Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You (31968 Views)

Noodles Challenge Thread.. Post Your Cooked Instant Noodles And Lets Rate!! / Global Demand For Instant Noodles; Nigeria Ranks 11 / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by doubletony: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2018
people’s kitchen, This is because its a fast, cheap and easy to cook food for the man on the go but it is important to note that this food can kill faster than known poison. Here is 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating Instant Noodles

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.

2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Styrofoam’, is a cancer causing agent.

3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus.

4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.

5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke,
hypertension and kidney damage.

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of
their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.

7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water

retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.
8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements
and bloating.

9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called “Propylene Glycol” which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used
because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the
body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to thoseareas.

10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles

Source

http://cookfornaija..com

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 22, 2018
I know you have good intentions but you need to understand something about long-serving multinational companies such as Indomie, they can make you disappear.....forever. You can't spring up from nowhere and try to spoil their market with half-assed 'research'.

They have the means. Watch your back!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by CreepyBlackpool: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
all that you wrote up there can only happen if you eat only noodles morning, afternoon and night and just eat it the way it comes in a pack.

When you cook it well, garnished with carrots, tomatoes, cabbages, green beans, egg, onions, meat. Then you have nothing to worry about

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by techking: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Earthbound:
I know you have good intentions but you need to understand something about long-serving multinational companies such Indomie, they can make you disappear.....forever. You can't spring up from nowhere and try to spoil their market with half-assed 'research'.

How?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hope someone will write an article about side effect of eating Eba,fufu and other heavy carbohydrates.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Cybertext(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lol.... Op the Indians are coming for you...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Chieftroller(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
shocked

Op if you like add HIV, that won't stop me from eating noodles

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by davit: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
I think the writer has a point though.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Wow
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by morikee: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Op maintain your self

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Iphone5: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Rubbish Research

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Ijaya123: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Instant noodles is one food you can’t find in my house. No processed food of any form, only freshly cooked food. Last time I tasted that crap was in 1998.

It has serious health risk on the long run but our country people don’t know.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
The type of Noodles my wife cook cannot cause the above. By the time she garnish it with Carrot, green pea, Boiled egg, friend chicken and other things I don't even know their names, ur soul will leap for joy.

35 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Authoreety: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
No b Today na
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by hustler2828: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
asuustrike1:

How?

You dey spoil business for them.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Gidah: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
Closest competition to garri currently the consumption rate no be small and e dey easy to cook for we lazy guys, after you don put market for body, if you know u know

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Ubdavis(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
This thing almost ruined my life way back in school. Am not trying to prove or disprove the writer.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by ednut1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
In the UK it is not uncommon for kids to have cancer. Nigeria it is rare. We all ate noddles wella as kids. Mr op carry ya mushroom article away

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by dreamwords: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
If its like that ,then Nothing is good for anyone
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Oluwaseyi456(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
Noodles is cause of my illness. ...I 'll advice d General public to decid from taken noodles
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by twinskenny(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
Earthbound:
I know you have good intentions but you need to understand something about long-serving multinational companies such Indomie, they can make you disappear.....forever. You can't spring up from nowhere and try to spoil their market with half-assed 'research'.

people just write stuff he need to even back it up with medical findings

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by twinskenny(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ubdavis:
This thing almost ruined my life way back in school. Am not trying to prove or disprove the writer.
can yu explain please??
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by femijay8271(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
Minimie wey be say na im I chop dis morning with tirii boiled eeg... OK wait make I show u d pot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2j2-HSzTA
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by don4real18(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
Well, the styrofoam part is a hoax

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by anoda(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
And i have a neigbhour feeding her todler indomie 24/7
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Babalegba(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
What kind of rubbish post is this.This country's libel laws are too lax or maybe the people are lawless.I hope indomie manufacturers lawyers react to this.Drinking too much water can cause death,fact.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by jman77(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
I discovered each time i eat indomie (hungryman & belleful) my urine turns green,shows that there are active chemical agents my body eliminates. I started little adding palm oil or stew to it b4 dem wound me. NAFDAC matter weak me aswear!

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by okwabayi(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
There's a similar thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/4676160/dangers-instant-noodles-chronic-inflammation.
There's also another where I went into full detail, explaining how despite all the bad press the product gets, prisoners in most countries subsist and most times thrive off it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by supereagle(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ijaya123:
Instant noodles is one food you can’t find in my house. Last time I tasted that crap was in 1998.

Has serious health risk on the long run but our country people don’t know.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

I don't even eat it. My wife will still cook it and eat.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
ednut1:
In the UK it is not uncommon for kids to have cancer. Nigeria it is rare. We all ate noddles wella as kids. Mr op carry ya mushroom article away
What op is saying to large extent is correct.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You by chijokz(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
Oluwaseyi456:
Noodles is cause of my illness. ...I 'll advice d General public to decid from taken noodles
I won't "decid" from "taken" noodles grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Children Ate Cucumber And Died In Cross River State. Graphic Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice / How Do You Eat Your Mango? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.