Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Virginia Tech Rampage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Virginia Tech Rampage (13732 Views)

Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Virginia Tech Rampage by Mamajama(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
At least 22 people were killed in two incidents when a lone gunman opened fire on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg on Monday, police said. Police said they believed the shooter was among the dead. Tech President Charles Steger called the shootings "a tragedy of monumental proportions

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by BlackMamba(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
I'll get back to this when I'm done with the Nigerian rampage. More pressing issues back home.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2007
sad sad sad, now 31 dead (including shooter) i wonder if they will ever find out what went wrong in his head,

God! now College is scaring me oo.

what a thing!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by donmayor(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
Why did the shooter have to kill innocent people? <<snip:promoting violence>>
It's so sad that poeple died for no reason.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
It's so sad my brother. It's said to be the worst in the history of American College. Imagine young college student getting ready to go to class, some already in class, sent to great beyond. oh!! this life  cry I weep for the young lives that was taken.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 5:34am On Apr 17, 2007
i was about to post this topic too,  that story was so sad.  I think they should get rid of guns in the U.S. just a suggestion
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Mamajama(m): 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2007
Gunman identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea
Ballistics tests show one of the guns found was used in the dorm and classroom building shootings
"The injuries were just amazing," doctor says

May the victims soul rest in peace. this is sad
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
Actually it's 33 people including the shooter. It is really sad. cry cry cry cry My sympathies go to the victims' families.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Mamajama(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2007
Gunman identified as Cho Seung-hui, a 23-year-old English major from South Korea
Note left by Cho rails against "rich kids" and "deceitful charlatans," Chicago Tribune reports
Cho called a loner by university official
Police: Victims found in four classrooms, stairwell

I hope the find a solution to preventing this kind of act and stop the blaming game
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by uspry1(f): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2007
I just found out today receiving from my church bereaved announcement (electronically) that i could not believe hearing this.

One of among 32 dead is named Erin Peterson, a student of Virginia Tech. She was my active church member here in Virginia. Virginia Tech is more than 200 miles southwestern Virginia from my currently residence and church---more than 4 hours driving.

Please continue praying for my church member, Erin's family the Hogan and Peterson in the spiritual deliverance of healing processing in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen,

Uspry1
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2007
I don't like depression drug, he was said to be on depression drug.

sad that we may never know the motive behind his killing spree. was it a girlfriend issue, roommate issue, family problem, classmates? so many question mark.

he should not have been a loner. he should have come on Nairaland and have fun. and by the time he post one or two, he would have been fine,

May the souls of the departed rest in peace. may the Lord be with the family.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2007
Its a wake up call
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

he should not have been a loner. he should have come on Nairaland and have fun. and by the time he post one or two, he would have been fine,

that is why even in poverty, in the face of rogues like Obasanjo and Atiku, massive election rigging and widespread power outages Nigerians are the happiest people on earth. Perhaps it is because we are too hugnry to go shooting our school mates. In that case long may our hunger last! grin
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 12:39am On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

LMAO.I don't think NL is a good place for someone who is mentally disturbed grin He would have been more irate if he had used NL cos he would have been engrossed in NL's myriad quarrels

Alternatively,he could have been right at home with many of the nutters that populate this forum
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

that is why even in poverty, in the face of rogues like Obasanjo and Atiku, massive election rigging and widespread power outages Nigerians are the happiest people on earth. Perhaps it is because we are too hugnry to go shooting our school mates. In that case long may our hunger last! grin

lol, that is the same thing i sed. this is usually happening in all white skools or sumn,  Africans would not spend their hard earned money on some gun to shoot people,  which time do we have to go and do that ?

with all those police that arrived  lives were still lost

Lord Jesus Christ is the only security we got
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 1:30am On Apr 18, 2007
LMHO  grin

4 Play:

Alternatively,he could have been right at home with many of the nutters that populate this forum

For real? lol
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 1:33am On Apr 18, 2007
Abi ooo, them chop belleful. na person whey dey hunger fit carry gun?

davidylan:

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 1:36am On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

Abi ooo, them chop belleful. na person whey dey hunger fit carry gun?

