Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible (12500 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Sex And How It Almost Destroyed My Life / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 7:11am On Dec 23, 2018
What is Tithe?
Tithe is a Tenth of your Profit, Gains, Rewards,etc Heb 7:4, Gen 14:20

1. Tithing is Biblical: The Matter of Tithing didn't Just jump out from the Sky.. Tithing Orginated since the days of Our Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY Dealings with Man.
Genesis 14:20, Nehimiah 13:12, 2Chronicles 31:12, 2Chronicles 31:5-6, Numbers 18:24, Malachi 3:8-10

2. Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House I.e A Place where GOD ALMIGHTY IS WORSHIPPED, Overseen by a Servant of GOD:
Nehemiah 13:12-13, 1Chronicle 26:20, Malachi 3:10, 2Chronicles 31:11-12, Gen 14:18, Provb 3:9

3. How Is it to Be Distributed:

A. The Priests, Pastors, Apostles:
Nehimiah 13:5, Neh 12:44, Acts 4:36, Acts 4:34-35, Numbers 18:21, 24-26, Galatians 6:6

B. The Brethern in Need I.e GOD'S People In Need.. Acts 4:34-35, Romans 12:13

C. The Poor in the Society: Luke 18:22-25..

Finally, In as Much Tithing is Commanded by GOD , we should Know that Just Tithing does not Take anyone to Heaven..
Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST Is and Remains The Only Way to HEAVEN.
Luke 18:9-14, Luke 11:42...

Having said that a Believer who has Accepted JESUS CHRIST and does not Tithe, May Have Himself/Herself to Blame...

If you are in a Place where you feel your Tithe is not used for what it's to be, Instead of Going Against your Creator, I think it's Best you Change the place...

And as For the Priest, Levites, Pastors, Bishops, etc who are playing and feasting with the Tithes of the People, I Leave You to GOD ALMIGHTY! But I advise you change your Ways.. because JUDGEMENT will begin in the House of GOD. 1 Peter 4:17. So Fear GOD because it is a Terrible and Fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD . Heb10:31

GOD BLESS US ALL!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by tsephanyah(f): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Ask yourself throughout the day::
What is the goal here?
What is important to me?
Is this the best use of my time?
Your answers will help you stay on the right track.

11 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

1. Tithing is Biblical: The Matter of Tithing didn't Just jump out from the Sky.. Tithing Orginated since the days of Our Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY Dealings with Man.
Genesis 14:20, Nehimiah 13:12, 2Chronicles 31:12, 2Chronicles 31:5-6, Numbers 18:24, Malachi 3:8-10

2. Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House I.e A Place where GOD ALMIGHTY IS WORSHIPPED, Overseen by a Servant of GOD:
Nehemiah 13:12-13, 1Chronicle 26:20, Malachi 3:10, 2Chronicles 31:11-12, Gen 14:18, Provb 3:9

Nehimiah 13:5, Neh 12:44, Acts 4:36, Acts 4:34-35, Numbers 18:21, 24-26, Galatians 6:6

Finally, In as Much Tithing is Commanded by GOD , we should Know that Just Tithing does not Take anyone to Heaven..

Having said that a Believer who has Accepted JESUS CHRIST and does not Tithe, May Have Himself/Herself to Blame...

If you are in a Place where you feel your Tithe is not used for what it's to be, Instead of Going Against your Creator, I think it's Best you Change the place...

And as For the Priest, Levites, Pastors, Bishops, etc who are playing and feasting with the Tithes of the People, I Leave You to GOD ALMIGHTY! But I advise you change your Ways.. because JUDGEMENT will begin in the House of GOD. 1 Peter 4:17. So Fear GOD because it is a Terrible and Fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD . Heb10:31

GOD BLESS US ALL!
I Totally Agree with your Summation Sir

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2018
Your write up may probably hold water but be realistic, Do these churches that collect tithes really do charity?

Is it right for a real servant of God to boast that he’s dangerously rich?

Is giving tithe supposed to be a monthly thing as opposed to gathering of the harvest which is a yearly affair?

Are pastors supposed to dwell on collecting tithes and sowing seeds?

And in all honesty, do you think Daddy Freeze has over time raised some salient points?

10 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2018
mrAMG:
Your write up may probably hold water but be realistic, Do these churches that collect tithes really do charity?

Is it right for a real servant of God to boast that he’s dangerously rich?

Is giving tithe supposed to be a monthly thing as opposed to gathering of the harvest which is a yearly affair?

Are pastors supposed to dwell on collecting tithes and sowing seeds?

