Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin (12651 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
buluti:

i only hope the opposition have collected their evidence and not just shouting.

I hope so too.

I really need Oshiomole as the governor of Edo state, but this single act of violence by him is making me dislike him.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by dazangel11(f): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2007
But come to think of it PDP were up against Lucky before the end of his tenure. Aneni in 2004 called him to a meeting and adviced him about him not leaving a landmark in the state. And that was were his problems with Aneni started. OBj has not visited Edo state from 2003 till the PDP rally in Edo state (2007) because he always wish there was any reason to come around. The last time he was invited he turned down the invitation because the two projects he was supposed to commission (Library complex which is now used as a beer palour at nightand the fruit juice factory which is now overgrown with grass) were not up to standard. Indirectly Lucky was campaigning for AC before the election. He new if he openly decamp that the house would impeach him. During the primaries he supported Ugbesia as the PDP flag bearer but Aneni's boy won it from him. The whole PDP that were with Lucky later joined AC in order to make sure the state does not come under Aneni's rule again. but to thier greatest surprise MR Fix It was too big for them. To tell you the truth the people fighting are those few thugs that PDP used in 2003. Now it is thier own turn. Like the saying goes What goes arround Comes arround.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by buluti(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ stanech but come to think of it, i havent read any report that states he instigated the violence or was present at the so-called "peaceful demonstration". The report i read stated that he called for the cancellation of the results.

@dazangel11, am not so interested in whether Lucky was advised, OBJ visited or even who he supported in this election. He has left a mark in the hall of shame and it will follow him forever. Mr. Fix it should keep at it, we are all hoping Adams will take this case seriously and provide facts to the courts. Its a matter of time before a lot of this thugs loose control as long as the courts will wake up to its responsibility, its a matter of time before all this nonsense will stop. At least the supreme court has shown clearly that it would listen to cases.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2007
buluti:

@ stanech but come to think of it, i havent read any report that states he instigated the violence or was present at the so-called "peaceful demonstration". The report i read stated that he called for the cancellation of the results.

He was on a local TV and he said and I quote "I want all Edo citizens to rise up and stand against this injustice"  I watched it. He was supposed to have asked them to go about their normal duties in a spirit of sportsmanship.

This was where the whole thing got me angry. I expected the result. Everybody knew the election would be rigged but what surprised us was his reaction it was so undemocratic.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2007
OShiomole made a statement which the press is holding down that incited the violence, he asked the citizens of edo state to rise up and say no to the poll results. Instead of asking them to go about their normal duties so as he would defend it in the court of law.

I personally dont see anything wrong in that statement remember the orange revolution of Ukraine, The protest against govt and govt policies in Lebanon, Thailand(violent), France(violent) and even US so Oshiomole is in order How can you rob ppl of their votes just like that?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Baro(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2007
Didnt OBJ say this elections was "A DO OR DIE AFFAIR"? was he arrested?

Time will tell

OSHIOMOLE OR OSHIOMOLE
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2007
Help me ask him oh.Obj is d worst of d pack.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 12:47am On Apr 18, 2007
Baro:

Didnt OBJ say this elections was "A DO OR DIE AFFAIR"? was he arrested?

Time will tell

OSHIOMOLE OR OSHIOMOLE

Oshiomole made a press statement that has led to the lost of many lives and properties, so he was arrested.
He should know that he is no longer the NLC chairman.
If every politician start's using words the way Oshiomole did how would Nigeria be by now. As I said earlier two wrongs cannot make , Please do not be sentimental this is a topic for oshiomole not OBJ
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 2:11am On Apr 18, 2007
No one is being sentimental about anything.He is doing the right thing.He was robbed and needs to fight for his right.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 3:22am On Apr 18, 2007
so you saying promoting violence is a way to fight for your right? How do some of this Nigerian people think? was any member of his family killed in the violence that he is promoting? what if his sister of brother was killed in one of the rage, will he still be instigating violence?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 3:43am On Apr 18, 2007
A bitter confrontation broke out on Tuesday morning between men of the Nigeria Police Force in Kano State and some yet to be identified religious fundamentalists.

Several policemen, especially officers from the mobile police unit have been killed in the brutal confrontation which is on going as at press time, in the small town of Panshekara. Panshekara town is some 30 minutes drive from the state capital and is located in Kumbosto Local Government Area of the state.

Credible sources told the Daily Sun that already, the military has been invited to join the operation and flush out the fundamentalists, who have also recorded casualties in the fight.

Sources said that fighting started earlier in the day, armed men invaded the police station, chanting religious songs and shooting in the air.
They reportedly set the station ablaze, gunning down 12 police officers on duty and the wife of the divisional police officer.
The latest operation occurred at the Panshekara Police Station, which is located on the outskirts of the state capital.

