Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,339 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi (19449 Views)

NASA Inducts Nigeria’s Dr. Robert Sola Okojie Into NASA Inventors Hall Of Fame / CP Hakeem Olusegun Odumosu: Lagos gets new Commissioner of Police / The First Black Woman With Phd In Aeronautical Engineering In NASA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
Axis313:

Yoruba amaka?No,it should be Yoruba Ni Baba Won,Yoruba Lagba.

Shatap, wtf is Yoruba ni babalawo or Yoruba lagbaja.
Stop that sh**.

It’s Yoruba Amaka.

Stop messing with that slogan.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
I am also a nasal scientist
check my signature
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by planetx: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Someone that grew up in New Orleans, Houston, and Mississippi is the one you are claiming to be Nigerian because of his name.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
Motivating! smiley
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by melodygenius(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
This is officially my mentor I have always dreamt of being an astrophysicist thank you so much OP . please how can I contact him. Am a 2015 Graduate of Physics at Obafemi Awolowo University. I have vowed to have my Msc in no other course but Astrophysics. All I was created for is to study the outer space. I have passion for heavenly bodies. God Almighty created me for this reason I know that for sure.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by pally123: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
Make una no deceive una sef o. This one na american!
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by saajus: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
melodygenius:
This is officially my mentor I have always dreamt of being an astrophysicist thank you so much OP . please how can I contact him. Am a 2015 Graduate of Physics at Obafemi Awolowo University. I have vowed to have my Msc in no other course but Astrophysics. All I was created for is to study the outer space. I have passion for heavenly bodies. God Almighty created me for this reason I know that for sure.

Check his Florida Tech email. I won't display it here. Just google his name and FIT.. Email him and express your ambition. Tell him you will like to do your Masters and PhD research under his tutelage. Apply for Masters at FIT. Don't tell him you only want to have Masters. Tell him you want to get your PhD. Find his past research works online and say something that will interest him. You can reach out to him before or after you apply to FIT. Baba, if I were you, I will start my application to his school first before I reach out to him. This will show I'm serious. This has worked for many Nigerians..Also, research Florida Tech. I'm very sure one Nigerian will be doing PhD there..If you see any on there website, write the person and keep in touch. He will guide you better..Also,visit Nairaland USA student page. That will extremely help you...Start now. Start studying for Toefl and GRE. They are not difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Beey(f): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
melodygenius:
I found this ;Goodluck.

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by baysol: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
Omoekun931:
Good one there.
Yoruba Amaka
Look at credentials and some flat heads will come here to beat flat chest about there type who are drug pushers all over the world. Odua Republic loading if 2019 is not in favour of Showore we cannot continue to Nigeria this Nigeria that over nothing. Yoruba ronu.

1 Like

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
NessaBoo:
Yeah...he's actually really a big deal, he's fondly called the "Guardian of the galaxy" grin,

Blacks are always so underrepresented, from George Washington Carver to the black women who worked as mathematicians at NASA in the early 20th century, to James West, who co-invented the microphone and those whose impressive scientific records have nearly languished in obscurity.

Hakeem is as big as they come!!
I feel the under-representation of black people and their achievements in the STEM fields comes from a general stereotypical belief that blacks are only great and popular in other fields like entertainment and sports, and also, more than ever, this ideology being projected and inculcated into young black kids growing up today, making these fields a priority for these kids.

Fewer blacks involved in STEM makes them naturally extinct and totally forgotten when it comes to acknowledging their works and contributions.

It's totally commendable, the awareness these black scientists are creating and their efforts in taking a step to change the status quo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by toprealman: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ogbonna Onu should just hand over to this man and he should be be begged to sign a contract till 2027.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by NPComplete: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Admin401:
You'll be surprised this kind person might not even be an atheist. But those underachieving losers in Religion section, na them carry athiesm for head despite being sore losers in the realm of science and tech.

Lol. You are so moronic. Trying to shade atheists so much that you didn't stop to think if it applies to u too. Or are u not an underachieving theists in the realm of science and tech or life in general and even in religion who carries religion on his head? Lol.

If u are actually smart, u won't have used the example u used. And I wouldn't have been able to use it against u. And u didn't even confirm if the guy u were talking about was religious or not before mouthing off.

3 Likes

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by rhektor(m): 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Really??...so when is Nigeria going to the moon?

Next week
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by TheAlchemist: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
melodygenius:

https://twitter.com/HakeemOluseyi

Follow him on twitter, tweet your ideas to him, you might soon be out of Naija... good luck.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
NPComplete:

Lol. You are so moronic. Trying to shade atheists so much that you didn't stop to think if it applies to u too. Or are u not an underachieving theists in the realm of science and tech or life in general and even in religion who carries religion on his head? Lol.

If u are actually smart, u won't have used the example u used. And I wouldn't have been able to use it against u. And u didn't even confirm if the guy u were talking about was religious or not before mouthing off.

Lol NPC grin started laughing when I saw your name.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Niceman4u(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
xage:
Kudos to him

Quite inspiring

But what is it with all these tribal childishness that has taken over Nairaland??

