Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin (12648 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2007
atiku07:

stanech just shut that mouth of urs ebe like say u sef follow join for the rigging process abe make una leave the guy alone let him defend his mandate.

Atiku or what ever you call yourself if you dont't know how to address someone you better Keep mute.

donmayor:

Read this:
And you say Oshiomole should siddon look.

Nobody say make him sidon look, what i am saying is that every one is saying that PDP does not obey court orders and that they stole ballot boxes duing elections they are thugs and that they are this and that  and then we want change abi?
When we are talking about change we are talking about change in all aspect including violence. Then how come those clamouring for change are equally the people leading violent protest that is disturbing the process.  Just today Atiku was cleared by the supreme court to contest the elections.

If the election was rigged and Oshiomole wants to prove he has won he should go to the court. If he really want's to serve then he should not lead a violent protest that will kill those he wants to serve.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by atiku07(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
stanech:

Atiku or what ever you call yourself if you don't't know how to address someone you better Keep mute.

Nobody say make him sidon look, what i am saying is that every one is saying that PDP does not obey court orders and that they stole ballot boxes duing elections they are thugs and that they are this and that and then we want change abi?
When we are talking about change we are talking about change in all aspect including violence. Then how come those clamouring for change are equally the people leading violent protest that is disturbing the process. Just today Atiku was cleared by the supreme court to contest the elections.

If the election was rigged and Oshiomole wants to prove he has won he should go to the court. If he really want's to serve then he should not lead a violent protest that will kill those he wants to serve.

who on earth do u think u are abi because nairaland join me and you together that now gave u the audacity to talk to me any how by the way how could one accord a supporter of evil like u. as if it is not this same nigeria u are when they will manipulate things all in the name of the rule of law. please if u dont know how to get about talking then kiss ur ass
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Orikinla(m): 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
No justice, no peace.

If the elections were free and fair, would voters march on the streets to protest against INEC and the PDP.

Even Dr. Ken Nnamani, the President of the Senate has dismissed the last elections.

President Olusegun Obsanjo has just confirmed my conclusion that he looks like a Babalawo., because he is behaving like one.

Over 10,000 people have lost their lives in extra-judicial killings and political assassinations since he became President in 1999.

Human Rights Watch said the elections were a national disaster.

Baba Iyabo is being disgraced and the whole world is watching.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
He didnt do wrong.He was protesting for heaven sake.He won and he was robbed.Iwu knows it
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by watchung: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2007
800 policemen to arrest 1 person? hmm na wa oh! where were all those policemen when all those thugs and imbeciles were running loose? God help Nigeria.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by lewa(m): 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2007
It took INEC 48hrs to announce the victor in Edo~na wa o!Would my cousins vote for a roguish party that has shared their partimony wastefully in the past 8 years(lucky) again ?Hell no!Oshiomole is the man of the people and the man has every right to defend his rights by force if necessary!Enogh of dishonest cleverness, Osunbor's learned colleagues at the Bar and Bench should caution their man~it's not sine qua non to ride roughshod over the yearnings of a people!PDP is an anomie and its patrons a la Anenih,Osunbor,Ugbesia and the like belong to the public gallery of shame!~
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jgirl3: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2007
Obj's days are numbered. He has a few weeks b4 getting out of there but he's gone way overboard this time. That old agbaya looking for trouble and leaving the office in chaos.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
yes she was arrested and is cooling her heels in police cell in ABUJA now, all this useless politicians should be arrested for causing palava. when katakata start na innocent people that will suffer, and all this MUGU will be hidding behind their thugs. Let them all be arrested and jail for their atrocious crime. AMEN
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Onnyxd: 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2007
Lets leave everything to God
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by ulehj(m): 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA -or whoever you call urself u are a disgrace.Adams never encouraged violence,the people are tired of the reign of terror and abuse of power and they came out to demonstrate that.is this how elections are conducted in the US where u reside?and you air out ur f**king opinion some of u are just senseless.You piss me off
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2007
I wonder oh.Why would Adams not fight?For heaven sake he was robbed.Abeg they have no just right to arrest him.OBJ pack ur load and go.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2007
lmao

Abeg e don do oh.No use laf kill me
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by IykeD1(m): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2007
This country is synonymous with CONFUSION.  If you come down to it, virtually all the parties that
participated in last week's election can be found wanting one way or the other. Its just that PDP's
power and super rigging held supreme.