And in all honesty, do you think Daddy Freeze has over time raised some salient points?

1st Question

YES ! Our Churches carry out Charity , Just that some might not involve Publicity stunts for that! My Church does that Massively but not for publicity stunts!

Having said that there could be some wolves in sheep Clothings who do not !

Question 2

It depends on how u saw the statement! I am not a member but I Watched that program where The servant of GOD made that Statement! I didn't see it as a Boast! It was more of an Encouragement! He said and I quote " Some persons say I am worth $150 million ! How can you say so! I am worth All Things! I am Dangerously Rich"
My brother Everyone who Believes in JESUS CHRIST is worth all things!
Provb 23:7 says as a Man thinketh in his heart, so is He

1cor 3:21 says let no man glory In Himself , All things are yours!

It's a choice to say Positive to yourself!

3. Tithe giving has no fixed way! It's based on how u get your profits, Gains, salary etc..

4. Whoever dwells on Just Tithe payment is more of a Criminal!
The Primary purpose of JESUS CHRIST is to Seek and Save the Lost not to collect Tithes!

Having said that , It is Important to teach on Tithes , Givings and Offerings as it is GOD'S Principle to Godly Prosperity!

5. NO! Freeze has gone about a Right talk with a Wrong Approach! It's really Dangerous because some of men being Insulted are Men Called by GOD! Even if they go Astray, GOD HAS HIS way of Dealing with them! But the person who insults them Insults GOD Because it's GOD that called Him and not us!

I'll tell u ,Freeze has led many to things they can't recover from Except by Mercy of GOD.. all due to their Tongues!

May GOD HELP US

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by buygala(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2018
There we go again sad

Tithe this...Tithe that...

The more you guys try to defend tithing as practiced in Nigerian churches, the more the stink and rot in that doctrine becomes obvious....

God gave us brains but these pastors expect us to abandon it at home when coming to church....

As for me...i have stopped going to church because I always get very irritated at the amount of brainwashing and silly rationalizations of the shameless monetization of Christianity that goes on in there...

The Bible commands us to cut off our right hand or any other part of our body if it causes us to sin...The Nigerian Church causes me to Sin...So I have it cut off....smiley

No Tithe ..No serial offerings...No Pastor's Birthday Levy......No sowing of seed in The pastor's wife's life..No "The Lord has just laid it in my heart that he wants to bless 10 men today...men who will take the leap of faith and donate their cars to the body of Christ...come out with your car keys and particulars and Claim your blessing"....

Life is very Simple in Nigeria....But Nigerian Pastors and politicians are the ones making it hard.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Onyi22(f): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2018
Don't worry daddy freeze is coming for u
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Tunasco4u(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2018
Ok
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by spongeisback: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2018
Ive come to the conclusion that tithe, offering and seeds is the only thing getting so many people "called by God".

If you doubt me take a small tour in religion section and see for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by CheapDataGuy: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2018
angry
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by jessetom(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2018
Thieves
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by TheBillionTeam: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2018
Which do you attend?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by TheBillionTeam: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2018
Which Church do you attend Righteousness ?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

1st Question

YES ! Our Churches carry out Charity , Just that some might not involve Publicity stunts for that! My Church does that Massively but not for publicity stunts!

Question 2

It depends on how u saw the statement! I am not a member but I Watched that program where The servant of GOD made that Statement! I didn't see it as a Boast! It was more of a Encouragement! He said and I quote " Some persons say I am worth $150 million ! How can you say so! I am worth All Things! I am Dangerously Rich"

3. Tithe giving has no fixed way! It's based on how u get your profits, Gains, salary etc..

The Primary purpose of JESUS CHRIST is to Seek and Save the Lost not to collect Tithes!

Having said that , It is Important to teach on Tithes , Givings and Offerings as it is GOD'S Principle to Godly Prosperity!

5. NO! Freeze has gone about a Right talk with a Wrong Approach! It's really Dangerous because some of men being Insulted are Men Called by GOD! Even if they go Astray, GOD HAS HIS way of Dealing with them! But the person who insults them Insults GOD Because it's GOD that called Him and not us!

I'll tell u ,Freeze has led many to things they can't recover from Except by Mercy of GOD.. all due to their Tongues!

May GOD HELP US

Thank you for taking the time to answer and also break it down. You have taught me a lot of things today.

God bless you!

