Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,999 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated (248 Views)

Nine (9) Bible Stories I Enjoyed Before Quitting Religion / I Practised Christianity For 30 Years; Black Magic For 9 Years, But None Worked / *top Nine (9) Things You Should Avoid In Life* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated by kppo(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2018
I resigned from my last paid full-time job as a Consultant in August 2009 believing that God would provide another job for me as He had done before. However, days and weeks passed and no job. Months passed and still no job. I remember listening to a message by Joel Osteen referring to Job's trial to have lasted for a period of about nine (9) months. So I was encouraged that the 'storm' would soon be over after about nine (9) months.

However, to my utmost surprise, the nine (9) months turned to nine (9) years and still no job. I had literally applied for hundreds of job vacancies and attended dozens of interviews but still no acceptable job. My response to prayers of faith for a good job had progressed from "AMEN!" to "Amen oooo" to no answer at all because all the prayers seemed to not be working.

After reading the book 'How You Can Be Led By The Holy Spirit' by the late Kenneth E. Hagin, I started to realise that God wanted me to realise that I've been down that 'Consultant road' before and that God knows that's not where I want to be. It had taken me nine (9) years to realise this.

Fortunately, an opportunity showed up in the area of Missions where I also have 'unpaid' experience. And now I will be resuming paid employment in January 2019 after almost 10 years of unemployment.
Re: TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated by nifemi25(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2018
Congratulations to you .. ...God that remember you will surely remember us in terms of need.
Re: TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated by CodeTemplar: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
You resigned then went 9 years without a job? what were you doing for your former employers and why didn't you start it on your own?
Re: TESTIMONY: Nine (9) Years Unemployment Terminated by Jman06(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
Getting a job is a prayer point and a miracle only in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria! Sane countries even give incentives for their citizens to work.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites / Be Thankful! / I Put God And Family First. Actor Neal Mcdonough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.