We can blame Obasanjo for every single woe the country has but the real problem lies with the
crop of politcians we have in Nigeria as a whole. Not until every single one of them learn to put
their egos and personal interests aside, the PDP structure will continue intact. The Atiku saga is
a clear example - Buhari's candidature would have been better strenghened if he had decided to
forgoe is doomed ambition, but the man's ego is larger than Nigeria itself.

If the oppostion was cohesive and united under one or two parties at the most, their voices or
grievances will carry far more weight than what you have on the ground today.  There are no
perfect elections, rigging will always play a part especially in Nigeria.  However, at some point,
losers have to concede in the interest of public peace.  This is coming from someone whose family
supported one opposition party in Delta morally, and financially (token) as well. We know that our
man in Delta was robbed, but heck, I rather there is peace and calm in Delta than having the
whole place engulfed in flame

Until these guys come to understand that they are more potent united than fragmented, the story
will remain the same. They will be more effective if they can call their supporters to engage in acts
of civil disobedience (peacefully) across the country than in a city or state here and there.  On a
last note, I dare say the same fate awaits Atiku if he tries to pull the same stunt after next week's
election, and guess what, when they come for him this time around, the supreme court will be
hearing a case of whether a sitting vice president can be arrested for leadign a violent protest
or not.  Nigeria we hail thee and thy confusion!
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 12:45am On Apr 17, 2007
Its so funny only people that reside abroad are sensible enough to know you don't go promoting violence to show the world the election process was tampered with. most of this people here speaking are the kind of thugs are are brain washed with just 500 Naira to go kill each other. What is the court house for? what is the judicial system for? duh
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by TCUBE(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2007
bless his poor heart.Nigeria's politics is too intricate to comprehend.Is there nothing like freedom of speech anymore?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by alanbolo(m): 1:38am On Apr 17, 2007
thx, Iye-d and other posters.  the tune of abuse in this forum clearly showed that we're still immature in argumentative discusions.  i don't want it to be like it's the pple from abroad that are calling 4 non-violence protests.  It saddened us to see and hear of violence here and there.  It's not to be condoned.  

As it's been said b4,  Atiku won the supreme case, and will contest.  if he wins, it'll be regarded as free and fair but if he lost, it'll be rigging --  why are we one-sided opinioned in our views.   Based on the tones of abuse in this forum, if i ever come in contact with anyone to discuss about 9ja politics, i'll abstain cause it might lead to scatter-scatter and death ,   i don run sad sad sad          Can we all get along?  grin
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by cnimo4love(m): 1:58am On Apr 17, 2007
in nigeria man has to fight for his right unless u would be sidelined so i believe Adams is fighting for a just cause all he just needs to do is fight the right people so as not to endanger the life of innocent nigerians [size=8pt][/size]
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2007
Help me tell them oh.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Abeem(m): 3:17am On Apr 17, 2007
It is true that violence never solve any problem.  But there has to be a way for us the electorates to free ourselves from the stranglehold of these PDP vagabonds.  
People power was not a tested option until the people of Philippines decided to confront the brutal dictator, Ferdinand Marcos and oust him from power in 1986. (for those interested in the story of how people power toppled the regime of Marcos, click on this link: http://www.fragmentsweb.org/TXT2/philiptx.html )
People power has also been tested in other countries and worked to their advantage: In Ukraine, in 2004 people defied the harsh winter colds by staging mass demonstration christened Orange Revolution which forced the government to rescind the fraud ridden presidential election earlier held in November of that year That election was rigged in favour of the government candidate but the people knew whom they voted for and resisted the imposition of the wrong candidate on them.
To borrow a line from the editorial of the Boston Globe on the Ukraine episode, "the defining moment in the birth of a nation, is when the people stand up to fight and free themselves from the yoke of oppression, corruption, deceit, fraud, nepotism and all the cankerworm that have plaque  a nation which have contributed to its underdevelopment."
When the people realize they have the power to expose the deceit underlying a government prone to repression, it is the beginning of that regime's end, and it is the time for a new dawn for the nation.  We need to retake the control of our nation from these leeches and leppers who have cause our nation's growth to be stunted.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by rotbog(m): 3:57am On Apr 17, 2007
Saying The Sun Would Rise In The East Tomorrow Morning Is Not A Prophesy.

The Fact That There Is An Impending Revolution In Nigeria Is No Prophesy Also.

Mark My Words And Quote : There Is Going To Be A Mass Revolution In Nigeria. A Type Never Seen In The History Of The World.

I Shiver And Quiver With What I See, But I Guess Somethings Are Beyond Us.

