Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Are Your Regrets For This Year? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Your Regrets For This Year? (31347 Views)

What Are Some Of Your Regrets And Mistakes In Life? / Nigerians On Twitter Share The Craziest Thing They've Done This Year / Share Your Regrets Of 2017! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by ofuonyebi: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
what regrets when I am still alive?....what do you ask those who are already in the grave?...who started this year with u!

if u are still a living soul....like or share...but if u are dead in the grave ...jump and shed crocodile tears..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Lucifer66(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Rolly83:

I'm 36 not yet married but successful. It all boils down to what u want....Lol although I have an 11 year old daughter and she is my world!!!
What I want in life first!
You living the dream bro.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Shady92(m): 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
Planning to write ican exam may diet,bt postpone it due to financial issues thinking I will write November bt still fail to write. Ryt naw am still regretting it. May b my village pple dey work on top ma head. Secondly date my former student who is in ss2, gat a threat from her dad. I just maintain myself jeje and quit. Bt I lyk d babe sha lol
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
haryomikun:

Bitcoin will rise again early next year ma worry. Just watch out for the Bitcoin ETF approval by the SEC and the release of Bakkt
H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A...

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by eventsmallchops: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
I regret not being able to do anything for my beautiful 2 years daughter on her birthday, her mum called me asking if I wont be buying her anything for Xmas, no means.. I regret this baby T, God knows I love you a lot.

my greatest regret is listening to my father who asked me to leave the handwork I was know for to further my education, now I have left university since 2011 no job, wandering around from one friend to the other, certificate is useless, no means of restarting the business.
no Christmas for my beautiful 2 years old daughter, no means to celebrate .. no job! no means.. I'm useless, I'm so ashamed of my self Baby T, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, tomorrow will be fine.

9 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
DoggoneDogg:
I usually don't do regrets but this one pained me.
I regret going into business with a so-called friend.
I lost all my investment in one foolish move based on trust. The wicked guy ran off with all my money & lied about it. Still hurt till now. Never ever again will I partner with anyone for business till the day I die.
Sometimes we have the experience, but we just learn the wrong lesson. For instance, the lesson here should be not to do business with a friend or someone close to you, that's actually a rule, but you chose not to do business with anyone on earth again, and how's that possible?

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by haryomikun(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
Admin401:
H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A...
Why did you quote me writing nonsense?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by 2extremes(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Where should I start from?
2018 is the worst year I have ever liveth in my 3 decades of existence in planet earth.
1. Loss of Job- really suffered when i lost my job because I invested all my savings on my msc programme. lived from hand to mouth practically throughout this year. I begged alot of people for food and clothing this year. Never knew to have garri in your house is a blessing. cant count the number of days i went to bed with empty stomach just to reserve the little garri i have.
2. Loss of Relationship - My girlfriend that have dated for 7 years left. This is a lady we are planning to seal up the relationship with by 2019 or latest 2020. You know how painful this can be? I really love her so much and I still think of her everyday. I hope she is safe. Even though she is gone, I dont think am ready for a new relationship in the next 5 years. Just haave to work more on my pocket and fix my finances. Then I can think of a new relationship.
3. Dropped out of my M. Sc degree- Just because of my loss of job, couldnt continue sponsoring my M.sc programme. Just have to withdraw personally. Almost done with my coursework and was one of the best student. So painful that I wasted money in securing and staring the programme.
4. Lot of failed promises and disappointments- Hmmmm. Disappointments here and there. Its true that you know the true behaviour of people when things are not fine with you. Alot of strangers are better than the so called acquaintances.
5. Loss of health - When you are sick and you have no money to take care of yourself. Nothing can be more depressing than suffering ib pains helplessly.
But all the same 2018 has come and gone. 2019 looks promising and am ready to figth back and recover my losses.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
haryomikun:

Why did you quote me writing nonsense?
That you still have hope that Bitcoin will rise!
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Amigo1: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
SweetBuns:
In less than 7 days, 2019 Bet9ja code of 26m that I refused to play

#Throwback2018
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
nymphomaniac:
Nothing. Everything I have done this year are products of my decisions or indecisions.

Unbiased comment. I like it!
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by haryomikun(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Admin401:
I'm not hoping. In every markets including the Gold market, there are bear and bull periods. If the Bitcoin price didn't dip after its all time high last year, then it would have been a case of great concern.

