Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Virginia Tech Rampage - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Virginia Tech Rampage (13730 Views)

Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 18, 2007
star01:

if they can afford those

yeah,they can be pricey too.
Thank God for Community colleges (poor mans Harvard)
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:14am On Apr 18, 2007
lol, babyosisi, how you know now? lol
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 18, 2007
omoge:

lol, babyosisi, how you know now? lol

I be nigerian now,how i no go know
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 18, 2007
kai, thank God for anonymity.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:16am On Apr 18, 2007
really? many go to community colleges? i thought only oyinbo go to community college
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

kai, thank God for anonymity.

ROFl.
Just because i haven't chopped off heads doesn't mean I haven't seen already chopped off heads lol
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 2:17am On Apr 18, 2007
Are you saying that there are no depressed Koreans in community colleges?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by star01(m): 2:17am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

yeah,they can be pricey too.
Thank God for Community colleges (poor mans Harvard)
but sometimes its pretty better to start with community college then get transferred after 2 years, (not havard ooooooo)
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

there are depressed people everywhere.
Them bokwu for nairaland sef
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:20am On Apr 18, 2007
@babyosisi

No be only backyard na bukyard.If dose ones r backyard skuls so many people will jump at the opportunity of going there.LOL

@Omoge

Really bad thing.Thank God its nt common with Africans.The guy wld nt have killed himself he wld have waited for people to beat him to death.Na wa oh
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:21am On Apr 18, 2007
ummm maybe Cho Hui should have gone to community college, class and work then he wouldn't have had time for carrying Rambo style ammo. where did he learn how to shoot sef? 23 years old for still dey diaper or better still ask about private parts on NL, a learning place (naija community college)
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

there must be a few. for now we'll express our condolences, fly our flags at half mast for a week, belabour the incident on the media and then promptly wait for the next shooting.

star01:

but sometimes its pretty better to start with community college then get transferred after 2 years, (not havard ooooooo)

na lie!  grin try attending a continuing education center for 2 yrs in Nigeria.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:23am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

there are depressed people everywhere.

Depressed Africans wld do that.33 people?Ha d boy no go ever free from depression even now hes in the grave.I can imagine what he will be going thru where ever he is now.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by star01(m): 2:24am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

na lie!  grin try attending a continuing education center for 2 years in Nigeria.

u cant compare COLEGE in naija with COMMUNITY IN HERE  , they re far far different
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 18, 2007
davidylan:

there must be a few. for now we'll express our condolences, fly our flags at half mast for a week, belabour the incident on the media and then promptly wait for the next shooting.

na lie!  grin try attending a continuing education center for 2 years in Nigeria.

no David!!.
Most of our Nigerian professionals in america (nurses) owe their education to community colleges
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:25am On Apr 18, 2007
lol you wan killi me with laughter  grin grin grin grin

babyosisi:

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

no David!!.
Most of our Nigerian professionals in america (nurses) owe their education to community colleges

no wonder plenty girls dey make noise on nairaland. grin Those of us not priviledged to attend community colleges take our bow of respect.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 2:26am On Apr 18, 2007
I read somewhere that the levels of depression in Nigeria is one of the lowest in the world(not "the Nigerians are the happiest people in the world" study).
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:28am On Apr 18, 2007
Of course i never hear depression for Nigeria.Comma full everywhere oh.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by star01(m): 2:28am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

I read somewhere that the levels of depression in Nigeria is one of the lowest in the world(not "the Nigerians are the happiest people in the world" study).

lowest level of depresion, highest level of crime
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

At least we are the lowest in the world at one bad thing! Praise God! grin grin
It is not possible to be depressed on an empty stomach. Depression requires energy!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:30am On Apr 18, 2007
What wld u say of Baghdad?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:30am On Apr 18, 2007
Yes, the police slow? the pple will take over. look for tire and fiam put am for him neck.

something might have triggered his action, something makes depression go into full moon.
so many things for him to do, join American Idol, work, join NL etc,

may such never occur again, amen.

