Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Crime Alert In Abuja! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Crime Alert In Abuja! (2188 Views)

10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate / Nigerian Students Raise Fraud Alert In Cyprus / Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime Alert In Abuja! by Douzy(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
A victim narrates her experience:

Hi all,

This is to bring to your notice, the new method of crime in Abuja, the capital city. I was mugged on easter sunday by robbers. I entered a cab, not knowing that this driver was carrying another person in the boot of his car, and were both thieves. The driver drove to a certain point, and suddenly, someone jumped out from the boot, and they both attacked me, taking all my belongings.

I feel it is important i let you know, as you let others know, as i learnt that has been happening ever since the ban of 'okada' in Abuja and ladies unfortunately has been their victims. plz, before you board a cab in Abuja, pray first, and then check the boot, to make sure that there's nobody in there.

Cheers

Chinwe Oguamanam
Program Officer,
GIVE NIGERIA
Lagos.

This happens mostly in the night, and travellers coming into town from other cities often fall victims too.

Please, be aware!
Re: Crime Alert In Abuja! by babasin(m): 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2007
thanks. I think self-defense course and pocket tear-gas would be good business.
Re: Crime Alert In Abuja! by whiteroses(f): 12:57am On Apr 17, 2007
they now sell pepper spray in lagos just keep one lol
Re: Crime Alert In Abuja! by Seun(m): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2007
Peppersprays in Lagos? Wow, that's lovely. Where can I buy some? Thanks.
Re: Crime Alert In Abuja! by igbi: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2007
]on] my way from the cafe a little over 8 pm, a cab passed by and stop to ask directions normally i dont talk to any one i see on the way, the driver had some one at the owners corner naturally i tot it was a persenger, he stoped to asked for direction saying he was lost, in the process of giving direction, the man at the owners corner step down and stached my bag, with phone id cards and money.thank God i survive but had slight fracture in the process
to make matters worst he stated using my phone book to call my friends to send credit for him of course nobody answered him thanks to MTN who refused to block my line immediately after the incident even though i called the customer care trust nigerians they said i should sue cos its on thir computer that i callled
,fellow nairalanders pls beware of giving directions, abuja is becoming sometin else.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Relocate To Canada..what Are My Chances ? / I Need A Visa To Venezuela / Everything About Admission And Scholarships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.