We are first of all Nigerian.... Let the MODs start banning those atrocious minds to restore sanity and good conduct
Honestly nairaland had become very childish and a ground for tribal wars.
It is for this reason of tribal war on nairaland that I rarely visit this forum.
I think it is high time Seun did something about this tribal war here otherwise intelligent and mature guys will start finding this forum sickening
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by xage(m): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Niceman4u:

Honestly nairaland had become very childish and a ground for tribal wars.
It is for this reason of tribal war on nairaland that I rarely visit this forum.
I think it is high time Seun did something about this tribal war here otherwise intelligent and mature guys will start finding this forum sickening

@seun Osewa please note this comments for intelligent report and please do action observations

It is no longer safe for intelligent and healthy reasoning individuals

1 Like

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by MightySparrow: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Yoruba, King of Black Race!

1 Like

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by oluwalonikemi: 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
If it is about those tribal bigots this post would have reached 20 pages, bashing other tribes.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by FisifunKododada: 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
cool
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by altereg0: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
oluwalonikemi:
If it is about those tribal bigots this post would have reached 20 pages, bashing other tribes.

Life is too short to be speaking in parables…just say e dey pain you as people no show much interest in the post.
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by ajl: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
If any you think that guy have an hint that he is of Nigerian origin, then you are fooling yourselves. I watched one of his other video and below his my comment to one of is other YouTube videos I saw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45pTq0ADz6o

"Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi, I could see from your names that your parents are most likely Nigerians. In fact I have the same first name, and similarly your last name is of same ethnic origin as mine. So I am really surprised by your comment on finding students in South Africa equally as intelligent as American students. Sorry to ask this "Don't your parents talk about their Nigerian background?". Until the time I was doing grad studies at a Canadian university and was undergrad class instructor, I never realized how superbly more brilliant an average Nigerian student I left home was. Only thing was that they were in a society with different human experience, different environment, and different and extremely diverse cultures. I would expect you to have come to that level of awareness before that trip to South Africa. For example I read somewhere online, and not sure how accurate it is, that you never heard about calculus until after you left high school for Stanford. That is a stark contrast to the public high school I attended in Lagos, Nigeria in early to mid-80s where we had few calculus whiz kids in the class."

1 Like

Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
Still DEMOLA AJAYI
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by iremide007(m): 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hello nairalanders, pls bless me this festive season and God will bless you too. 0160847155 gtb any amount will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by oluwalonikemi: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
altereg0:

Life is too short to be speaking in parables…just say e dey pain you as people no show much interest in the post.
People that it concerned are not tribal bigots that's the fact
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Cool83(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
oluwalonikemi:
People that it concerned are not tribal bigots that's the fact
like some people
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by hustla(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Because he bears a Nigerian name doesn't mean he's Nigerian. He might only have naija ancestors.

If you watch discovery channel 136 on DSTV well,.then you should be familiar with this boy.

And Sony Max too i think
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ijaya123:

Amaka is not a Yoruba language.

Yoruba ni baba won. West side, the best side.

West side...the real side
Re: Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi by superlightning: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
CityNGR:
My Igbo blodas now

Dr. Eni Njoku
Group Supervisor
Senior Research Scientist
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, California
Dr. Eni Njoku is a senior research scientist and supervisor of the Water and Carbon Cycles group. His research interests focus on applications of spaceborne microwave sensing to studies of land surface hydrology and the global water cycle. He served as project scientist of the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) mission and is a member of the EOS/Aqua Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR) science team, investigating surface soil moisture and its role in hydrologic and ecologic modeling, weather and climate prediction, and monitoring of floods and droughts.
Dr. Njoku's other activities have included development of microwave remote sensing retrieval algorithms for land, ocean, atmosphere, and cryospheric investigations; technology studies utilizing large deployable antennas for spaceborne microwave sensing; and field campaigns using airborne microwave radiometers and radar systems.
Education
•Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (1976)
•M.S., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (1974)
•B.A., Natural Sciences/Electrical Sciences, Cambridge University (1972)
Research Interests
Water cycle science and applications using microwave remote sensing.
Projects
SMAP - Soil Moisture Active & Passive Icon SMAP - Soil Moisture Active & Passive
SMAP will provide global measurements of soil moisture and its freeze/thaw state.
Professional Experience
•Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1977-Present) ◦ Project Scientist, SMAP Mission (2008-2013)
◦Senior Research Scientist (2006-present)
◦Project Scientist, Hydros Mission (2001-2006)
◦Principal Scientist (2001-2006)
◦Research Scientist (1977-2001)
◦ Aqua/AMSR-E science team member for soil moisture (1996-present)
◦ Section Manager, Geology and Planetology Section (1993-1994)
◦National Academy of Sciences/National Research Council Postdoctoral Research Associate, (1976-1977)
•Visiting Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environ. Engineering, MIT. (2001-2002)
•Program Scientist, Ocean Processes Branch and Earth Science Data and Information Systems, NASA Headquarters (1986-1990)
•Associate Professor, Dept. of Engineering, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA (1984-1986)
•Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu, Nigeria (1980-1981)
Selected Awards
•English-Speaking Union, King George VI Memorial Scholarship (1972)
•National Acad. of Sciences/NRC, Resident Research Assoc. (1976)
•NASA Group Achievement Awards (1980, 1982, 1985, 2013)
•NASA Exceptional Service Medal (1985)
•Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (1995)
•Visiting Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2001-02)
More here https://science.jpl.nasa.gov/people/Njoku/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tesla Sued Over Racial Discrimination In The Workplace / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? / 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.