Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Does God Really Answers Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Answers Prayer? (2024 Views)

There Is God And He Answers Prayer / Did God Really Write The Bible? / Does God Answers Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Answers Prayer? by onstelly(f): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2010
This is the question my best friend ask me this afternoon, cos this is her third time of writing jamb yet no admission and to make matter worse her unizik post ume was pending, and she was ask by her pastor to fast for one week and also pray. She did all that, yet her result wasnt among the ones that was released and the school authority said that if your didnt see your result as of 12:30 pm yesterday, that you should just forget it. She has been crying since morning and was asking me if God really answers prayer, well to me i think he does but why didnt he answer my friend's own. What do your pple think?
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by Blueice4re(f): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yes he really does,encourage your friend never to give up on God. God has a purpose for every thing that happens, remember his ways and ours are not the same.
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by jerryem65(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
God answers simply because He did not answer ur friend doesn't me he no longer answer prayer! And smtx it is not God. But we are d cos we often fail to believe jugding our future with failures of d past. God know what is best 4 is children & in His time he makes all things beautiful 'faith' is lacking 4 God says whatever u ask in Jesus name believe& don't doubt that you av received my advice know what d will of God is and continue to pray 4 with God all things are possible! God is still in d bussiness of answering prayers if we come with beleiving heart and with a heart of thanksgiving!
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by Delafruita(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Blueice4re: Yes he really does,encourage your friend never to give up on God. God has a purpose for every thing that happens, remember his ways and ours are not the same.
dumb post.if his/friend had money for private university,will there be a need for one unserious pastor to recommend an unnecessary hunger strike?you people are just a bunch of lillies who arent ready to learn.instead of condenming the government that has made our educational system comatose,you people will be imposing hunger upon yourself.
if the government had a student loan programme that enables the middle class go to school and pay later,will you require fasting and prayer?
if there were enough universities in this country to cater for eligible candidates,will the silly pastor recommend fasting and prayer
@op
let your friend know that a university degree isnt a prerequisite for success.the lagos state government has technical schools with an open door policy at minimal cost.there's also the option of approaching alll these christian universities to "consider her afterall she is also part of the body of christ"

5 Likes

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by Delafruita(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
jerry.em65:
God answers simply because He did not answer ur friend doesn't me he no longer answer prayer! And smtx it is not God. But we are d cos we often fail to believe jugding our future with failures of d past. God know what is best 4 is children & in His time he makes all things beautiful 'faith' is lacking 4 God says whatever u ask in Jesus name believe& don't doubt that you av received my advice know what d will of God is and continue to pray 4 with God all things are possible! God is still in d bussiness of answering prayers if we come with beleiving heart and with a heart of thanksgiving!
mumu

4 Likes

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by 2good(m): 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
jerry.em65:

Arrant nonsense. I don't know why people are too blind to see this god doesn't exist. Something good happen it is god. Something bad happens, god's way becomes mysterious. It is like a probability game where either head or tail, the outcome is the same so why waste your time in believing crap? You are just suffering from pure delusion.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by Dipwater(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
Blueice4re: Yes he really does,encourage your friend never to give up on God. God has a purpose for every thing that happens, remember his ways and ours are not the same.

Religion is worst than HIV virus .it has destroyed the reasoning part of the brains of nigeria youths, I feel like crying for the youths of this country. Life is real and challenges are part of life .there are things dat require's common sense ,even with the knowledge of maths, nigerians cannot calculate with their heads .if there are 1000 students seeking 4 admission and the slots the universities have 4 a year wuld only admit 200 students. wat can be done to avoid the re occurence of this problem (a) build more universities and upgrade the existing ones(b) pray and fast to God with faith and seed offerings,tithes etc

90 percent of nigerians wuld still fail this simple question

5 Likes

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by Areaboy2(m): 12:07am On Jul 12, 2012
Back in school, In scripture union. we were told to "Pray like it all depends on it and study like it all depends on it"

Well, 10years now I can confidently say that one of the above can be done without the other and still get positive results.

I'm sure you have figured out which one it isn't.

