Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! (2226 Views)

Zik: A Genuine Nationalist Or A Fraud. / Hail The Nationalist Gen Murtala: See Pictures Of His Tragic Death,the Car And . / El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by 1luvkipsus: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
If Nigeria eva had or has a true Nationalist,dat person is Obj. obasanjo remains d only Nigerian leader who sees all of us as ONE single entity.He's d greatest of all our past leaders.Long live ur Excellency!!
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
I don't doubt that OBJ is a detribalised Nigerian but that does not mean he is a good person or even a good leader.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2010
1luvkipsus:

If Nigeria eva had or has a true Nationalist,dat person is Obj. obasanjo remains d only Nigerian leader who sees all of us as ONE single entity.He's d greatest of all our past leaders.Long live your Excellency!!

A Nationalist, A Detribalized Nigerian - Yes. The greatest of all our past leaders - NO
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by desgiezd(m): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2010
Some posts sha!
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
I guess OP meant to say detribalized and not diatribalized.

Anyway: OAM4J, do you think Obasanjo would have bombed Egbaland the way he sent troops to bomb Ijaws living quietly in Odi village?. Detribalized Nigerian ko, Obasanjo ni. undecided undecided undecided
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by MaziUche0(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2010
Of course he is detribalized. He was not a Yoruba leader, because he did not want any other Yoruba to shine brighter than him. With him, there could be only one Yoruba national leader.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Anyway: OAM4J, do you think Obasanjo would have bombed Egbaland the way he sent troops to bomb Ijaws living quietly in Odi village?. Detribalized Nigerian ko, Obasanjo ni. undecided undecided undecided
to the best of my assessment of obj,he would have sent in troops.non-yoruba benefitted more from him than the yoruba during his tenure.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
Neptunz:

to the best of my assessment of obj,he would have sent in troops.non-yoruba benefitted more from him than the yoruba during his tenure.

Why didn't he send troops to wipe out Ife/Modakeke residents when they started a similar turmoil like Odi during his regime?. This man you swear for massacred over 8,000 innocent ijaws in one day  and you think we should forget about it?. The blood of those women and children shall haunt him for the rest of his days.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Anyway: OAM4J, d[b]o you think Obasanjo would have bombed Egbaland the way he sent troops to bomb Ijaws living quietly in Odi village?[/b]. Detribalized Nigerian ko, Obasanjo ni. undecided undecided undecided

One could argue that was also an action in national interest, though i personally do not support it.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

One could argue that was also an action in national interest, though i personally do not support it.

So he refused to bomb Ife/Modakeke because it is inconsequential to national interest?. He refused to bomb kaduna when christians where pillaged because it was inconsequential to national interest?
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by ezeagu(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

Of course someone who is not from Odi can "argue" about slaughtering peoples families. undecided
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by MaziUche0(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
ezeagu:

Of course someone who is not from Odi can "argue" about slaughtering peoples families. undecided

Gbam!
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So he refused to bomb Ife/Modakeke because it is inconsequential to national interest?. He refused to bomb kaduna when christians where pillaged because it was inconsequential to national interest?

Naaa, I dont want to go that memory lane, so i'll let it rest. Besides i dont want to be seen as justifying the bombing of Odi or as Obj fan. But suffice to say, the events that led to bombing of Odi is not same as Ife and Kaduna events
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

Naaa, I dont want to go that memory lane, so i'll let it rest. Besides i dont want to be seen as justifying the bombing of Odi or as Obj fan. But suffice to say, the events that led to bombing of Odi is not same as Ife and Kaduna events

So you are not man enough to stand for what you believe?. You obviously believe in Obasanjo but you are afraid that supporting him here may get you bitchslapped by Ijaws. You are not a coward, are you?. Don't betray Obasanjo like this and support his ugly behind for once.

If I should ask: tell us the difference in the events that warrants different approach for both?. Ife/Modakeke were slaughtering both indigenes and non indigenes; Odi was just chaotic and no slaughtering was going on there; kaduna riot was the worse as over 6000 lives were lost yet Obasanjo didn't deem it fit to flex his muscles except in Odi[the least of the mayhems]. He sent troops to slaughter families, children, women and men. Will he do that to his own Egba people?. Say the truth.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2010
ezeagu:

MaziUche0:

Gbam!

like i will also argue against your justification of Chairman Mao shedding blood to keep China one

MaziUche0:

Sometimes blood needs to be shed. He united China which is his lasting legacy.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=491523.msg6514477#msg6514477
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by MaziUche0(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

like i will also argue against your justification of Chairman Mao shedding blood to keep China one
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=491523.msg6514477#msg6514477

Chairman Mao did not discriminate. What he did was mostly against his Han ethnic group. If OBJ did the same to his fellow Yorubas, than that would be different.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So you are not man enough to stand for what you believe?. You obviously believe in Obasanjo but you are afraid that supporting him here may get you bitchslapped by Ijaws. You are not a coward, are you?. Don't betray Obasanjo like this and support his ugly behind for once.

