Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Life Savings Of 250k - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Savings Of 250k (43849 Views)

Get Me A Job And Take My Entire Live Savings Of 100,000 / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / 250K For Househelp Job In Banana Island, Only Graduates Needed. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2018
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs.

The problem right now is that the guy I have been squating with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometines I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.

Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters.

Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2018
Learn to drive, then relocate to Ibadan, Abuja or lagos. Apply for uber driving training at the Uber office, then come back here on nairaland to get cars to drive on rentals.

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2018
aaronson:
Learn to drive, then relocate to Ibadan, Abuja or lagos. Apply for uber driving training at the Uber office, then come back here on nairaland to get cars to drive on rentals.

thank you, but all I have with me is just 250k, relocating to big cities like you mentioned above will cost me all of the money.

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

thank you, but all I have with me is just 250k, relocating to big cities like you mentioned above will cost me all of the money.
Try to reconnect with any friends and relatives you have in any of those cities and beg to stay with them for not more than 6 month, With earnings from Uber you should be able to atleast rent a low cost house before the 4th month.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by abdoullerh: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2018
Going for masters is a nonstater. What you need is connection not additional certificate that you might end up roaming about with it. Get connections or if you know you can start something with the 250k fine. But you have to be careful that way.
jinka:
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs. The problem right now is that the guy I have been squating with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometines I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.
Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters
Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2018
Thank you so much sir

3 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by abdoullerh: 10:21am On Dec 24, 2018
I wish i could be of more help. Too bad we are in the same boat. Only that i served in 2014.
jinka:
Thank you so much sir

4 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Hhhh

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 10:34am On Dec 24, 2018
abdoullerh:
I wish i could be of more help. Too bad we are in the same boat. Only that i served in 2014.

seriously it hasn't been easy. i have worked and endured alot, I just need to stand up as a man and aim higher

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by MetroBaba1(m): 11:57am On Dec 24, 2018
adex79:

I will implore you to pay your tight first from the #250k then pray for God directive. Don't embark on anything without God directive please. The word of God say whatever you do you shall prosper and also says that whatever your hand findeth do it. So seek God first and he will surely direct your part. Thank me later if you are the hearer of the word

And who go eat the Tithe?

280 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Auladimeji1: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2018
Go and join politics. APC or PDP, it pays well

7 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
Same question asked almost all of the time... Same answer I will always give.

You don't have a job because the skills you have are already saturated...

Believe me, you have no special skill in your armoury...

1. Ability to work under pressure, bla bla bla... All those are bullshit.

Real skills like Web Design/Development is what you need.

Mobile App Development... Software development...

Graphics Design...

All these will make you rich within the space of 6 months!!!

Do you wanna get started?

Let me show you how you can end this year and start 2019 with a BANG!!!

Click here to read this post now!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs. The problem right now is that the guy I have been squating with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometines I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.
Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters
You will lose your money if you do anything you stated Go open a barbing salon Sleep inside ur shop at night until you have enough money to rent a House You earn Cash from Day One

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by idu1(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
adex79:

I will implore you to pay your tight first from the #250k then pray for God directive. Don't embark on anything without God directive please. The word of God say whatever you do you shall prosper and also says that whatever your hand findeth do it. So seek God first and he will surely direct your part. Thank me later if you are the hearer of the word

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by idu1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

Acquire better IT skills and forget master.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by sammylee002(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
Bros dis is an opportunity to start ur own business ..... Look for 50k and add to d 250k and I will sell to u my 7month old Keke... If u are serous, u can be making 8k to 10k a day ..

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Stallion93(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
sammylee002:
Bros dis is an opportunity to start ur own business ..... Look for 50k and add to d 250k and I will sell to u my 7month old Keke... If u are serous, u can be making 8k to 10k a day ..
I think this is the best advice so far

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by amajato: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Vacancy...
Teachers needed

1. English language graduate (British curriculum)
2. Preschool teachers (EYFS)

Note.. you must be residing in Benin.

