Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking (61251 Views)

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan / Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by IMASTEX: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
It was a nice experience for me over the weekend to visit Ogba Zoological Garden once again after a long time. The atmosphere was cool & serene to allow me the opportunity to appreciate the work of nature. Saw some animals, though not much. Being a snail farmer, it was more like a homely visit for me because of my general likeness for animals.

Just as I was moving around seeing the animals. I saw an inscription "AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?" Then, I began to bonder on how the world without animals would be like. Especially, the way some Nairalanders are always willing to hunt down any creeping animals for food or just for the fun of killing them. There after coming on this platform to inquire of the name and all what not.

Now the big question is:
* AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?"

* CAN WE HUMANS REALLY DO WITHOUT ANIMALS LIVING IN IT WITH US?

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nonso92(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
The rate at which we kill animals in this country is alarming.

Take Lala for instance, I'm not sure I can count how many snakes that man has killed this year alone.

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by tolugar: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nonso92:

Take Lala for instance, I'm not sure I can count how many snake that man has killed this year alone.

Hunger is real bro.

Also most of these animals don't spare us either.

And this rat that's eating everything in my house including door "imagine eating door"

Killing it is a most

286 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nonso92(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Also most of these animals don't spare us either.

So you're comparing yourself with an animal?

The natural instinct of a wild animal (predator) is to either be defensive when threatened or attack.

Man (Higher Animal), you can make a choice to attack, or just walk away. Or better still, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by IMASTEX: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nonso92:

Take Lala for instance, I'm not sure I can count how many snake that man has killed this year alone.
So many animals will soon be going into extinction if care is not taken.

Well, I still will be breeding my snails.

12 Likes

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nonso92(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
IMASTEX:

So many animals will soon be going into extinction if care is not taken.

True.

This year, I saw countless number of sea turtles that were caught and killed in Lagos.

Something that you will put back in the water, Nigerians. We want to eat everything.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by CreepyBlackpool: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
After the animals are gone we start recreating them in the labs through genetic engineering, cloning and other branches of zoological and biological science

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by DONADAMS(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
life goes on..
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Innocent229(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Wao
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Let them go first...when we get to that bridge,we will cross it grin

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by DoggoneDogg: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Where in Ogba is this zoo please?

2 Likes

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
WHAT NEXT!!
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by obembet(f): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nonso92:

Take Lala for instance, I'm not sure I can count how many snakes that man has killed this year alone.

That's where op is going jare. He only beat around the bush. God know how he multiplied things. Lala has killed and more than 25000 snake but still we still see snake everywhere. Likewise cow, more than than 2000 cows killed in south west alone, both for ceremony and daily meat seller. But still we have more. So not this generation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by publicenemy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
You just want to tell us you went to a zoo

5 Likes

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by bestman09(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by engrkaz(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
The lion lean joor... ma bi mi ni jamb question
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by emeijeh(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
Are you indirectly accusing Lala for his likeness for snakes?

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by nelronaldo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
We go dey alright Las Las
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by olan4ward: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Look like the lion is on 40 days fasting.Is it by force to create zoo. This creature could have live better in their natural habitat than this hell call zoo
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by olayemioshiyemi: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
If them wan go make them go Abeg make them no threatening us with animals exit .next

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by chicoMX(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
If all the animals wey dey this world Kpai finish; many humans go begin chop grass, some folks from the east fit manage mushroom while the remaining humans go begin chop humans

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by dannybomb(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
After the animals are gone we start recreating them in the labs through genetic engineering, cloning and other branches of zoological and biological science
And you think there won't be any genetic side effect
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Homeboiy: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
hahhahhaha

Nothing dey ogba zoo
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Ressaman(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Really

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by emmykk(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pres Buhari will take a cage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Hector09(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
The only animal thats rampand here is millipede, even some snake ve gone into extinction
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by godwinstringed1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hmmm

Kindly check my signature
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Brb, make I book space first
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Jonadull: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Bla bla bla

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Updates / My Journey To The UK / Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.