If I should ask: tell us the difference in the events that warrants different approach for both?. Ife/Modakeke were slaughtering both indigenes and non indigenes; Odi was just chaotic and no slaughtering was going on there; kaduna riot was the worse as over 6000 lives were lost yet Obasanjo didn't deem it fit to flex his muscles except in Odi[the least of the mayhems]. He sent troops to slaughter families, children, women and men. Will he do that to his own Egba people?. Say the truth.

hahhaahha LMAO. Good one! but I know better.

No. Am not a coward, just dont want to be mistaken for what am not cos am not Obj fan and i dont support the bombing of Odi. (said that before)
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

Chairman Mao did not discriminate. What he did was mostly against his Han ethnic group. If OBJ did the same to his fellow Yorubas, than that would be different.

Very few Yorubas actually believe Obasanjo served and protected the interest of Yorubas. He is seen more as a Nationalist like Zik.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by chosen04(f): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2010
1luvkipsus:

If Nigeria eva had or has a true Nationalist,dat person is Obj. obasanjo remains d only Nigerian leader who sees all of us as ONE single entity.He's d greatest of all our past leaders.Long live your Excellency!!

May the innocent souls he wasted in ODI haunt him all the days of his life. . . . . . . . .Amen
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2010
I agree OBJ is detribalized. Most members of his team and inner caucus (Soludo, Okonjo, Dora, Oby Ezekwile, El Rufai, Ribadu) were from other tribes.
But I think it's more because of his military background. Most of IBB men(Idika Kalu, Sam Aluko, Tunji Olagunju, Olawale Ige, Sam Oyoivbare, Omo Omoruyi, Alex Akinyele) were also from tribes other than his.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
Jarus:

I agree OBJ is detribalized. Most members of his team and inner caucus (Soludo, Okonjo, Dora, Oby Ezekwile, El Rufai, Ribadu) were from other tribes.
'

He was REQUIRED by law to aggregate people from other tribes for those jobs. Quota system is part and parcel of Nigeria's governance. Can you tell us why he bombed Odi yet refused to bomb Ife/Modakeke and kaduna for doing the same thing?
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by gogo123: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2010
obasanjo is an igbo hater and that,s a fact
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2010
gogo123:

The burden of proof is on you. He didn't bomb Umuahia, he rather bombed Odi which is Ijawland.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by OAM4J: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
chosen04:

May the innocent souls he wasted in ODI haunt him all the days of his life. . . . . . . . .Amen

My Biafran wife, how you dey? long time, where u go? I miss u. wink
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

'

He was REQUIRED by law to aggregate people from other tribes for those jobs. Quota system is part and parcel of Nigeria's governance.
Obasanjo and law in the same sentence?
No law stopped him from appropriating FCT ministry to a Yoruba man instead of El-Rufai. He created EFCC and even if its leadership was to be based on quota system, he had the option of starting with a Yorubaman instead of Ribadu, a fulani man. Finance ministry, instead of giving to Okonjo, he could have put a Yoruba man there.
Let's give it to him, he was detribalized.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by AloyEmeka8: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2010
Jarus:

Obasanjo and law in the same sentence?
No law stopped him from appropriating FCT ministry to a Yoruba man instead of El-Rufai. He created EFCC and even if its leadership was to be based on quota system, he had the option of starting with a Yorubaman instead of Ribadu, a fulani man. Finance ministry, instead of giving to Okonjo, he could have put a Yoruba man there.
Let's give it to him, he was detribalized.

Who was the attorney general, UN ambassador, etc during his regime?. They balance these posts by ethnic groups. Just like the senate president is from middle belt now and the house chief is Yoruba. It doesn't matter who becomes the president in 2011, the house chief must remain Yoruba. In the next dispensation, they are swapped again. The only authority he had over these appointments was choice. For a portfolio due to Yorubas, he may choose to reject Jarus in favor of Seun but his choice must be Yoruba. You witnessed the house remove Ettehgate and still replaced him with another from the west. It doesn't matter how yaradua felt about it. Nevertheless, presidents can swap positions to favor his ethnic group . For example: the petroleum minister is higher in rank than the minister for women affairs. He may swap the lesser minsterial position to the ethnic group he hates most and give the best to those from his ethnic group. After all, they can't complain of not having a ministerial post.