Credible sources said the victims included the divisional police officer and 11 other officers.
According to sources, the gunmen, like in previous operation, overpowered the few police officers on duty and made away with an unspecified amount of firearms, a development which has again raised fresh fears that they may be gathering arms for a more dreadful operation soon.

According to accounts, the fundamentalists are not hostile to civilians, but have made the police officers the target of their grievances. Their motive, however, remains unknown.
A source told Daily Sun that the assailants escaped after the operation through the bush paths leading to the River Challawa axis.

A similar operation had taken place last week, when officers of the Sharada police post were attacked by gun men, which led to the death of two officers. Similarly, four officers of the FRSC were killed in a related operation last week.

The police spokesman in the state, DSP Baba Mohammed, confirmed the attack on the station.
The bodies of the 13 people killed were taken to the morgue, Mohammed further said.
Armed men had last Friday killed a radical Muslim cleric and two of his followers in a mosque in a Kano suburb.

When some reporters visited the scene of operation on Tuesday, at Panshekara town, they were stopped at the check point and advised by battle ready police men not to proceed further as the fundamentalists were still poised for battle.
Civilians fleeing the fighting zone were encouraged to flee, while no person was allowed entry into the town.

The police team had armoured tanks positioned in readiness for a show down.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday afternoon, spokesman, DSP Baba Mohammed said that according to eye witness accounts, the fundamentalists were certainly over 40 in number including their wives and children.

He said that they were dressed in red and long turbans and had attacked the Panshekara station with sophisticated weapons.

He, however, regretted that he was unable to give more details of the incident as the operation was still on going. He said no arrest had been made but assured that the police would do every thing to bring the situation under control.

An 8p.m to 6a.m curfew had since been imposed on the state by the state Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Atiku Aliyu Kafur.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Abeem(m): 3:59am On Apr 18, 2007
If we must be free as a people we have to stand up for our rights.  Someone with a warp sense of history was trying to draw a parallel between the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004 in USA and our ongoing elections saying there was no riot even though the elections were disputed especially the infamous 2000 elections.  

But the guy probably did not study American history even though he lives in the US and is probably not aware that America did not become great overnight; their great great grandfathers have fought the battle for their emancipation and freedom and have made the supreme sacrifice which the present generations of Americans are now savouring. Actually they have been reaping the reward as far back as 1776 when they earned their independence from the British.

It will suffice to remind the person and to make it known to those who are not aware that the Americans took their destiny in their own hand more than 300 years ago when they resisted the British with their might.  
There was mass popular protest by American colonists in 1773 to resist the Tea Act in 1773.  This led to the sinking of the British ships carrying tea by the Americans - The Boston Tea Party.
There was the revolutionary war fought with the British as well as the resistance by the Americans against the imposition of taxes on them by the British.

In the most recent past, in the 60's the black people in America, through the leadership of Rev. Martin Luther King fought against the establishment to eradicate the institutionalized segregation system against the blacks.  The bold move led to a sweeping changes in the way America treats the black folks and it led to the passage of many civil right acts.  This is why most of us are able to reside in the country today without incident.

Bottom line we have to stand up for our rights peacefully and we will succeed against the tyrany of oppression that we face.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 4:29am On Apr 18, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

so you saying promoting violence is a way to fight for your right? How do some of this Nigerian people think? was any member of his family killed in the violence that he is promoting? what if his sister of brother was killed in one of the rage, will he still be instigating violence?

lol.K so how do u expect him to protest?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 5:14am On Apr 18, 2007
9ja4eva:

lol.K so how do u expect him to protest?

I still dont believe that people in Nigeria still see violence as the only way of telling people they have been marginalised. How many places has this violence helped matters. Take what is happening in warri for example. Violence will only worsen things and lead to more sorrows and more tears.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 5:15am On Apr 18, 2007
Okay so how do you expect those that were robbed to react?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 6:00am On Apr 18, 2007
THey should do the right thing which is going to the tribunal. Then if the judgement of the tribunal is not fair then the court will be the other option. This last fe days we saw the rullings the court of law has given. VIOLENCE will lead to death of innocent citizens of whm none will be Oshiomole's relatives
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 6:02am On Apr 18, 2007
Hmm how do u expect them to trust the tribunal?Obj is the Chief Judge of the Federation you know.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 6:09am On Apr 18, 2007
Wrong if OBj is the chief judge how come atiku was cleared on monday
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 6:19am On Apr 18, 2007
One of a thousand cases.Its because Atiku knows dem in and out.Why was Ngige not cleared too?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 6:25am On Apr 18, 2007
Why was atiku cleared and Ngige not cleared ?

