Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival (33794 Views)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

Show me where Jesus instructed you to celebrate Christmas.

If you can't find it, then it means you are speaking when God hasn't spoken. You will be severely punished for that.

I never said Jesus instructed us to celebrate his birthday. I only said he never gave any hint against celebrating his Birthday. Now, for you to come up and start telling us not to celebrate the birth of our saviour when he never spoke against, it means you are trying to speak for Jesus.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

You know the moniker you're replying..you should know that the person behind such moniker is NOT here to agree or learn..but to derail and confuse..why give him such audience??

No.

Rather, I think you are scared at how I am hitting the nail on the head.

The very foundations of what you believe in is being shaken on this thread and you want to make an excuse to escape.

So far, alBhagdadi has gone from saying December 25th is Christmas to agreeing it was a selected date.

I call that progress.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

You know the moniker you're replying..you should know that the person behind such moniker is NOT here to agree or learn..but to derail and confuse..why give him such audience??

I'll henceforth ignore him.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 11:21am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Exactly.

If we pick July 23rd, they will still find a god to attach it to or something pagan to make them say the day is wrong.

Their aim is to blot out the name of Jesus from this world. They know people get to hear of the name a lot during Christmas period, so they are angry and want that stopped.

God owns all days.

So many truths in one short post.

Kudos! cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by bayelsaowei(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

So if Jesus' birthday is subject to change, where is its relevance?

leave that religious olodo.. some humans are just not teachable...
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I never said Jesus instructed us to celebrate his birthday. I only said he never gave any hint against celebrating his Birthday. Now, for you to come up and start telling us not to celebrate the birth of our saviour when he never spoke against, it means you are trying to speak for Jesus.

So men like yourself woke up one day & decided they wanted to celebrate the birthday of Jesus without the authorization of the Bible?

Another contradictory statement.

I thought you lot said the Bible guides Christianity?

How come an act that was not sanctioned by the Holy Book defines the most significant day in modern day Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:24am On Dec 23, 2018
iyamchee:

Like I told the other guy. If God created a system for counting days and time we wouldn't be having this argument
God gave man the power and wisdom to continue creating things from him..which man has continued to do from the beginning of recorded time..whether for good or bad...why don't you argue against the worshipping on Sundays as against Saturdays? Christ didn't worship at the temple on Sundays..but the holy spirit has shown us that we can worship on all the days of the week without fear of reproach..for when two or more are gathered IN HIS NAME...tell me good friend, I whose name do Christians gather to celebrate on Christmas day??
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Mccullum: 11:24am On Dec 23, 2018
[/quote]

You really trying to convince people but you can only convince those who are anticipated to accept your assertions..

Nothing changed the fact that origination of Christmas celebration was practice of pagans...

Either you submit your self fully to your creator or continue to indirectly joins pagans in celebration of their gods.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I'll henceforth ignore him.

You are only ignoring me because you have failed to answer ONE of the numerous facts I have thrown at you this morning.

You are looking for feeble minds to bamboozle with Bible verses.

Not me.
I see through that.

You will either proffer answers this morning right here on this thread or remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by MadamExcellency: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2018
iyamchee:

Oga, still doesn't change the fact that our system of counting days and time were designed by pagan humans.......
God owns the days I'm totally in agreement. But the average Igbo man believes in the market day system which belonged to some certain god to different days.
If God had brought a system we probably won't be arguing about this

Our argument borders on attributing sin to an innocent act done to appreciate Christ.

I celebrate Jesus Christ because I love him. No matter the date, day or hour we chose, God looks into our hearts and understands the reason for the celebration.

Romans 14:6
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

No.

Rather, I think you are scared at how I am hitting the nail on the head.

The very foundations of what you believe in is being shaken on this thread and you want to make an excuse to escape.

So far, alBhagdadi has gone from saying December 25th is Christmas to agreeing it was a selected date.

I call that progress.
Lol at hitting the nail on the head..The Bible already said it "professing themselves to be wise the became foolish" Romans 1:22...I've been here for a very long time..trust me I've seen much more logical and compelling argument on this forum than yours..and even then, they were still riddled with loopholes and ad hominem.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2018
Mccullum:

You really trying to convince people but you can only convince those who are anticipated to accept your assertions..

Nothing changed the fact that origination of Christmas celebration was practice of pagans...

Either you submit your self fully to your creator or continue to indirectly joins pagans in celebration of their gods.