The idea of God is no different from the tooth fairy undecided

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by divineappo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
2good:

Arrant nonsense. I don't know why people are too blind to see this god doesn't exist. Something good happen it is god. Something bad happens, god's way becomes mysterious. It is like a probability game where either head or tail, the outcome is the same so why waste your time in believing crap? You are just suffering from pure delusion.
@2good; you are lost already. Jesus came for the lost sheep of israel, u happen to be one of them. For ur info, God trully exists. Point of correction, "its God, not god". May God help u to know him.
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by skywolf66(m): 12:10am On Dec 23, 2015
@op tell your friend to stop wasting her precious time talking to an imaginary being

Try and read this book i Read online
THE EVOLUTION OF GOD

Let me quickly summarize it for you
People used to believe that God lives on a mountain
A very high mountain they climbed that mountain and guess what God was nowhere to be found
Later they said God lives in the Sky people are flying in the sky (on aeroplanes) and they have been to space God is still nowhere to be found
Then they said God exist in our hearts

Now let me ask you a question is it possible for someone that has limitless powers to exist in someone body

Why didn't he exist in his own body

And the theory of God existing in our hearts is wrong and illogical

The heart does not think and reason

It is the brain that does

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by MrCork: 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
onstelly:
This is the question my best friend ask me this afternoon, cos this is her third time of writing jamb yet no admission and to make matter worse her unizik post ume was pending, and she was ask by her pastor to fast for one week and also pray. She did all that, yet her result wasnt among the ones that was released and the school authority said that if your didnt see your result as of 12:30 pm yesterday, that you should just forget it. She has been crying since morning and was asking me if God really answers prayer, well to me i think he does but why didnt he answer my friend's own. What do your pple think?

...dyammmm...who's the fine chocolate yellow babe in yorrr picture profile & why did you steal another person foto?...she preeety! smiley
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by onstelly(f): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
MrCork:

...dyammmm...who's the fine chocolate yellow babe in yorrr picture profile & why did you steal another person foto?...she preeety! smiley
That's me biko
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by MrCork: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
onstelly:

That's me biko

...YOU LIE...U NOT HAS PREEEETIER HAS THAT...STOP STEALIN OTHER PEOPLE FOTO FOR YOR PICTURE PROFILE!!!!!(real talk) angry
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by onstelly(f): 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
MrCork:

...YOU LIE...U NOT HAS PREEEETIER HAS THAT...STOP STEALIN OTHER PEOPLE FOTO FOR YOR PICTURE PROFILE!!!!!(real talk) angry
I don't blame you
Isi aki
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by theEYe21(f): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Prayers doesn't work, this world or universe works by the laws of attraction. Whatever you sow you reap. That's how the world works. Not prayer, prayer is for lazy people or people with blind faith or people that doesn't want to accept reality as it is.
onstelly:
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by theEYe21(f): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
The difference between heart and brain is that, the brain can be corrupt but the heart cannot. The heart is full of positive emotions like love, compassion, guilt, the feel of concern and many others... It's the brain that has led to soo many immoralities and suffering of this world. But the unfortunate truth is that the brain is more important than the heart. This makes a balance.
skywolf66:
@op tell your friend to stop wasting her precious time talking to an imaginary being

Try and read this book i Read online
THE EVOLUTION OF GOD

Let me quickly summarize it for you
People used to believe that God lives on a mountain
A very high mountain they climbed that mountain and guess what God was nowhere to be found
Later they said God lives in the Sky people are flying in the sky (on aeroplanes) and they have been to space God is still nowhere to be found
Then they said God exist in our hearts

Now let me ask you a question is it possible for someone that has limitless powers to exist in someone body

Why didn't he exist in his own body

And the theory of God existing in our hearts is wrong and illogical

The heart does not think and reason

It is the brain that does
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by theEYe21(f): 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
Since the bible says we are created in God's image, doesn't that mean we are gods ourselves? Why can't we pray to ourselves if we want things to work. E.g Saying I'm successful in all that I do, I'm perfect, powerful and victorious.
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by elveco: 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Your friend shld seek divine direction in submission. Dan. 2:20-23
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:25am On Apr 09, 2016
theEYe21:
The difference between heart and brain is that, the brain can be corrupt but the heart cannot. The heart is full of positive emotions like love, compassion, guilt, the feel of concern and many others... It's the brain that has led to soo many immoralities and suffering of this world. But the unfortunate truth is that the brain is more important than the heart. This makes a balance.
You missed the point I think.

The heart is not the source of any emotions. Emotion centers all lie in the brain, the amygdala.
Re: Does God Really Answers Prayer? by theEYe21(f): 12:43am On Apr 09, 2016
My mistake! But humanity without a heart will bring about immorality and chaos
cloudgoddess:

You missed the point I think.

The heart is not the source of any emotions. Emotion centers all lie in the brain, the amygdala.

(1) (Reply)

Does ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / First Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's Birthday Today / Faith That Produces Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.