Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Love Might Be Tempting - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Might Be Tempting (403 Views)

Tempting The Devil - Feather's Stories / Tempting The Devil - Feather's Stories / Tempting The Devil - Feather's Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Might Be Tempting by patrickjoshua(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
***Love Sometimes Sucks ***
**It's a fiction**

Those blood rush profusely from my mouth like trespassing has occurred in my intestines .
I've just finished drinking a Sniper and about to open the second when my breadth suddenly start fading and my eye lid limps .
Mama shouted my name filled with joy because the sales that day was encouraging not knowing that her son was about to cross the bar .
That smile fade ,when she sees her only replica grasping for breath, struggling with life like it's a war .
She wailed, " My pikin , wetin happen?", folding my shirt as if it'll bring back to life .
She saw the look on my face -- it's boldly written and easily understood--but she just couldn't give up.
"Remember the promises you made",She said trying to forge courage but she's betray by emotion.
" You said you'll make Me proud " ,she added with the torrent of tears now trekking down her cheeks .
"Is this the happiness you promised me ,if it's I don't want ",She muttered her teeth clenching her tongue like she couldn't mumble words perfectly.

***A hour earlier***
She had just called that she's no longer interested.
Her text was "I've found someone more better than you ,I know you've tried your best to be the perfect guy but the new guy imperfections is even more better than your perfection. Miss you till we meet again"
A cold sweat hugged me and hit me on the spine ,when I read this.the whole cloud nine I've been building has just been collapsed and turned into an oven .
I betrayed manhood just to please her .
And all she could do is to repay me with this .
I don't think I worth living.if for the first time in my life,i could give all my best to a girl and still be told I'm imperfect ;then I'm certain I belong to another replica.
While different thoughts hovers in my head
That evil side of me whispers
Urges me to leave this world and stay in peace
It made my head swerve and I was wooed by The Sniper-- mama bought --
I moved close to it
With one thought in mind

To be continue.....

(1) (Reply)

How I Met Your Mother - A Short Rant / The Ills Of Religion By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / That Fantastic Amazon Ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.