I'm what way is what we do when we celebrate Christmas related to whatever pagans do when they celebrate their gods?

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2018
iyamchee:
The only feast God asked us to do in his remembrance was the holy communion also known as the breaking of bread.....
Please let's be informed.
You cannot just go about creating festivals in God's name. That's false doctrination and is a very big sin.Stop leading people to destruction.

If celebrating Christmas means destruction to you that means we are all hell bound. Because there are 1000s of things not specifically commanded in the Bible that we are doing today because of advancement in technology and other factors. cool
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AllenSpencer: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2018
Op doesnt know how many gods that were born on December 25th

BUDDHA. ...
KRISHNA. ...
ZARATHUSTRA. ...
HERCULES. ...
MITHRA. ...
DIONYSUS. ...
THAMMUZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2nB5mrZbE
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2018
MadamExcellency:

Our argument borders on attributing sin to an innocent act done to appreciate Christ.

I celebrate Jesus Christ because I love him. No matter the date, day or hour we chose, God looks into our hearts and understands the reason for the celebration.

Romans 14:6
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Please don't mind those satanists. They keep talking without Bible verses to back their claim up. Thanks for Colossians 2:16. The jars want to judge us when the apostles didnt judge us.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by iyamchee(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2018
Alexis11:

If celebrating Christmas means destruction to you that means we are all hell bound. Because there are 1000s of things not specifically commanded in the Bible that we are doing today because of advancement in technology and other factors. cool

Destruction doesn't always mean hell
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Lol at hitting the nail on the head..The Bible already said it "professing themselves to be wise the became foolish" Romans 1:22...I've been here for a very long time..trust me I've seen much more logical and compelling argument on this forum than yours..and even then, they were still riddled with loopholes and ad hominem.

Idgaf how long you have been here. I do not care if you started Nairaland.
You can keep the chestbeating and bragging for your church members.
I only care about what you have upstairs RIGHT NOW.

Kindly point out ONE loophole.

I'll wait...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2018
AllenSpencer:
Op doesnt know how many gods that were born on December 25th

BUDDHA. ...
KRISHNA. ...
ZARATHUSTRA. ...
HERCULES. ...
MITHRA. ...
DIONYSUS. ...
THAMMUZ.

Every god is now born on December 25th. grin

I believe Satan knew that date will make Christianity popular, so he decided to taint it with lies which has deceived people like you.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Please don't mind those satanists. They keep talking without Bible verses to back their claim up. Thanks for Colossians 2:16. The jars want to judge us when the apostles didnt judge us.

Just like you quoted this verse, show us a Bible verse that backs Christmas.

Quote it.

Why can't you do that?
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Antivirus92(m): 11:34am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:
alBHAGDADI & MrPresident1 answer these questions or forever remain silent:

1. Why wasn't Christmas mentioned in the Bible?

2. Why did St. Peter, St. Paul and all the authors of the New Testament not make reference to Christmas in the numerous letters they wrote to the churches?

3. How could shepherds be out with their sheep at night on Jesus' birthday if Jesus was born in winter?

4. Why did Christians wait till 336AD (over 300 years after Jesus' death) to celebrate their first Christmas?

5. Why did it take a Pagan (Emperor Constantine) to "remind" Christians to celebrate the most important day of their religion?

PS: You cannot quote Bible verses because the Bible actually has nothing to say about Christmas since the Bible was written long before Christmas (as we are made to believe).
the problem with you false believers is that u try to twist everything out of malice and then back them up with shallow bible verses.......
Was CHRISTIANITY mentioned in the bible
so we should cease being christians because it wasn't??
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2018
Alexis11:

Help me to ask that liar to show us where God said we should hold night vigils in churches. He won't be able to find, yet churches do so because they've been given the power to Bind and lose here on earth, a thing heaven agrees with

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AllenSpencer: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Every god is now born on December 25th. grin

I believe Satan knew that date will make Christianity popular, so he decided to taint it with lies which has deceived people like you.

Research!

Their are several more gods born on that date and records are there. I didnt make it up

All this gods showed same signs at birth just like Christ
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2018
ItsTime4me:
[s]Have you ever read Exodus 32:4-10? That portion of the bible talks about how the Israelites adopted an Egyptian religious practice but gave it a new name, " a festival to Jehovah." But how did God feel? He severely punished them for that.