Now Atiku was cleared by a judge Ngige was not cleared also by a judge. Did OBJ decide the case.? My guy brother in the last few days we have seen tremendious judgements from the courts and more will continue. Many cases wil be decided in the next few months. The court is now turning out to be de defender of our democracy
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 6:47am On Apr 18, 2007
Well lets see what happens.If dey do den its a pride to all.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:00am On Apr 18, 2007
Let us not take the law into our hands, if we do that we will be desroying this democracy that God has given us on a platter of gold [size=20pt]PLEASE SAY NO TO VIOLENCE[/size]
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 7:08am On Apr 18, 2007
If the Tribunal stands firm then no Violence
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by pucho(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2007
Oshiomole is an off shoot of Lucky and would be a failure in Edo state. lets not sentiment cloud our better judgment. Two things should come out here. The first is Lucky has supported Ac and Oshiomole and openly stated that Adams will continue his administration (i'm still searching for the material once i get it i'll put it up).
Secondly why would he incite violence if he was as effective as a labour leader we would have resisted some of the decisions by the government then instead he deceived us and led us into stupid strives when we needed to be firm. The guy is a corrupt person and what exactly did he do as a labour leader.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 8:21am On Apr 18, 2007
Mention one leader in Nigeria that is not corrupt?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Tornadoz(m): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2007
TO ALL COWARDS
Please do nothing even if you know that the election was massively rigged. Grin and bare it.
We saw it happen when we were kids, we are adults now and its still happening. Our kids will grow up and see it happen, and please advice your kids to do nothing. This is Nigeria, a place where you do nothing. Do not protest because it might turn to violence. Leave the courts to decide. Even if some or most of our judiciary are corrupt, do nothing, just let them decide. Lets move on, there wil be election again in 4yrs. Remember to do nothing, let the status quo remain. Do not upest the apple cart, that way my brother you will live to a ripe old age, though you will die a coward. LOSERS.
"COWARDS DIE MANY TIMES BEFORE THEIR DEATH".
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2007
Hmm
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by somebody(f): 10:12am On Apr 18, 2007
I have been following this thread because I am from Edo State and obviously, my interest was piqued. I feel sad that Osunbor won the elections because there is no way anyone can convince me that Adams Oshiomole won't make a better Governor than Osunbor. You have to have lived in Benin to appreciate the state PDP has left Edo. Eight years and all Igbinedion has done is loot the state silly. Am sorry but you cannot be an outsider and make comments about the elections in Edo State becasue ypu just cannot understand the mess PDP left Edo State. There is no way that the Edo State people would have voted in a candidate from a party that has done nothing for them and even worsened their situation. Eight years and nothing to show for it except poverty, bad roads, armed robberies etc, If PDP was a responsible party, they would have called Igbinedion to order but they do not cvare about the people they promised to govern and give a better life. They are all thieves and they certainly do not deserve to be given a chance to rule the State and finally wreck the little left of it.

So if Oshiomole called on the Edo State people to defend their rights, I understand his point. Those people have been taken as fools for far too long. I am not sure why people are claiming he asked them to be violent, he did not tell them to start fighting. He was not responsible for the actions of the violent protesters. I just don't see how he can blamed for that cations of responsible adults. If he said go out and fight, then thats another matter, he said the Edo people should stop being silent and I agree with him. Sometimes I feel Nigerians just like to talk and talk without thinking things through. I read on this same thread that the courts did not clear Ngige but cleared Atiku and found it funny. Did Ngige take his case to the Supreme court? The judges ruled on the case that was brought to them which was Atiku's. Now that it has been established that INEC cannot disqualify candidates, Ngige and the others disqualified can now try to seek redress from the courts,
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by beambally: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2007
oshiomole should take the result in good faith,you win some and loss some,and who told him he won the election INEC OR IS PARTY AGENT,he made the mistake of joining the wrong party,the only genuine thing they achieved was making the broom businee lucrative,and if is calling 4 me people to rise against the injustice let him and is family lead the protest,then we can follow him.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Baro(m): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2007
cowards
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by honeric01(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
We are not reaping the reward of Obasanjo's statement, Since it is a DO OR DIE AFFAIR, the only way to make that word count is violence,, blame the president for this. when the head is bad, the other won't function properly
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by panalyst(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
Like someone just mentioned here, If you are not from Edo state and you have not seen the state of that area, then do not comment. For 8 years, nothing has been done in that state and i assure you that Lucky will come up as the top 3 worst performing governors.

For those of you who say adams is an offshoot of Lucky or Adams Oshiomole can do not good. You may be right but that is not the point. The point is that the people voted for ADAMS not pdp. If the whole of Edo state decide they want a devil as their governor and they vote for him, then no one should bring in an angel no matter what. That is the beauty of democracy. So whether ADAMS is good or not, the fact of the matter remains that EDO state voted massively for him. You need to be on ground in Edo State to realise this.!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tambuwal Reloctes Family From Kaduna!!! / President Buhari Congratulates President Xi Jinping On Re-election / Allegation Of Arrest Plot Before Inauguration Rocks NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.