Meanwhile, can
MrPRevailer:
MrPRevailer
come and see how intelligence in argument is manifested? See how he calmed down to school me? See how he brought out points and bible verses and explained nicely? I hope you learn a thing or two from here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by theapeman4: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!
if you attend Catholic church! Forget it

That church is a demonic church who worship virgin Mary status and put on Mary charms as part of protection!

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Sammiejokes(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!

So after your Bible study, The number one reason for tithe is to bless pastor. You intentionally left the part that said you should use ur tithe to buy whatever your heart desire and merry with your family and do not forget the Levite. Thieves.

18 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by chuose2: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2018
Wait oh, if tithes is required how come Jesus never collected tithes?

Since the pastors want to collect tithes,why dont they share it with the widows & poor as the bible says?

The Levites are those who work in the temple,so everybody that works in church plus widows should share the tithes and
not for the Overseer to buy jets.

Deuteronomy 26:12
When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing,
and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

Too many fake pastors in Nigeria.

Pastor Sunday Adelaja has challenged all the fake pastors Oyedepo, Olukoya, Adeboye in Nigeria, dem no wan reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2jQDfVxdoY

Make dem reply now make we see

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by theapeman4: 10:52am On Dec 23, 2018
Sammiejokes:

So after your research, The number one reason for tithe is to bless pastor. You intentionally left the part that said you should use ur tithe to buy whatever your heart desire and merry with your family and do not forget the Levite. Thieves.
good one!

Them forget the family aspect!

We are in end time so fake pastors is rampant

6 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2018
theapeman4:
if you attend Catholic church! Forget it

That church is a demonic church who worship virgin Mary status and put on Mary charms as part of protection!

Who is this one?

How does this relate to what is being discussed?

Mtchewww don’t go and do research so you can be knowledgeable

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Trackango: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2018
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Lataability(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2018
What do you mean by God called them? Through phone number or email? Guy listen..i fit wake up today and tell u say God don call me... all this pastors na scam. If Nigeria government go fit place ban on tith u go see say many Churches go close. What of muslims? Do they pay tithe. Are u better than them.. guy just delete this nonsense post b4 i go vex 4 u
Righteousness89:

1st Question

Question 2

It depends on how u saw the statement! I am not a member but I Watched that program where The servant of GOD made that Statement! I didn't see it as a Boast! It was more of a Encouragement! He said and I quote " Some persons say I am worth $150 million ! How can you say so! I am worth All Things! I am Dangerously Rich"

May GOD HELP US

3 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by wami7470: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2018
Any how you turn the story, money must be made.

Learn how to profit from the Financial Market and how to start a business in Nigeria visit www.360forextrader.coml
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by troubleboi: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2018
To some extent I agree with you.. But most of these churches don't do charity.. Its was because of how daddy freeze has been battling with them that some start giving..

Truth be told we re Christians, Christ like... If Jesus does not give tithe why is it that most pastors mkes it difficult for their members..

Meanwhile earn money as u browsing.. This browser pays for browsing.. Its free..

Click my signature below.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by MycroftHolmes: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

1st Question

Question 2

May GOD HELP US

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by 08064978510(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2018
Sammiejokes:

So after your Bible study, The number one reason for tithe is to bless pastor. You intentionally left the part that said you should use ur tithe to buy whatever your heart desire and merry with your family and do not forget the Levite. Thieves.
no mind them oo awon lion in sheep's clothing

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Ruddyman(m): 11:01am On Dec 23, 2018
God bless you ....Do your part and leave the rest to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by MuttleyLaff: 11:03am On Dec 23, 2018

What a load of rubbish
Put radioactive waste trash where it belongs

4 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!
All you wrote are good but did the holy spirit teach this himself or you just study them?
Will an armed robber make heaven? Yes or No
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Trackango: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2018
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/amp/

Tithing is giving 10% of your farm produce to the Levites because they take care of the Holy places and are not apportioned farm lands.

It's a Jewish thing that was done in Isreal.
They don't even do it anymore.

This is what my own research got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEF5NcA0K_I

6 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by femicyrus(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

1st Question

Question 2

May GOD HELP US

you just gave out yourself with this response. one word for you "Repent"

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Austinrenny: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2018
DEUTERONOMY 14: 22 - 29.

You avoided this particular chapter and book of the bible when you spoke about tithing. Typical of you. Hahahaha. The quoted chapter and verse is the origin of tithe and tithing. It covers everything from payment of tithe and use of tithe. You intentionally avoided it, because it renders most of your ckains INVALID. ��

Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anna Beam Miraculously Rises From The Dead And Is Healed Of Uncurable Illness. / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.