Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander (321 Views)

Habib Aliyu, Zainab Aliyu's Father Thanks Nigerians, Buhari And Abike Dabiri / EFCC Enlists Foot Soldiers In The Fight Against Corruption / Traffic Warder Clashes With Soldier In Kwara, Colleagues Join In The Fight. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by heendrix(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2018
Yeah it's Yuletide and sure everyone is preparing in every bigger way they can But my concern is drawn to the fact that (As seen in the picture below) Imported Rice are been given out to even Federal government workers and from my Intel gather and people asked around this same imported Rice are also Given out in Banks, Hospitals, State Secretariats and also some many Federal government Facilities

But if I can recall I thought Buhari ban the importation of Foreign Rice plus thread here on NL of Customs even shooting and killing people seen with even just a Bag of Rice in their car trunk? and yet these rice are displayed publicly and even given out in Federal Government Facilities my question now is

1.Does the presidency seem ignorant about this or just quiet as usual ?

Or it's just the wish and Joy of Buhari just to see the masses starve and die of hunger undecided

Cause Quote me anyway our Local rice produced here are never shared in Public Facilities this same banned Rice are the ones shared. or please can anyone explain to me what I seem not to be understanding cause considering those who were killed, goods impounded by Custom officials to me seem outter wickedness and Lack of conscience to the suffering of the masses

if this is the Next Level they want us to go and are promising us abeg I disagree and disembark from the train/ bus sad

Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by Ibramamahi(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2018
The ban is through land borders. But it can important through sea and air port
Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by rottennaija(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2018
It's not a ban, it is a restriction from accessing forex through the cbn to import foreign rice. In that case, the importer will have to source for their forex in order to import, which is usually higher than what they could have gotten from the cbn. Obviously, the price of rice is also high.

This is a measure to encourage local producers of rice from the sort of competition they will get from imported rice.
Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by festacman(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2018
Buhari is reasonable. There is no total ban. If you import, be ready to pay thevstipulated duty to government.
The government is encouraging local production and discouraging importation. The importers are profit-oriented businesspersons who do not care about local production or how to preserve our Forex reserve for more important things. So it is up to government to work out ways of doing the right thing for the greater good.
Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by heendrix(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2018
rottennaija:
It's not a ban, it is a restriction from accessing forex through the cbn to import foreign rice. In that case, the importer will have to source for their forex in order to import, which is usually higher than what they could have gotten from the cbn. Obviously, the price of rice is also high.

This is a measure to encourage local producers of rice from the sort of competition they will get from imported rice.

thanks I guess have Learnt....cause seeing them shared in Public facilities makes me shocked on knowing imported Rice were sometimes banned. festacman thanks fr ur contribution to......Lalasticlala, mynd44 what do u think to?
Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by rottennaija(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
heendrix:

thanks I guess have Learnt....cause seeing them shared in Public facilities makes me shocked on knowing imported Rice were sometimes banned. festacman thanks fr ur contribution to......Lalasticlala, mynd44 what do u think to?

You are welcome
Re: Buhari And The Fight Against Imported Rice- By A Nairalander by festacman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
heendrix:

Thanks. Merry Christmas.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna: Fresh Attack Claims Lives / 103 Complaints Against SARS / Ahmed Hussein-suale: Ghana Journalist Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.