Ever Wondered Why Obsanjo Is Acting So Irrational? Its Not His Doing. He Has Been Overcome By A Spirit.

The Destiny Must Be Fulfilled.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 3:58am On Apr 17, 2007
rotbog:

Saying The Sun Would Rise In The East Tomorrow Morning Is Not A Prophesy.

The Fact That There Is An Impending Revolution In Nigeria Is No Prophesy Also.

Mark My Words And Quote : There Is Going To Be A Mass Revolution In Nigeria. A Type Never Seen In The History Of The World.

I Shiver And Quiver With What I See, But I Guess Somethings Are Beyond Us.

Ever Wondered Why Obsanjo Is Acting So Irrational? Its Not His Doing. He Has Been Overcome By A Spirit.

The Destiny Must Be Fulfilled.

Amen oh.We pray for the best
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 17, 2007
Some people keep fooling themselves in this forum by making comments that doesnt make sence.

I saw a posting that Adams should go to court, yes he will; but we all know how these people play around in court.

Oshiomole was only staging a peaceful protest not a riot. Any normal human being would have done the same thing, so why is his own so different.

Obj and the police are just afriad that adams might start the revolution Nigeria has been waiting for.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 4:51am On Apr 17, 2007
I thot so too but so many people didnt see that way.I support Adams cos he was robbed knowing fully well he won the elections.Obj is scared of failing but come Saturday his biggest failure awaits him.Yar Adua go and treat urself and leave wahala alone.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by pucho(m): 7:57am On Apr 17, 2007
Oshiomole was arrested because he was inciting riots and protesters in benin. All this anti-OBJ propaganda has to stop.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by osteen(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2007
in the USA the judiciary is in existence. Here there is known otherwise innocent people will not be languishing in Jail. Oshiomole lead a protest, the violence is just a matter of the peoples grief. But 800 policemen is out ragious. where were they when ballot boxes were been stollen.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by pucho(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2007
The story about 800 police men is absolute crap. He has caused a lot of raucus in Edo state now there is a 6 to 6 curfew in that town. It's not like his hands are even clean as well. I hate hypocrites.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by goldenray(m): 8:28am On Apr 17, 2007
Its a pity. Very sad indeed. This is a fight that must be fought to the last and I trust Adams to do just that. I only pray its without violence. We all know how guys in that region are prone to violence once they take up a fight and assuredly, they have taken this one up! sad
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by uchetobi(f): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2007
• Adams shouldn’t have instigated violence. If any of his supporters should die in the protest. Adam’s life and political career will still go on. Lets not be caught in the middle of political warfare. Violence is not the answer to anything! Even if he rightfully won. Do you know how many innocent bystanders have lost their life cuz of this protest Violence should not be condoned regardless of the provocation
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by abacus(m): 8:48am On Apr 17, 2007
For most of the commentators to this post that are outside d country, count yourself lucky for not witnessing a fraud call 'election' on saturday. We can only stop them now, cos allowing d dust to settle will make them think they have succeeded in cheating us. I saw on channels TV, Oyinlola of osun state, instructing the Police commissioner to declare 'Rauf Aregbesola wanted' , A joke abi? for if you dont know, Aregbesola(AC) contested and won d election, just like EDO state, counting and anouncement was put to hold for more than 72 hours, A Governor-elect instructing police to declare an opponent wanted , Nigeria JAGA JAGA ,
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by spark: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2007
MAMAJAMA and STANECH, e bi like say national cake don reach una hand abi! Little wonder how youths of today can stand for injustice.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by ulehj(m): 8:55am On Apr 17, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Its so funny only people that reside abroad are sensible enough to know you don't go promoting violence to show the world the election process was tampered with. most of this people here speaking are the kind of thugs are are brain washed with just 500 Naira to go kill each other. What is the court house for? what is the judicial system for? duh

It is natural b'cos things are done in an orderly manner abroad.the house of rep. elections conducted resntly which saw the democrats taking over the house,is an indication that people have their say as regards to the iraqi war.But it will interest u to know that Bush did not use arm twisting tactics to out-smart the opposition.In nigeria the last election showed how devilish OBJ is,there were violence in ondo,oyo,Ekiti,in kano but there was no arrest. It is clear oshiomole won the election,but the likes of Anenih used govt influencto rob him.From your level of reasoning i doubt if you truly reside in the US.piss off man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan / Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget By 3PM / President Buhari Congratulates President Xi Jinping On Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.