Go listen to Ojo madukwe in NY when the same question was thrown at him and you will understand it better. Obasanjo had Atiku as his vice for 8 years yet he hated him with passion. Why work with someone you hate so much?. He can get him removed but he must be replaced with another person from that zone. So, Obasanjo appointing Iweala and co doesn't mean he loves igbos or hausaa or Ijaws. He had no option.

Also, Obasanjo received a lot of spite from Yorubas; they never wanted him there and vehemently voted for Olu Falae; Yoruba journalists showed him pepper, even yoruba pastors predicted his death. What makes you think he should give a damn about them?. He still gave them the post because he had no OPTION.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2010
All you useless praise singers of the biggest crook Nigeria has ever known.

The man stole NTrillions and mortgaged your childrens future and you mumu are hear praising him because he employ you.

Shame on all you mumus angry
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
All you useless  praise singers of the biggest crook Nigeria has ever known.

The man stole NTrillions and mortgaged your childrens future and you mumu are hear praising him because he employ you.

Shame on all you mumus angry
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by ezeagu(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
gogo123:

Some are even saying he's Igbo sef. cheesy grin
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by becomrich3: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2010
what is nationalist.? senators and reps are not to be nationalist but tribalist.  That is thier function. If they want to be nationalist, they can go and join the nigeria army. Nobody vote them in to be nationalist.?  but only to be tribalist.

Now you talk about Obasanjo, that is nonsense talk, Obasanjo should point to a building in abuja with his name on it. Even small Northerner have building name after them. There is NO TOILET in Abuja named after Obasanjo.  Do you see any building with awolowo name in Abuja.? or Obasanjo name?  When Obasanjo dies do you think Yorubas would celebrate him. NO? Go and ask another Yorubaman. Who conducted the census figure that put Yorubas into trouble? Obasanjo, if they do not correct that injustice done to the Yorubas, Obasanjo would become the worst Yorubaman in history. Even the Next generation of Yorubas would hate him and curse. unborn children of the yoruba race shall hate him. correcting the injustice is the only way to help him. Or did you see any where in lagos they called Olusegun Obasanjo road or way. That should tell you how the Yorubas feel about him. I for a person pity him.  The Yorubas would say the world shall remember a good king and a bad king".

They shall not remember obasanjo by the time he dies, if your people can not remember you. No man would. The only way he can regain his name is to join us or he is finished.

The north rejected the abuja stadium to be named after Abiola.
Was Abiola a nationalist? Abiola was the greatest nationalist nigeria ever had. Go and ask anyone. Where did his nationalist get him , grave yard. Nigeria does not need a nationalist but honest leader. You can not call IBB a nationalist, Jonathan is not a nationalist, If Jonathan was a nationalist, do you think he would address the injustice done to the Yorubas, this are what nationalist do? This is how you judge leaders who are not tribalist. That why the Yoruba people would only vote for a person that would stand up to correct that injustice before the election, the Yorubas shall not vote for Jonathan and the PDP if they do not correct it before election day. 

Dont judge people by what they SAY, judge them by what they do, action speak better than WORDS. Am I a nationalist for wanting the northerners to be majority and take 70% of the oil , so that we can have peace? Ask yourself that question if I am a nationalist?
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by becomrich3: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
Now assume Obasanjo dies, God forbid. Is it the Airport(invisible) in Abeokuta that they did built that they would name after him or the stadium(Invisible) they did not built in Abeokuta that they would name after Obasanjo. They never built any, and they would have nothing to name after obasanjo. Abuja airport have been taken by Azikiwi.

Well They may name Yobe airport after Obasanjo? It sound funny, but it is not a joke.  While for Bankole they would name Jigawa airport after him?

Where is Gbenga daniel going to get the money from. Sell the people.

Yoruba Ronu.
Re: A True Nationalist! A Diatribalized Nigerian! by darqly(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2010
@op check your thesaurus for the meaning of 'diatribe' and understand the mishmash of your words. Though far as obj is concerned,i agree he was quite useless

(1) (2) (Reply)

What we did not know about Buhari / Boko Haram Next Target Is Jos Plateau State Beware / Jonathan Appoints Sarah Jibril, Abati , Olagunju , 12 Others As Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.