that right
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

mind you fidau prayer is for the Dead in Islam, i only went for Mogrib, remember it was around 6:47 that i told you that. i did not lose anybody here and pray i did not likewise you.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

yes it was me, but under islamic laws, you should not be associated with beers in any form even in revenue collection from beer sellers, yet Kano, katsina, zamfara, kebbi and all this Sharia practising states are collecting VAT on beers from the revenue, it is against Islamic lawy.
hopes you got that right

Do you have proof that they collect levies on alcohol?
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2010
Time stoppers.It is like trying to catch wind with bare hands.This is the dying days of islam and religion in general and like every other thing,africans are always last to realize,that is why it is called the shackled continent,but we will soon break the shackles.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2010
saintneo:

kindly curtail your use of words - i know you are angry

Curtail gini? Is it not the truth?
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Do you have proof that they collect levies on alcohol?
its a known issue, even as am talking Lagos state is in the supreme court about this issue, all this states collect VAT revenue directly from the FG yet they refuse to tell the FG to remove the revenue accruing from Beers and alcholic before sending the remaining to them, is that not cheating, as a Muslim i think this is wrong, Saudi never practise rubbish like this. while reapingwhat you dont sow
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

its a known issue, even as am talking Lagos state is in the supreme court about this issue, all this states collect VAT revenue directly from the FG yet they refuse to tell the FG to remove the revenue accruing from Beers and alcholic before sending the remaining to them, is that not cheating, as a Muslim i think this is wrong, Saudi never practise rubbish like this. while reapingwhat you dont sow

Will you call yourself a good muslim?
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Will you call yourself a good muslim?
CAPITAL YES!!!, why wont i called myself a Good Muslim just because i tell you what is the Holy Book, Islamic lwas prohibit any form of association with Alcholic products in every sense be it revenue collection or drinking or even aiding alcholics
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by seanet02: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
@aloemeka, any more bros
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

CAPITAL YES!!!, why wont i called myself a Good Muslim just because i tell you what is the Holy Book, Islamic lwas prohibit any form of association with Alcholic products in every sense be it revenue collection or drinking or even aiding alcholics

Do you drink or abet the distribution and sell of alcohol?
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by TippyTop(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
Hint: if u want to drink yourself to death avoid Kano.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by AloyEmeka8: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
Tippy Top:

Hint: if u want to drink yourself to death avoid Kano.

Sabon Gari dey na.
Re: Islamic Police Smash 80,000 Beer Bottles In Nigeria by smoothine: 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
Do you mind them .bunch of confused fools.they should eradicate poverty and ignorance first before all these nonsence.I have never heard of cow and snake worshippers in India fighting each other before it's always christian and muslim fighting each other.In fact the followers of the two religions should be banned from talking in public until they can be like the hindus,the cow worshippers, the snake worshippers etc all around the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Approves Sack Of All Nitel/m-tel Workers - N51. 6b Set Aside To Pay Benefits. / Maga Must Pay You..........Funny Yahoo Guy picture / When Was The Nigerian National Council Of State Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.