Send your CV to... Vokesmaja@gmail.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
sammylee002:

Pls which state do you reside?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BillGoldberg: 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
First and foremost, do not contact anybody from this site or drop your email or phone number. Most Nigerians are hungry animals and will rip you off that 250k you saved already! You have been warned. Simply go through advices and pick the ones that best suit your life.

As an aside, Please do not pay any stuppid tithe neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have some options now. Two of the answers are already here.

First and foremost, why not open a lesson centre from the money you have already? You can even teach adults as per adult education. You can also teach a large number of your school pupils as per afternoon lessons.

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha or Ibadan and open a Salon! With a Salon, you have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Find a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! With the said amount above, You can buy clothes that will fill 7-8 Onions bags. You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell". It pays a lot.

Fifth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro. (PS: This is a joke and just for fun. I dont and will never support this.)

But never ever go for masters! Its useless. There is little or no white collar job in Nigeria now. The few available ones either pay peanuts or the high paying ones need connection to get! Don't learn any useless computer skills! You may remain hungry Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!

329 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by sammylee002(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

Pls which state do you reside?
that d only challenge oo cos am in Lagos call me 08134826749

2 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:

Graphics Design...

Even those skills you called are now saturated....once anybody sabi use WordPress, he go call himself web developer

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
Mafizo:

Even those skills you called are now saturated....once anybody sabi use WordPress, he go call himself web developer

*He go call himself*

Self-appraisal... When time reach, the person go know say him no be developer...
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
Please do not pay any stuppid tite neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have two options now. Two of the answers are here too!

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha and open a Salon! With a Salon, yoi have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Fimd a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell".

Fourth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro.

But never ever go for masters! Don't learn any useless computer skills! Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!

The best Yahoo guys are tech gurus...

If not, advise him to do rituals... Because no maga will fall...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Mekenz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
at oops I think you should consider learning any handwork relating to building construction, e. g, painting and decoration,wood work (roofers), tiling, aluminum works to mention a few, trust me those guys are cashing out big, forget all these office yeye peanut works.

38 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BillGoldberg: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:

The best Yahoo guys are tech gurus...

If not, advise him to do rituals... Because no maga will fall...

Bro why will I ever advise any human being to do rituals? God forbid... Its better I suffer and remain poor till death than ever kill a human being for money.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Bro why will I ever advise any human being to do rituals? God forbid... Its better I suffer and remain poor till death than ever kill a human being for money.

The more techy you are, the more yahoo will pay...

Other ones na rituals...

Formats no pay again... Learn good programming skills, then cash out big from yahoo...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by nedubest(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
start up a business, i can design a logo or anything for your new business, if u need a website too, i'm your man. cheCk my signature
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by jinka(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
Please do not pay any stuppid tite neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have two options now. Two of the answers are here too!

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha and open a Salon! With a Salon, yoi have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Fimd a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell".

Fourth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro.

But never ever go for masters! Don't learn any useless computer skills! Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!

Pls I need you to tell me more about the okirika clothes business. I stay in Ilorin and I think k I might be able to sell it easily.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by samuelchimmy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
I think sir, the best advice is for you to join Uber or taxify, leave that ilorin and relocate to somewhere like Lagos or Abuja, I know you think it's not possible looking at the resources you have in your arsenal.

You are afraid of the unknown, I implore you to leave your comfort zone, find a friend or a relative to squat with in these locations...
the truth is you will get more opportunities in these locations as a graduate why driving
Goodluck

6 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by lordally(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:

Graphics Design...

JINKA I would advice you to follow this guy up!!! cos software is the shortest route out of poverty!!! get a software skill ...and I promise you bro!!! you would never regret it!!! all I give you is just 2 to 3 months after you get a training in any software package and you're on your way up!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by majorSLEEK(m): 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
Underrated thread undecided

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google / Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. / N-Power Test: What's Your Score?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.