Read up about securities and exchange markets. You'll understand better. Ignorance isn't always bliss
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by 11doubledee: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Admin401:
Guy I concur.The way some people talk like they control the market they know little or nothing about can be frustrating.
Misinforming people,thereby creating the impression that no online biz is genuine.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by haryomikun(m): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
2extremes:
Where should I start from?
2018 is the worst year I have ever liveth in my 3 decades of existence in planet earth.
1. Loss of Job- really suffered when i lost my job because I invested all my savings on my msc programme. lived from hand to mouth practically throughout this year. I begged alot of people for food and clothing this year. Never knew to have garri in your house is a blessing. cant count the number of days i went to bed with empty stomach just to reserve the little garri i have.
2. Loss of Relationship - My girlfriend that have dated for 7 years left. This is a lady we are planning to seal up the relationship with by 2019 or latest 2020. You know how painful this can be? I really love her so much and I still think of her everyday. I hope she is safe. Even though she is gone, I dont think am ready for a new relationship in the next 5 years. Just haave to work more on my pocket and fix my finances. Then I can think of a new relationship.
3. Dropped out of my M. Sc degree- Just because of my loss of job, couldnt continue sponsoring my M.sc programme. Just have to withdraw personally. Almost done with my coursework and was one of the best student. So painful that I wasted money in securing and staring the programme.
4. Lot of failed promises and disappointments- Hmmmm. Disappointments here and there. Its true that you know the true behaviour of people when things are not fine with you. Alot of strangers are better than the so called acquaintances.
5. Loss of health - When you are sick and you have no money to take care of yourself. Nothing can be more depressing than suffering ib pains helplessly.
But all the same 2018 has come and gone. 2019 looks promising and am ready to figth back and recover my losses.
Damn. 2018 was also a somewhat okay year for me but I didn't have it as bad as you did.

Hope you recover all your losses. Makes me sad to hear stories of grace to grass

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by haryomikun(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
11doubledee:

Guy I concur.The way some people talk like they control the market they know little or nothing about can even can be frustrating.
Misinforming people thereby creating the impression that no online biz is genuine.

Lemme quote my reply to the guy for your reading. I don't have control over the market. Even if otedola invested all his net worth into Bitcoin, he wouldn't be able to control the crypto market. The basis of my assumption is observing other securities markets

haryomikun:

I'm not hoping. In every markets including the Gold market, there are bear and bull periods. If the Bitcoin price didn't dip after its all time high last year, then it would have been a case of great concern.

Read up about securities and exchange markets. You'll understand better. Ignorance isn't always bliss
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Ladydavinci: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
I regretted helping fraudulent people and wasted my precious energy, resources and time.
Karma awaits them. I also thank God for restoration and my promotion.
Please let go of people that are lazy and lack proper upbringing.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by karlboss: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
This year was the hardest year for me and also the year of my wake up call
me
My business was moving very well last year but I used the money to solve an issue

My business stop

I got admission to Australia but lack of incomplete funds scattered the plan.
I looked for a job nothing
I tried fiveer
I tried blogging
I tried learning Java
I tried learning flutter
I tried transcription

I never perfected any skill. I just noticed that my problem was impatience.

Interestingly I got into bet9ja because I was seeing groups on telegram that predicted matches though dem try sha I fund my account with 500 but I noticed that you can't withdraw from 5000. So bet9ja want you to subconsciously keep gambling so I quit. Right now I don't really don't know what my life will look like.
I have never been so scared in my life.

My passion has always been to create jobs and build profitable companies in Nigeria.

I read something teju Babyface said he said nobody will help you unless through partnerships.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
haryomikun:

I can't count how many times I've heard this same exact sentence being used to explain BTC's current position. One thing i can tell you is that, BTC being even above one thousand dollars defeats the original purpose of what BTC was created for, which is to be a universally accepted currency. Right now, it's more of an unstable investment than a currency.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by kowalsky: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Well. Good year all in all. But seen better.

Major regrets.

Having sex with a girl I didn't love. Been celibate for over two years by choice. Then came this girl and I fell to her antics.

First time. Second time. And each time I felt like Samson getting his hair shaved. There's this thing about sex and I know it extends way past the rubato thrusting.

Luckily. Third time I got over the urge and turned her down. Then played down our friendship. Still know I had lost something.

I cared (and still care) too much about people. Both friends and people I don't even know. It's a deep flaw that almost always over shoots my budget. Spent quite a lot attending to needs that were never my concern.

Expectedly my finances right now are piss poor. My uncharacteristic frugality this year added to this too.