Yes, the Bible does not specifically contain the command "do not celebrate Christmas," but the principle set out in that book of Exodus is that God cares so much about the origin of celebrations, even though they may seem harmless.

Consider this illustration. Suppose you love candy so very much. And as you're walking along the road, you saw your favorite candy in a gutter. Would you go ahead and pick it up and consume it? I know you would not. Why? Because it's from a contaminated source. Similar, since the source of Christmas celebration is pagan, no matter how you change the name or paint it to look harmless, you are contaminating yourself and God won't be happy with you just like he wasn't happy with the Israelites[/s].

Lol... Ignorance. grin
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AllenSpencer: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2018
Here are names of Gods throughout history that were said to have been born by a virgin on 25th December.

HORUS
An Ethiopian-Sudanese God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA
A Nepal God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 563 YEARS before Jesus.

KRISHNA
An Indian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 900 YEARS before Jesus.

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 800 YEARS before Jesus.

MITHRA
A Persian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin- 600 YEARS before Jesus.

DIONYSUS
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 500 YEARS before Jesus.

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 400 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES
A Greek God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

ADONIS
A Phoenician God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 200 YEARS before Jesus.

JESUS CHRIST
A Roman God, born 25th December, by a Virgin around 300 AD.
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by alBHAGDADI: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2018
AllenSpencer:

Research!

Their are several more gods born on that date and records are there. I didnt make it up

Stop reading lies. How can a grown man like you believe what you wrote up there?

grin
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Antivirus92(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

Just like you quoted this verse, show us a Bible verse that backs Christmas.
Quote it.
Why can't you do that?
what is the essence of Christmas?? To celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.... luke 2:11-14, Matthew 2:11-12 even the angels rejoiced and celebrated the birth of Jesus
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2018
AllenSpencer:

Research!

The man knows nothing.

He doesn't read. His whole knowledge is restricted to Genesis and Revelations that is why his arguments are myopic.

He started this thread by saying Nimrod was the Roman Sun God when in truth the Roman Sun God was Mithra.
Romans have worshipped Mithra even before Jesus was born!
It was the official religion of Rome in that time & Israel was governed by Rome.

Saint Constantine, the Father of Christianity was actually a member of the Cult of Sol Invictus (Sun God)!

These people don't even know their own history!!
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AllenSpencer: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Stop reading lies. How can a grown man like you believe what you wrote up there?

grin

You fail to read

Read about Horus only

This facts littering the media space and you can have access to it at will

Its not sold but free
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

1. So, you finally agree that Christmas was a human invention.

If Christmas came into existence in 336AD it means Jesus, Peter, Paul etc know nothing about it which makes it fabricated!

Simple.

2. You are free to celebrate? grin

Really?
So why don't you celebrate Eid El Kabir or No Bra Day too?

What's stopping you?

3. Where is proof that Satan boasted he will be like God?

Asides the Bible (a book which could be fictional), where else does this story exist?

Show us!

4. I do not want to "ask everyone". This isn't a debate of opinion - we are talking facts here.
I'm asking YOU.

And as I have corrected you earlier, Mithra, not Nimrod was the Roman Sun God as at when Christmas was created. His day of celebration was December 25th (long before Christmas came into existence).

You mean the bible could be fabricated and u requested from one of ur quotes that he should mention a place in the bible where Christmas was mentioned. And the dude would have wasted his precious time to dish u what u don't believe in. Lucifer, please keep ur believe to urself. The truth will prevail someday.

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by LuciferCatholic: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

grin

Counter it with facts!
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by Alexis11: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2018
Who noticed that most poor Christians has adopted that "Christmas is a sin" mantra?? grin

cheesy
Re: Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival by AllenSpencer: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2018
LuciferCatholic:

The man knows nothing.

He doesn't read. His whole knowledge is restricted to Genesis and Revelations that is why his arguments are myopic.

He started this thread by saying Nimrod was the Roman Sun God when in truth the Roman Sun God was Mithra.
Romans have worshipped Mithra even before Jesus was born!
It was the official religion of Rome in that time & Israel was governed by Rome.

Saint Constantine, the Father of Christianity was actually a member of the Cult of Sol Invictus (Sun God)!

These people don't even know their own history!!

Thanks

You said it all
He is not enlightened

He inherited religion, he never found it so he knows nothing about it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / A different View on COZA Sex Scandal / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.