9ja4eva:

Really bad thing.Thank God its nt common with Africans.The guy would nt have killed himself he would have waited for people to beat him to death.Na wa oh

Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by maree7(f): 2:31am On Apr 18, 2007
People must have been teasing the Choi Hui boy alot ,  especially being a foreigner,
and all his anger got stored up inside,  And u no in America nobody notices if anybody is depressed people are usually tryin to mind their own business,  so nobody really cared to talk to him.

that is usually the case.

It is sooo sad.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 18, 2007
4 Play:

I beg to differ.
I'm certain a large number of Nigerians are  depressed.
Try going to the market and not clearing the way for those barrow pushers.
No sane man would almost knock you down with those saw edged "vehicles".
I'm talking from experience.
I almost got run over by a barrow last Christmas,what kind of story would that have been?
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:33am On Apr 18, 2007
there is depression in nigeria, those going to bed hungry what do you think it is?

just that they don't give it name like oyinbo and no money to go hospital for sickness whey papa and mama no see with their eyes.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 18, 2007
maree7:

People must have been teasing the Choi Hui boy alot ,  especially being a foreigner,
and all his anger got stored up inside,  And u no in America nobody notices if anybody is depressed people are usually tryin to mind their own business,  so nobody really cared to talk to him.

It is sooo sad.

Dont even attempt to excuse the actions of a criminal. A foreigner? He's be in the US since he was 8!
Is he the first foreigner to be teased? I got the name of my town murdered on monday, i did not pick up a glock 9mm pistol and shoot my mates in the head!
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by jgirl3: 2:35am On Apr 18, 2007
But he was a permanent resident living with his family. He's been here for 15 years so why would he just kill some people after enduring it for 15 years. Did you guys read the plays he wrote? They were so deadly.
@ davidylan - thank you o!
Apparently he was angry at the 'rich' kids as well.

Here's the source of the plays he wrote.
http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/17/cho-seung-huis-plays/
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 18, 2007
Nigerians have a stigma on mental illness so don't seek help until we see a full blown schizophrenic with no clothes on.
Depression is pretty rampant everywhere,Nigerians are just not diagnosed.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by omoge(f): 2:36am On Apr 18, 2007
you are right, let me quote something am reading,

"When we read Cho's plays, it was like something out of a nightmare. The plays had really twisted, macabre violence that used weapons I wouldn't have even thought of," former classmate Ian McFarlane, now an AOL employee, wrote in a blog posted on an AOL Web site. He said he and other students "were talking to each other with serious worry about whether he could be a school shooter."

"We always joked we were just waiting for him to do something, waiting to hear about something he did," said another classmate, Stephanie Derry. "But when I got the call it was Cho who had done this, I started crying, bawling."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

maree7:

People must have been teasing the Choi Hui boy alot ,  especially being a foreigner,
and all his anger got stored up inside,  And u no in America nobody notices if anybody is depressed people are usually tryin to mind their own business,  so nobody really cared to talk to him.

It is sooo sad.
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 4Play(m): 2:38am On Apr 18, 2007
It might sound crass but the first thing I thought when I heard the identity of the shooter is "thank God,he is not black"
Re: Virginia Tech Rampage by 9ja4eva: 2:39am On Apr 18, 2007
babyosisi:

I beg to differ.
I'm certain a large number of Nigerians are  depressed.
Try going to the market and not clearing the way for those barrow pushers.
No sane man would almost knock you down with those saw edged "vehicles".
I'm talking from experience.
I almost got run over by a barrow last Christmas,what kind of story would that have been?

Depression get levels then.I think wat u r trying to say is anger and dt is cos d people dey find food to chop.LOL.Thank God u survived.lmao
 Nigerians are nt as depressed as this people.Have u ever heard of a depressed Nigerian dt jumped into d Lagoon or d likes?Depression in this part of the world is acute.

omoge:

Yes, the police slow? the people will take over. look for tire and fiam put am for him neck.

something might have triggered his action, something makes depression go into full moon.
so many things for him to do, join American Idol, work, join Nairaland etc,

may such never occur again, amen.

I do not think anyone can try dt in Nigeria cos odeshi full everywhere.LOL.

I dnt tink anyone can anyway.I really pray it doesnt happen again anywayz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

6 Children Rescued From Human Trafficker In Ogun / 45-Year-Old Woman Raped, Killed In Ondo Community / NIMC: Those Extorting NIN Applicants Risk Seven Years In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.