Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,621 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize (32640 Views)

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 22, 2018
brilliant cultist
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by anselm791(m): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2018
so this man had grey hairs even before I was born. respect sir.
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by blacq2009(m): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2018
This man has been old all his life.
Modified: Great man from birth.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Fash20: 7:37am On Dec 22, 2018
2chukwu:
Since I learnt Yoruba and certificate forgeries are like five and six,couple with the fact the dude is a mere confusionist who with all his awards could not be bold enough to stand up for anything right in his own county! Just like the other one with all his certificates and level of pastorship still serve under a lifeless and certificateless Fulani...tufiakwa!!!

We know who you are. You are just a dumb tribalist.

11 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by OkunrinOloro: 7:39am On Dec 22, 2018
When he won his "First" Nobel "Price"?

When did he win his "Second" "Price"?

Iliteracy is afflicting a lot of people these days.
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Omonoba1: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2018
Amumaigwe:

How many Nobel prizes has he won? If it is only one as I think,, your caption should read thus:

Wile Soyinka Shares adorable photo of 1986 when he first won his Nobel price.

Dangling modifier error. (Use. Of English)
lol,, Your caption is also wrong bruh! There is no need to include first at all.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by tmcleo2k2(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2018
“His first Nobel prize”...so how many does he have now? undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by virago(f): 7:55am On Dec 22, 2018
Amumaigwe:

How many Nobel prizes has he won? If it is only one as I think,, your caption should read thus:

Wile Soyinka Shares adorable photo of 1986 when he first won his Nobel price.

Dangling modifier error. (Use. Of English)

First shouldn't even appear in the sentence

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by virago(f): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2018
naijapips04:
first abi only Nobel prize ? Achebe is still greater than him.

Chinua Achebe is second to Wole Soyinka

Argue with your keyboard

9 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by DrHighchief(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2018
Robbin7:
First?
How many Nobel prize he win?
Good question....
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by deavicky(m): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2018
Woke Soyinka I tot you meant his brother till I saw the picture.
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by TAO11(f): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2018
2chukwu:
Since I learnt Yoruba and certificate forgeries are like five and six,couple with the fact the dude is a mere confusionist who with all his awards could not be bold enough to stand up for anything right in his own county! Just like the other one with all his certificates and level of pastorship still serve under a lifeless and certificateless Fulani...tufiakwa!!!

Soyinka was jailed by the Nigerian government in 1967 during the Biafra war just becuse he stood up and spoke up in support of your ancestors.

You need to enrol in some history lesson.

You ingrate, son of ingrates

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Ozkar: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2018
Price? Seriously? Even the person that pushed this to FP saw 'Nobel price' and was fine with it.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Mrclint222: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2018
Op it is wole Soyinka not woke.. It is prize not price, Abeg correct your post jor
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Otogah: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2018
Nollywoodpics:
See more fun throwback photos of Woke Soyinka .....SEE PHOTOS HERE
visit www.nicebuilder. for your house building
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by kokomilala(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2018
@2chukwu,you're contradicted, blinded and bound by,first,your prejudice against the Yoruba.Second,by your poor knowledge of Soyinka as a humanist and activist.And,third,you're bound by your inability to see beyond your nose.In short, your narrow-mindedness.
You just went gung-ho about the failings that are not Soyinka's. How much of his works have you studied?
He easily could have won the Nobel Peace Prize.He,in company of the late British philosopher, Bertrand Russell,and other activists, campaigned against nuclear arms.
This is a man who's had his own share of suffering in Nigeria. Much of his lifetime has been spent as an exile. From his imprisonment in 1967 to the dark era of Abacha.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by youngbang(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2018
Op! Make so some correction wole Soyinka not *woke Soyinka*
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by youngbang(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2018
Op! Make some corrections wole Soyinka not *woke Soyinka*
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by TAO11(f): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2018
naijapips04:

First Nobel Prize winner in Africa.

Achebe never smelt that prize throughout his life.

Achebe will perhaps never ever smell it even if given a second life.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by kokomilala(m): 8:12am On Dec 22, 2018
History has a sense of humor and has an uncanny way of repeating itself.William Shakespeare, same initials with Wole Soyinka, was the first to really write poetic plays after Christopher Marlowe had pioneered it. The world would wait another three centuries or thereabout to really relish this kind of literary craft.
So,in.a sense,Wole Soyinka is Shakespeare reborn.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Fortissimo502: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2018
Nollywoodpics:
Prof wole Soyinka Shares adorable photo of 1986 when he won his first Nobel price.

Wow. See more photos below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/woke-soyinka-shares-throwback-photo-of-1986-when-he-won-his-first-nobel-price/

How many Nobel prizes has he won?
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by Tochitee(m): 8:20am On Dec 22, 2018
2chukwu:
Ewu lineage.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by bigpicture001: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2018
He won nobel .Achebe won " bookerman".

The thing is that his award winning book is not even popular anywhere; " king babu"

Ordinary chimamanda is selling like fire evn without her promoting it in naija

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by ofiko123(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2018
The man is stil dwelling on past glory..
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by zanogo(m): 8:27am On Dec 22, 2018
bigpicture001:
He won
l lo nobel .Achebe won " bookerman".

The thing is that his award winning book is not even popular anywhere; " king babu"lo

Ordinary chimamanda is selling like fire evn without her promoting it in naija

Again he was a joint winner wuth 2 others

Dont get me wrong. I respect him!!!!
we all know your kind, your lamentations are as weak as you, just congratulate and move on, offline i hate people with this kind of inferior attitude.

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by jaymee0(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2018
Orla234:
Emeritus Extraordinaire!!!

I celebrate you Sir.

Im dey hear na
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by myettiallah: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2018
zanogo:

we all know your kind, your lamentations are as weak as you, just congratulate and move on, offline i hate people with this kind of inferior attitude.
Oga, I know Things Fall Apart....
I know Purple Hybiscus..
But can you tell me the book that gave Soyinka his nobel prize?
Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2018
Woke Soyinka is a good man

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by AmeLonRo(m): 9:04am On Dec 22, 2018
His first noble prize bawo? Thats his noble prize. Did he win another? You need Soyinka for your Grammar! (Na joke o, abeg grin)

https://newkokoro.com/2018/12/18/why-majority-lose-money-in-forex-trading/

Nollywoodpics:
Prof wole Soyinka Shares adorable photo of 1986 when he won his first Nobel price.

Wow. See more photos below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/woke-soyinka-shares-throwback-photo-of-1986-when-he-won-his-first-nobel-price/

Re: Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize by BluntBoy(m): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2018
naijapips04:

Illiterate.

How do you measure greatness?

Soyinka wrote more books, was more versatile (writing in all the genres) and even beyond as a scriptwriter and a musician. Soyinka has more awards, including the most coveted award in Literature (the Nobel Prize). And all these, in spite of being 4 years younger than Achebe.

Before you argue with me, better get your facts right. Today is Saturday, I have a lot of time on my hand.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today / Free E-books Download! / What Lurks In The Dark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.