This happened quite a while. But strangely only this year did I start feeling regretful. I hate that I let my ex have much control over my feelings. Regret that I trusted her too much. Regret that I made myself overly vulnerable to her.

When the memories of the many things she did and I tolerated come to mind. I literally feel like flogging myself.

All I can remember for now smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by 11doubledee: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
haryomikun:

Lemme quote my reply to the guy for your reading. I don't have control over the market. Even if otedola invested all his net worth into Bitcoin, he wouldn't be able to control the crypto market. The basis of my assumption is observing other securities markets

Honestly bro I read ur comment before qouting @admin401.I never traded in bitcoin but few friends that took my advice in January this year are grateful.
The dynamics of virtual currency world is quickly changing.Bitcoin was one of the earliest if not the first but competition from others will definitely reduce their market/face value.so I don't see a unit at 20k dollars again.
Secondly if central banks adopt their own virtual currency then it will dip further.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Reuben2012(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
hmmm it is well.

I resigned from my former job in Ibadan in Nov to purse another career job in Lagos that i believed will help me to develop my skills set. I was sacked after 3weeks on the job. My boss said she can't be training me and continue paying me salary. She has refused to pay my salary up till this moment and she is out of the country to celebrate xmas with her family. I cant go back home and also to my former job. I believe everything will work out for my good. Ijn

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by staytravel: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nairaland loool!
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by OgaBuhari: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
JjBankys:
joining Nl .can't wait to quit this place come 2019 cool
if you no enjoy nairaland, that be say u get serious problem cool

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Ndamati17: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
My brother's wife death
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by IamGbanks(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Well, after going through 10 pages full of various school of thoughts...

The time was worth it........ Merry Xmas
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
11doubledee:

Honestly bro I read ur comment before qouting @admin401.I never traded in bitcoin but few friends that took my advice in January this year are grateful.
The dynamics of virtual currency world is quickly changing.Bitcoin was one of the earliest if not the first but competition from others will definitely reduce their market/face value.so I don't see a unit at 20k dollars again.
Secondly if central banks adopt their own virtual currency then it will dip further.
I agree with you. The bullrun of Bitcoin towards the end of 2016 was like no other in history. I just feel sorry for people that think it will repeat itself. They just can't imagine that it's over. It's a zero-sum game. For every one winner, they will be a trail of losers. For everyone that succeed in bitcoin, there's will be many investors that lose money, that's the concept of this kind of market. There's no reason for bitcoin to go up anymore, there are coins out there that are even better than what bitcoin offers, alot of them. It's over.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by allymarry89(f): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Mobolajifanny:
#my greatest regret was my nursing councils result in which the result was released and I failed .This cause me pain and and I still causing depression,because I really prepared for the exam.The next one will be done by May 2019.I pray for success...... This year Christmas and new year ,I will not be happy at all.

Sending you tons of hugs darling, Nursing council is such a tough exam but not tough either. Just go back to your drawing board and trust God to take control. Practice more past questions too #hugs
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by allymarry89(f): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
chara019:
2018....was going on so well,until I failed my nursing hospital final,yeah i regret not calming down in the exam hall,Bleep exam tension and anxiety.Bleep

Another regret,not having a handsome steady boyfriend..... single life is ............doooooope... ....lol
Sending you tons of hug darling, Go and succeed in 2019 and Nursing council won't give you and problem
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Wiinnd(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
DoggoneDogg:

I need him dead & I need it done before the year runs out.
I don't want him to eat my money into the new year.
How do I send his details to you? I don't want a physical meeting mind you.
And I pay cash, no papertrail.
Thanks.
I understand your pain bruv. But do not take a soul, it's not worth it. Years to come, when you start making such money that the dude stole from you in excess, you will begin to regret why you ever took a soul because of what he did, cos the truth be told "Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity". Life is in phases, Men are in sizes, life is dynamic, nothing as a matter of fact last forever.
Your largest income right now that you're bragging about is someone's Tithe, the money the dude stole from you in years to come won't have any value again. You will die someday and you ain't taking no money along with you. Do not let the devil use you and destroy you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
cooluzi:
we could take it step by step tho
Bros u don start to dey hustle for who u go fvck dis xmas las las

Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by LUNOreviews: 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
chronique:

Sorry man. That must have been very tough on you.

Yes I almost lost my life
Re: What Are Your Regrets For This Year? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Galapagous:
I concur
Bros it is not easy wit ur brother o

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

World Most Hilarious Names / Amazing Animal Facts You Never Knew. / How To Download Videos From Youtube Without Stress, Any Url And App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.