Here in Nigeria,we kill people for a "cause"-mishandling the Koran,keeping PDP in power,e.t.c
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

Here in Nigeria,we kill people for a "cause"-mishandling the Koran,keeping PDP in power,e.t.c

The term "Nigerian" does not apply to all of us. Some of us are from Niger and Chad by default. There they kill for mishandling the quran, for being Igbo and for cartoons drawn by an astronaut in the moon.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 1:39am On Apr 18, 2007
@ 4 Play

True, there are really sick pple around you know. many are sick upstair.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 1:39am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

Abi o! We still thank God that no one is going around with guns and shooting our students up and down.

This is sad. They should have shut the school down after the first incident.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 1:51am On Apr 18, 2007
j-girl:

Abi o! We still thank God that no one is going around with guns and shooting our students up and down.

You never hear about cultism?Cultism takes more student lives per annum in Naija than in the US
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 1:55am On Apr 18, 2007
cultism is a federal problem. I haven't seen one guy get up and just shoot everyone in school then himself out of depression in naija.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

You never hear about cultism?Cultism takes more student lives per annum in Naija than in the US

Cultists shoot fellow cultists. I am yet to hear of a Nigerian kid write a rambling letter about stalking women, strangling his stepfather, buy two guns and go killing his school mates and professors!
Ever heard of a Nigerian kid in depression?

j-girl:

This is sad. They should have shut the school down after the first incident.

How would they send out 26000 students in 2hrs and to where? They were not even aware of the shooter nor what really was happening that would that helped them come to a decision. The school is not to blame! It is easy to blame the school becasue we all expect that Americans should be able to perform magic and do the right thing always. Sometimes they are merely human like us too.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 18, 2007
real sad story.
At first I thought Jihad had come to Virginia Tech
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 2:06am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

Cultists shoot fellow cultists. I am yet to hear of a Nigerian kid write a rambling letter about stalking women, strangling his stepfather, buy two guns and go killing his school mates and professors!
Ever heard of a Nigerian kid in depression?

You overestimate the accuracy of the shooting abilities of Nigerian students.Lecturers,innocent students,e.t.c regularly get shot in Naija

Whatever is the motive behind the violence,the consequence of on-campus violence is felt more by the average Nigerian student than by the average American student.I would be more fearful sending my kids to a Nigerian uni than a US uni
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:07am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

Abi oh.Its so so sad though.I Sympathize with families who lost loved ones and the school.I still cant figure out why the shooter acted dt way.Why didnt someone call the police immediately?I hope the letter they found gives them a clue.Am so so scared to go to school now cos u neva can tell.Everyone gat to be on d lookout for quiet students.I hope no Nairalander goes to that school?What a loss?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 18, 2007
9ja4eva:

Abi oh.Its so so sad though.I Sympathize with families who lost loved ones and the school.I still can't figure out why the shooter acted dt way.Why didnt someone call the police immediately?I hope the letter they found gives them a clue.Am so so scared to go to school now because u never can tell[b].Everyone got to be on d lookout for quiet students.I hope no Nairalander goes to that school[/b]?What a loss?

No, Nairaland users mostly go to backyard schools like Howard and TSU lol
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by star01(m): 2:10am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

No, Nairaland users mostly go to backyard schools like Howard and TSU
if they can afford those
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

You overestimate the accuracy of the shooting abilities of Nigerian students.Lecturers,innocent students,e.t.c regularly get shot in Naija

Whatever is the motive behind the violence,the consequence of on-campus violence is felt more by the average Nigerian student than by the average American student.I would be more fearful sending my kids to a Nigerian uni than a US uni

Of course we cannot make comparisons between American and Nigerian colleges. That of Nigeria is multifactorial, add poverty and joblessness and you have a recipe for disaster. The Americans dont have that excuse.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

No, Nairaland users mostly go to backyard schools like Howard and TSU lol

i thought most of them were either in highschool, struggling with associate degrees in community colleges or working odd jobs. tongue
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:13am On Apr 18, 2007
depression and bad stress can be dangerous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

6 Children Rescued From Human Trafficker In Ogun / Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos / 45-Year-Old Woman Raped, Killed In Ondo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.